The brand Xiaomi has obviously grabbed the potential in the market for the recent launch of Xiaomi Mi A1 in the tech market. Xiaomi Mi A1 is launched in September as the new flagship device of Xiaomi. Well, if you are wondering why? Let’s consider its pair-up with Google Android One for that.
The Mi branding says that “Xiaomi considers this amongst its premium devices. Android Oreo will be rolled out to this phone before 2017 is through.” Quite bold words from the brand. But yet people can’t wait to have its hand-first look and know about it. Well, if you are one of them, then you have come to the very right place. Here we are going to discuss all necessary facts about the Xiaomi Mi A1 device.
Xiaomi Mi A1 has brought some extraordinary details to the device. Here’s a video of the first official look of the device. After watching it, you’ll know what I’m talking about. [A Must Watch Video]
So now let’s discuss the price, features, full specification and competitors of the Xiaomi Mi A1 in the Indian market. Along with it, we will also look at Xiaomi Mi A1’s pros, cons, and quick review.
Xiaomi Mi A1: Price and Availability in India
In this case, an exclusive news must grab the headline. Xiaomi Mi A1 has entered in Indian market with Google’s Android one program. The price has been elected Rs 14,999 and the device is exclusively available in Flipkart.
Mi A1 is a big achievement for Xiaomi. Because for the first time the company discards its Trusty MiUI and besides that Mi A1 is the very first dual-camera phone from Xiaomi in India. So for Xiaomi, it is a huge big deal.
Here are the highlights of Xiaomi Mi A1–
- Dual Camera with 2x optical zoom for the perfect picture
- Whole metal body with 5.5 Full HD display
- Unlimited storage on Google Photos
- Comes with Google Assistant in-built.
- Just perfectly measured device designed for your hand
- Contains 14 nm Snapdragon 625 chipset (Octa-core)
- High-quality audio paired with the advanced Dirac HD Sound
- More clear conversation in phone calls for a noise-reduction algorithm by Fortemedia along with VoLTE (available in supported regions)
Xiaomi Mi A1: Special Features
Just the perfect size – feels like designed only for you
Xiaomi Mi A1 has come with a great size with 5.5 inches Full HD display and 7.3 mm in length. In the case of smartphone devices, it’s said “The slim, the smart”. Well, here Mi A1 followed the quote with perfection with a perfect sized device.
A great camera indeed…
The Mi A1 brings you a great camera with 12 MP main and 12 MP front camera with a double optical zoom feature. Get the shot with subtle details with the Xiaomi Mi A1 camera.
However, there is no doubt that the camera is legitimately good around good amount of light. But there is still a gap for it to reach up to 100% service. Because unfortunately, the device doesn’t perform that good in low light visibility and this is all due to the smaller aperture f/2.2. Indeed the device can compensate the fact with good snaps in bright light visibility.
Beauty and power are balanced
Yes, it’s the right statement to make for the device. The device, Mi A1 has a great display and the perfect size for single handed use. Along with it, this phone brings you a strong processor of Snapdragon 625. No wonder why Xiaomi made the statement – “As powerful as it is beautiful”.
Battery and Quick Charging
It comes with a battery of 3080 mAh. Mi A1 does support to Qualcomm 3.0 quick charging but Xiaomi doesn’t provide fast charger. If you suppose to buy then buy a charger which is Qualcomm certified. Right now in the market, Syska Qualcomm 3.0 quick charger is best but you can check other Qualcomm 3.0 quick charger on Flipkart and Amazon.
Beautiful Colour options
Comes with 3 colour options – black, golden and pink. If you love any mild colour, the device has the best options.
Audio With Great Quality
Mi A1 has paired with advanced Dirac HD Sound that gives you the experience of powerful speaker for both phone calls and music. Its audio amplifier goes with high-impedance headphones of 600Ω at max.
Xiaomi Mi A1: Full Specification
Here are the full specifications of Xiaomi Mi A1…
Xiaomi Mi A1
|Release date||5th September 2017|
|Dimensions (mm)||155.4 mm × 75.8 mm × 7.3 mm|
|SIM Type||Single, Dual|
|Battery||Non-removable Li-Ion Battery 3080mAh(typ) 3000mAh(min)|
|Colors||Black, Golden, Pink|
|Screen size (inches)||5.5|
|Display Type & Resolution||Full HD ( LTPS display) 1920 x 1080 resolution|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||403|
|Operating System||Android One|
|CPU||Octa-core max 2.0GHz|
|Internal||64GB, 4GB RAM|
|Card Slot, Expandable upto||micro SD - Up to 128GB|
|Primary Camera||Wide-angle lens: 12MP 1.25μm f/2.2 Telephoto lens: 12MP 1.0 μm, f/2.6|
|Secondary Camera||5MP 1.12μm, f/2 Beautify with 36 smart beauty profiles Selfie timer Facial recognition|
|WLAN||802.11a/b/g/n/ac protocols 2.4/5G WiFi / WIFI Direct / WiFi Display|
|GPS & other||Yes, including GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, BEIDOU|
|Supports 4G in India||Yes|
|Supports 4G in India||Yes|
|Ambient light sensor||Yes|
|Any Other Special||High-quality audio with the advanced Dirac HD Sound, More clear conversation with a noise-reduction algorithm by Fortemedia.|
- Moto G5S Plus
- Moto G5S
- Lenovo K8 Note
- Lenovo Z2 Plus
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
- Lenovo P2
- Moto G5 Plus
- Nokia 6
- Honor 6x
Camera comparison: Xiaomi Mi A1 vs Moto G5S Plus
After the launch of the Mi A1, the first question hits in your mind that ‘In term of camera performance, Xiaomi mi A1 or Moto G5s plus! Which one is better?’. Almost every person who seeks to buy the phone has confusion on Moto G5s plus or Xiaomi mi A1. So, let us remove your confusion.
In the term of the colour production, Moto G5S Plus is a bit ahead of the Mi A1. The colour production was more accurate and vibrant. In outdoor condition either it is Moto G5s plus or Mi A1, both do well and no one is ahead of each. In indoor and artificial lighting condition, Moto G5s plus stand ahead of the Mi A1 while in the depth or portrait mode, Xiaomi Mi A1 is better. So Overall if you have extra money in your pocket then only go for the Moto G5s plus otherwise there is no great difference in the camera performance.
Xiaomi Mi A1: Pros
So let’s dig out the Xiaomi Mi A1’s pros or you can say what do we like in it. Here are the pros of the Xiaomi A1-
- Affordable price
- Incredible camera performance in outdoor, indoor, & artificial condition.
- Unlimited high-quality storage on Google photos for photos & video + 64GB internal storage. Even, this type of unlimited storage offer is not available with pixel device.
- Google promises for the 2-year update. So, you will get the update of Android Oreo and next Android version too i.e., Android P.
- Combination of the 2.5D curved-edge Gorilla Glass protected display, and full metal body gives good build quality and premium look, & feel.
- FHD 5.5 inches display provides great angles
- Strong processor -Contains 14 nm Snapdragon 625 chipset (Octa-core)
- Great audio output from the headphone jack and this is due to the advanced Dirac HD Sound.
- 7.3 mm thin gives a better grip.[Very thin as compared to other]
- Single speaker is given but still, sound output is loud enough.
- Comes with Google Assistant inbuilt.
- All necessary sensors are present.
- Supports 4K and slow motion video recording.
- No lag while playing heavy games. We test it with Modern Combat 5, Asphalt Extreme and Asphalt 8 and played for 10 min continuously. The temperature reaches upto 38°c. Thus, the phone gets warmer but not very much while playing for a long time.
Xiaomi Mi A1: Cons
So let’s dig out the Xiaomi Mi A1’s cons or you can say what do we didn’t like it. Here are the cons of the Xiaomi A1-
- Hybrid Sim slot (at once- Dual sim or one sim + microSD). We have found a solution and suggest you go through this – Solution of Hybrid Sim slot and use Dual Sim + microSD together.
- Xiaomi praise for its camera performance but it didn’t have any kind of image stabilisation. No OIS or EIS.
- The camera lacks good performance in low light.
- Comparing to the other devices, Mi A1 has an average battery of 3080 mAh. But practically, combination of the 14 nm chipset and Andriod one, battery life is surprisingly good but not as what Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 had.
- Mi A1 does support to Qualcomm 3.0 quick charging but Xiaomi doesn’t provide fast charger. If you suppose to buy then buy a charger which is Qualcomm certified. Right now in the market, Syska Qualcomm 3.0 quick charger is best but you can check other Qualcomm 3.0 quick charger on Flipkart and Amazon.
- No NFC, radio app given or supports.
For more Xiaomi Mi A1 Pros & cons, keep in touch we will be right back soon with the Xiaomi Mi A1’s depth review.
Still, any doubt? Feels free to ask via comment.
Thanks for reading. We are waiting to see you again…