Top 5 Best Smartwatches under 20000 Rs in India
Smartwatches don’t just offer time visibility with adjustable clock faces and themes, in recent times they have become an integral part of the smartphone experience. They offer remote access to our device and saves us the hassle of taking out our phone for every little notification. This ease of operation is highly sought after in recent times and that is why the market is flooded with these devices. There are a lot of new players that have entered this segment and are trying to battle it out with the old champions, we are here to help you choose between these options so that you can buy the best smartwatch under 20000 Rs in India.
The price range for this article is set at sub-20000 Rs, which gives us a lot of premium options and our list will include some of the big players but also some newer brands that offer cutting-edge tech at competitive prices. That being said, it still was a herculean task to assemble this list of Top 5 Best smartwatches in India under 20000 Rs just because of the sheer quality of the entries. All the options we considered had their advantages and disadvantages but we have picked out the best 5 only so that you can choose easily.
How did we prepare this list of Top 5 Best Smartwatches under Rs 20000 in India?
So, We decided to go the straight way and pick the watches based on their additional features as the price range of sub-20000 allows for almost all brands to incorporate health and fitness sensors and other premium additions. We decided the best ones based on battery performance too as this is something that makes the watches stand out. We also considered other key aspects like durability, productivity, app development and ease of access.
You can be sure to find the best smartwatch that fits your budget and requirement as we have gone through each and every one of the entries for your convenience. We have tried to cater to different types of requirements in a single list so that you don’t have to go through extensive research. We have tried and tested every single one of these smartwatches and you can trust our lists to guide you through your buying process. Our Best Pick lists are appreciated by our readers too, as you can see from this comment left by one of them,
Here are the Top 5 Best Smartwatches under 20000 in India
Samsung Gear S2
- The Samsung Gear S2 charges wirelessly which is a great user ease feature and a great addition to look for while choosing the best smartwatch under Rs 20000.
- The Samsung Gear S2 features a Super AMOLED display which is not seen in many smartwatches under 20000 in India.
- 1.2″ Super AMOLED display
- 4 GB storage and 512 MB RAM
- Tizen OS
- 250 mAh Battery
The Gear S2 takes the cake in our list of top 5 best smartwatches in India that cost less than 20000 Rs. It has a great display and provides good productivity with a lot of user ease options. It is not perfect though, read our list of its pros and cons to find out why.
- The Gear S2 features a fully circular Super AMOLED display which is very sharp and dense. The 360×360 px screen has great viewing angles and clarity that matches the more expensive apple watch. The display has an always-on feature that displays the time and notification widgets even after the screen has dimmed.
- The Rotating Bezel on the Gear S2 is used for navigation and swiping as well as other operations. This is a very neat way to circle through the various apps and info and this bezel based navigation works very fluidly on the S2 and better than most smartwatches.
- The Tizen OS is fast and very responsive with the navigation and app load up being equally swift. The OS features tons of customizations that add to the personalized experience users look for.
- The battery lasts for over 3 days on a single charge which is decent but not too good. The wireless charging option is also a great addition as it provides a certain level of ease of access to the overall watch.
- The Voice Command is slow and unresponsive at times. It takes a lot of time for the voice command client to wake up and operations done through voice are slow too. This is a setback as many users like to operate the smartwatch through voice when their hands are not free.
- The App Library for the Tizen OS on the S2 is very thin as of now and many big players are missing from its lineup as compared to Android Wear or Pebble. We hope developers start working on this and expand their library.
We paired the Gear S2 with our Asus Zenfone 5Z and it worked like a charm, though we couldn’t use Samsung Pay still it wasn’t missed as much.
- The Fitbit Versa features an SPO2 sensor that estimates the blood oxygen levels. This is a rare feature in smartwatches under Rs 20000 and Fitbit gets extra points for adding this.
- 1.32″ LCD Display
- 2.5 GB Storage
- Fitbit OS 2.0
- 4 Day Battery
The Fitbit Versa is the second entry in Fitbit’s Smartwatch lineup after it bought Pebble. The Versa has a lot of features similar to its bigger brother the Fitbit Ionic which is a more premium offering from Fitbit. The Versa smartwatch does miss out on a few things though so read our detailed pros and cons to know more.
- The display on the Versa has been improved upon by Fitbit which shows they have learned from their mistakes. The touchscreen is now more responsive than ever and the brightness is also apt at 1000 nits. This makes the screen visible under direct sunlight even at lower brightness levels.
- The Fitness Features on the Versa are very versatile and all the sensors are top notch with a lot of unique offerings like the Run Detect feature which senses your movements and determines whether you are running or not. There is a huge array of other sensors too so it the Versa is quite well equipped fitness-wise.
- The Watch Customizations are plenty and there are so many options to choose from that you will spend a lot of time only deciding which face looks best. There are some 3rd-party faces too which can be bought and these faces offer next level personalization and allow you to alter the text font and even info display location.
- There is no GPS on the Fitbit Versa even though it is heavily marketed to have many fitness tracking abilities. The omission of GPS and GLONASS means lesser accurate distance and step tracking but this isn’t a concern if you are not into fitness.
- The Fitbit Versa has limited smartwatch functions, there are a lot of options but something feels lacking in the notification interaction department which we hope gets fixed in future updates.
We paired the Fitbit Versa with our Oppo Find X via Bluetooth and it was very easy. Setting up the app on the phone and syncing is also seamless and fluid.
Asus Zenwatch 2
- The Zenwatch 2 sports a 1.63″ AMOLED display which is the largest display size amongst the smartwatches featured on our list of best smartwatches you can buy for 20000 Rs.
- It is the only watch in our list of top 5 best smartwatches under 20000 that features Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection on its clock face.
- 1.63″ AMOLED display
- 512 MB RAM 4 GB ROM
- 300 mAh battery
- IP67 Waterproof
The Zenwatch 2 does improve upon the earlier Zenwatch and offers a performance boost over its predecessors, but it misses out on some key points which we wish it had paid more attention to. Read our take on its pros and cons below.
- The display is very impressive. It is sharp and color accurate and bright enough to be visible under direct sunlight. There is two finger touch support and Gorilla Glass 3 protection. This is essential as watches tend to get scratched up a lot and this Gorilla Glass is a welcome addition.
- The Zenwatch 2 runs on Android Wear OS and this is arguably the best smartwatch OS till date. Tons of apps and customizations as well as productivity tools. This is a great change that Asus went with as it had a custom OS in previous generations.
- The charging time of the Zenwatch 2 has been greatly improved and now it takes about 30 minutes to charge fully. This is great for quick trips and helps in saving time while hurrying off to an important meeting or occasion. The battery might not be that long lasting but the charging time has been cut down so it is acceptable.
- The battery does not last long and this issue becomes worse after OTA updates. The battery life has gone down and down update after update and we are still waiting on official word as to when this will get fixed.
- There are not many fitness trackers integrated into the Zenwatch 2. There is no HR sensor and Activity sensor and even the Gyrometer has been dialed down from 9-axis to 6-axis in the 2nd Gen. As it is an upgrade over the previous watch it must have better sensors than the old Gen.
We connected the Zenwatch 2 with our Asus Max Pro M1 and found the stock Android OS to work brilliantly with Android Wear OS. The pairing was smooth and hassle-free.
Garmin Vivoactive HR
- The Vivoactive HR has a ton of fitness tracking and sports integrations. It has a special Golf mode which tracks and estimates the yardages and other things related to that sport. This isn’t present on any other smartwatch in our list of top 5 best smartwatches under 20000 in India.
- 1.13″ Display
- ANT/ANT+ Bluetooth Connectivity
- 5ATM Waterproof
- 8 Day Battery Life
The Vivoactive HR is a nice mix of fitness trackers and smartwatches. It offers some great interactive features and controls but misses out on hardware accuracy. Read our thoughts about its pros and cons below.
- The huge array of fitness tracking and sports activity tracking present on the Vivoactive HR make it a formidable Fitness Tracker with smartwatch functionality. There are so many great and accurate tracking modes like swimming, golf, running etc that make this the ultimate fitness tracker.
- The smartwatch functionality is simple and intuitive. The actions on notifications are limited but you get Android Wear-like info on-screen like weather and other messages. We consider these integrations a royalty as they are not usually present on a fitness tracker.
- The battery life is very impressive on the Vivoactive HR. It can run for up to 5 days on a single charge with heavy usage and all sensors used for maximum time. You can squeeze out more life if you are a light user.
- The display is very dim and low resolution. The PPI is low and so the display seems pixelated at times. The display is not too responsive either. You have to swipe quite a lot to get through menus and options.
- The HR sensor is accurate for the most part but gets erratic when at high intensity. This means that the calculations based on elevated HR would not be that accurate.
We connected the Vivoactive to our Redmi Y2 through the Garmin app and the connection was stable and the watch started displaying notifications instantly.
Huami Amazfit Pace
- The Amazfit Pace is the most budget-friendly option in our list of top 5 best smartwatches under 20000 Rs in India. It offers great features at a price lower than all other entries in our list.
- 1.34″ LCD TFT Display
- IP67 Waterproof
- 280 mAh Battery
- 512 MB RAM 4 GB ROM
The Amazfit is easily the most economical choice in our lineup and for good reason too. It easily compares to the premium brands in productivity and hardware but still, it isn’t able to satisfy all the users. Read our opinion about its pros and cons to know more.
- The Amazfit Pace is very accurate while tracking your fitness data. The GPS tracking makes this even more reliable and you can use the data it produces for your medical examination. The HR sensor is also pretty accurate and only falters while you are doing an intense activity.
- The Amazfit Pace auto translates messages and notifications when it displays them. You have the option to view the notification in your native language which can be tweaked in the App settings.
- The On-board storage allows you to store music and play it without having to touch your phone. This onboard storage also stores tracked data so you might fill it up quickly, so remember to sync regularly with your smartphone app.
- The battery lasts for over 4 days on heavy usage which is very impressive given its smaller capacity battery. The battery will last longer if you are a basic user and charging is also very easy through the provided cradle.
- The touch is disabled on the LCD until you physically unlock it through a button. This is a very annoying practice as you have to press the button every time to perform any kind of operation on the watch.
- The Notification UI is buggy and crashes if you try to view the full message or reply, this might get fixed with future updates but currently it causes some problems.
The Amazfit Pace connected to our Redmi Note 5 Pro without delay and the app works seamlessly on all devices.
So this was our list of the Top 5 Best Smartwatches below 20000 in India.
Why switch to Smartwatches from the normal one?
Here is a video from Austin Evans to make you clear you “Why you need to move to smartwatch from the normal one?”
How much do you like the post “ Best Smartwatches to buy below Rs 20000 2018”?
We hope You would find our post helpful, either Yes or No, share your thought in the comment box as we love your comment. Also, be in touch to firstly know about our next upcoming post-
Also, If we have missed a favorite resource of yours, please add it below in the comments. We love looking up new avenues of inspiration from you.
And Don’t forget to share the topic ‘Top 5 best smartwatches under 20000′ on social networking site because this might be helpful to other.
Other Handpicked Articles
- OnePlus 6 Pros and Cons- Top 15 Reasons to buy and Top 6 Reasons to not buy
- Honor 10 Pros and Cons- Top 17 Reasons to buy and Top 9 Reasons to not buy
- Oppo Realme 1 Pros and Cons- Top 16 Reasons to buy and Top 8 Reasons to not buy
- Top 5 Best VR Headsets under 1500 Rs in India- 2018 [Expert Pick]
- 5 Best Mobile phones under 25000 Rs in India- 2018 [Expert Pick]
- Top 5 Best Earphones under 1500 Rs in India- 2018 [Expert Pick]