8 Best Gaming Laptops under 40000 in India With Graphic Card
Laptops are great for mobile productivity or on-the-go usage. Their portability makes them a great travel buddy and a must have for any trip. Laptops serve a lot of purpose for the students too, who live in hostels and their laptops are their entertainment world. Gaming on a laptop might not be as immersive as on Desktop PCs but it still is a student favorite. This list is meant to help you chose the best gaming laptops under 40000 Rs in India.
There are many options right now in the market for a budget of 40000 Rs. You can walk away with some very decent laptops, but not all of these are good for gaming. Gaming needs a good integrated GPU or a better dedicated GPU and ample of RAM and a speedy processor. All these things mix up to form the perfect gaming machine. The price range of 40000 Rs for gaming laptops means you will not be able to play at high settings but you will still be able to run all modern games. So, read this article till the end to find out the answer to your doubts as in which is the best laptop under 40000 with graphic card.
How did we prepare the list of 5 best gaming laptops under 40000 in India?
The criteria for selection of laptops in this list was centred around a decent GPU, especially NVIDIA and AMD Radeon, a decent processor and good looks. You can carry out day to day tasks smoothly on these laptops and they would give you an average gaming experience on low to medium graphics settings.
We also filtered out the best battery life amongst the gaming laptop entries we shortlisted. So, We have tried and tested every aspect so you don’t have to worry. We pride ourselves on our Best Pick lists because of the amazing response from our readers, as you can see from this comment left by one of our readers-
8 Best Gaming Laptops under 40000 Rs in India
Asus Vivobook 15 X512DA
- Asus Vivobook 15 is the most compact and slimmest laptop in the list of best gaming laptops under 40000. It has a frameless nano edge frame that offers a brilliant 88% screen to body ratio that gives you a big screen to see in the small-sized 15.6” laptop. The bezels on the side are ultra-thin measuring at a mere 5.7mm and Asus Vivobook 15 still offers you an HD camera on the top for video calls and clicking pictures.
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500U processor
- 2 GB AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics card
- 8GB RAM and 1TB HDD storage
- The built-in fingerprint sensor in the touchpad
- Just 1.60kg weight
- 1-year on-site domestic warranty
Asus Vivobook is the slimmest and lightest gaming laptop available under 40000. It weighs at just 1.60kg and has an immersive display with just 5.7mm of bezels. It has a built-in fingerprint sensor which is rare in laptops under 40000. It just lags behind in the battery backup but otherwise, it is one of the heaviest performing and good looking laptops in this range.
- Asus Vivobook 15 has a whopping 14” display in the overall 15.6” body. With a 88% screen to body ratio, it’s the world’s most sleek 14” laptop.
- There are very thin bezels measuring up to just 5.7mm on all four sides of Asus Vivobook 15 made possible by the Nano Edge design. You can watch your favourite movies from sideways too as Asus Vivobook 15 offers a very wide viewing angle on its immersive display. Overall it’s a great fit for watching movies in a group.
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500 U processor in the Asus Vivobook 15 can clock speeds up to 2.1GHz with 3.7GHz on Turbo Boost. It performs quite well on medium usage. Watching movies, doing regular tasks on apps like MS Word is very smooth on the laptop while it also performs quite well in gaming on medium graphics.
- Asus Vivobook 15 features 2GB AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics card which is almost double more powerful than the Intel Integrated 620 graphics card available in this range. You can easily play CSGO and PUBG on low graphics up to 50fps and up to 35fps on medium graphics.
- Asus Vivobook 15 comes in four attractive colours that suit your different style statements.
- The illuminated chiclet keyboard on Asus Vivobook 15 has a special Ergolift hinge that can tilt up to 2 degrees for an easier typing and gaming experience. The keyboard is full-sized with bigger keys and is completely backlit which helps you work and play games even during the night times in low light.
- You can easily access your Asus Vivobook 15 with a simple touch because of the fingerprint sensor incorporated in the touchpad. This is a very special feature sorely missed in laptops of this range.
- Asus Vivobook 15 has all utility ports like USB-C, USB 3.1, USB 2.0, MicroSD slot and HDMI output. The USB-C port makes data transfer up to 10 times faster than the USB 2.0 port.
- 1TB HDD storage on Asus Vivobook 15 gives you ample space for all your games, movies and much more. Add to that there’s a space for increasing the storage as well as adding an SSD which helps load apps faster.
- The battery backup of Asus Vivobook 15 is just around 2 hours on medium gaming and up to 3 hours on normal usage. It’s a good option if you have your charger around because of its powerful specs and sleek design but the battery backup is not good.
- The speakers on Asus Vivobook 15 deliver good clear sound with bass but the volume output is a little weak. The sounds are good for a silent room but it sounds too dim in noisy atmospheres.
Acer Aspire 3 Thin A315-53G and Acer Aspire 3 Thin A315-55G
- Acer Aspire 3 A315-53G and A315-55G give a long-lasting battery backup of up to 6 hours on moderate usage. The Acer Aspire 3 models are coupled with the NVIDIA MX130 and MX230 graphics card which give the budget gaming laptops a much-needed boost in terms of gaming.
- Intel i5 8th gen processor
- Acer Aspire 3 A315-53G has 2GB NVIDIA MX 130 graphics card
- Acer Aspire 3 A315-55G has 2GB NVIDIA MX 230 graphics card
- 8GB RAM and 1TB HDD storage
- 36WH battery gives up to 6 hours battery backup
- 1-year international travellers warranty
Acer Aspire 3 has two models in the Gaming laptops range. The A315-53G and A315-55G have exactly the same specs except for the difference in the graphics card. Acer Aspire 3 is built in a very sleek fashion, is lightweight and gives one of the best battery back-ups among the best gaming laptops with 8GB RAM.
- Acer Aspire 3 has a beautiful 15.6” display which produces vivid colours in Full HD 1920×1080 resolution. The bezels are slim and narrow on the sides while there’s a significant thickness of bezels on the top and bottom of the screen.
- The Acer BlueLightShield technology on Acer Aspire 3 helps reduce strain on eyes due to working for long hours. You can play games and work during night time without worrying about straining your eyes and getting tired due to blue light.
- Acer Aspire 3 features ultra-fast Intel i5 8th gen processor which is the best processor in gaming laptops under 40000. Acer Aspire 3 can clock speeds up to 1.6 GHz with 3.7 GHz on Turbo boost. It also features 8GB of RAM, so you can carry out day to day tasks and multitasking very smoothly on this laptop. For better performance, you can increase the RAM up to 12GB.
- Acer Aspire 3 has 1 TB HDD storage which gives you ample storage for all your apps, movies, photos and much more. More importantly, Acer Aspire 3 has two 256GB SSD PCIe storage ports through which you can add 512GB of SSD to it. Keeping games and apps on SSD helps apps and transitions load faster.
- Acer Aspire 3 A315-53 G has 2GB of NVIDIA MX130 graphics card which helps you play games like PUBG and CSGO quite smoothly up to 45fps on low resolutions. While Acer Aspire A315-55G has a better NVIDIA MX230 graphics card which can help you play these games slightly smoother.
- Acer Aspire 3 weighs at just 1.9 kg which makes it easier for you to carry around and work on your lap.
- Acer Aspire 3 features specially designed Precision Touchpad which works very accurately and smoothly which makes it one of the best video editing laptops under 40000.
- Lack of USB-C port is a drawback for those who have a USB-C device. All other ports like USB 3.1, USB 2.0 and HDMI are available on Acer Aspire 3.
- The digital stereo speakers on Acer Aspire 3 deliver an average volume output and the listening experience is not the best. Connecting your headphones while gaming would come in handy
Lenovo Ideapad 130 i5 8th gen 8GB RAM
- Lenovo Ideapad 130 features Intel i5 8th Gen processor with 8GB RAM and 2GB NVIDIA MX110 graphics card that makes it decent laptop in the list of best gaming laptop under 40000 with 8GB RAM.
- Intel i5 8th gen processor
- 8GB DDR4 RAM with 1TB HDD storage
- 2GB NVIDIA MX110 graphics card
- 15.6” HD LED-backlit display
- 35WH battery
- 1-year on-site domestic warranty
Lenovo Ideapad 130 is a tough laptop that has a special protective rubber covering on the bottom that makes it endure accidental drops. It is a moderately powerful device with good battery backup but comes with DOS so you would have to install Windows 10 by yourself.
- Intel i5-8250U processor on Lenovo Ideapad 130 helps you work on your presentations, medium video editing tasks and play games at low resolution smoothly. It is a quad-core processor with the cores capable of clocking base speed of 1.6GHz and max speed of 3.4GHz on turbo boost.
- Lenovo Ideapad 130 is a tough and durable budget laptop. It has a special protective finish which guards your laptop against daily scratches, wear and tear. The bottom of the laptop has a special rubber detailing that protects the battery and interior. So Lenovo Ideapad 130 is one of the most durable laptops under 40000.
- Lenovo Ideapad 130 has a 2GB NVIDIA MX110 graphics card which helps you play games like PUBG, CSGO and Modern Warfare on low resolutions. Coupled with 8GB of RAM, Lenovo Ideapad 130 will give you an average gaming experience but you can’t expect to play games on high resolutions on these budget laptops.
- Lenovo Ideapad 130 features stereo speakers optimised with Dolby Audio that can crank up good volumes and average bass. The volume output is particularly among the best in gaming laptops under 40000 while the sound also doesn’t get distorted at full tilt. Lenovo Ideapad 130 also has a built-in microphone for video calls and its performance is also above par.
- The HD 15.6” display on Lenovo Ideapad 130 provides vibrant colours and good colour reproduction. The LED display is nicely backlit and performs decently in outdoor conditions. The Anti Glare technology on Lenovo Ideapad 130 decreases blue light and helps reduce stress on eyes due to working for a long time.
- The keyboard on Lenovo Ideapad 130 looks sturdy and durable. The Island-style keyboard is not backlit so you would have to use the laptops or ambient light for work in dark surroundings. The keys are spacious and the touchpad offers multi-touch support which makes typing on this laptop quite fast.
- Lenovo Ideapad 130 comes with DOS operating system. So, you would have to purchase a Windows 10 CD yourself and install it for proper use. Having DOS in a budget laptop at this price which gives good enough graphics, 8GB RAM and speakers is still a good deal because you can easily install Windows 10 by yourself.
- Lenovo Ideapad 130 weighs at 2.1 kg which is not the lightest in its range. It doesn’t feel bulky due to its sleek design and you can still carry it as easily as a 1.9kg laptop.
- The display lacks some sharpness because of the HD 1366×768 resolution. All the other laptops in this list feature a Full HD display so Lenovo Ideapad 130 lags behind here.
Asus Vivobook 15 X505ZA
- Asus Vivobook 15 X505ZA is the lightest laptop in this range along with Vivobook 15 X512DA, weighing at just 1.6kg. Its ultra-thin bezels measure at just 7.7mm which gives you an immersive viewing experience with a screen-to-body ratio of 81%.
- AMD Ryzen 5 2500U quad-core processor
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 1TB HDD storage
- 2GB AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics card
- Fast Charging support
- Battery backup up to 4 hours on moderate usage
- 15.6” FHD Display
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
Asus Vivobook 15 X505ZA is a lightweight, sleek and powerful performer among budget laptops for students under 40000. AMD Ryzen 5 2500U processor coupled with the powerful AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics card gives a seamless multitasking experience. Asus Vivobook 15 X505ZA is an allrounder with a vibrant display, good battery backup, above par processor and fast charging support. Perhaps the VGA webcam is the only drawback of this beautiful Vivobook.
- AMD Ryzen 5 2500U processor on Asus Vivobook 15 X505ZA can clock base speeds up to 2.0 GHz and max speeds of 3.6 GHz which makes it one of the best laptops for gaming under 40000. You can perform multitasking on Asus Vivobook 15 X505ZA better than other laptops on this list.
- Asus Vivobook 15 X505ZA is lightweight, compact and slim at the same time. The thin bezels give the Asus Vivobook 15 X505ZA a thin 18:9mm profile which makes the display very immersive and classy. If you want a sleek, sophisticated-looking laptop, Asus Vivobook 15 X505ZA is the right choice.
- Asus Vivobook 15 X505ZA has 2GB of AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics card which performs better than most laptops in this list. With this graphics card, you can play games like PUBG on around 51 fps on a low resolution which is the most you can expect in this range. 8GB RAM on Asus Vivobook 15 X505ZA helps to load apps faster and also helps the laptop perform smoothly in video editing and day-to-day tasks giving a lag-free experience. Overall, the gaming experience was average on this laptop. Call of Duty played quite smoothly but when we played CSGO, we could sense a lot of stuttering and frame drops. It is recommended to lower graphics resolution and increase the frame rate for a better gaming experience on Asus Vivobook 15 X505ZA.
- The chiclet keyboard on Asus Vivobook 15 X505ZA gives you ample space for typing and reduces mistakes due to the capacitive keys. There’s no num pad which increases the size of normal keys and the large trackpad is very responsive and smooth. The multi gestures also work really well on Asus Vivobook 15 X505ZA and the only real problem here is that the keyboard is not backlit, so you would have to use ambient light and cannot work easily at night.
- Asus SonicMaster technology on Asus Vivobook 15 X505ZA gives you clear sound with commendable loud volume output. The laptop can double up as your bedside music player and you will definitely be delighted with the quality of sound.
- Fast charging feature on Asus Vivobook 15 X505ZA helps you charge it from 0 to 60% in just 49 minutes. This is particularly a great feature since the battery backup is quite average. The battery lasts for just 4 hours on moderate usage.
- The viewing angles on Asus Vivobook 15 X505ZA aren’t good enough and the images start to dull a bit from a 70-80 degree angle. It’s difficult to watch what’s on the screen sideways. But it looks fine if you keep the laptop on your front and the colours are well reproduced.
- The VGA webcam on Asus Vivobook 15 X505ZA is truly below average. The clarity of webcam is compromised for other features. But we use the webcam only sparingly and looking at the best-in-line features of Asus Vivobook 15 X505ZA, it looks a fine deal.
Lenovo Ideapad 330 AMD Ryzen 5
- Lenovo Ideapad 330 features a PC ABS finish that protects it from daily wear and tear, thus keeping the laptop clean for longer durations. The Rapid Charge feature on Lenovo Ideapad 330 charges it for a battery backup of 2 hours in just 15 minutes.
- AMD Ryzen 5-2500U processor
- 8GB DDR4 RAM with 1TB HDD storage
- 15.6” HD Display
- Rapid Charge support
- 32WH battery
- 2GB AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics
- 1-year on-site warranty
- AMD Ryzen 5-2500 U processor on Lenovo Ideapad 330 clocks base speed of 2.0GHz with max speeds of 3.9GHz and works like a charm and lets you handle the day-to-day tasks with ease. The processor coupled with 8GB DRR4 RAM helps you work on your apps and play moderately demanding games seamlessly.
- The 15.6” display on Lenovo Ideapad 330 is anti-glare and reduces the blue light that causes stress on your eyes. You don’t feel fatigued while working for long on Lenovo Ideapad 330 due to anti-glare display.
- Dolby Audio system presents stereo audio that thumps loud and crisp bass and sound. You can keep the Lenovo Ideapad 330 as your bedroom speaker and it can work for small house parties.
- The protective ABS finish on Lenovo Ideapad 330 helps it resist normal wear tear. The rubber detailing on Lenovo Ideapad 330’s bottom helps its interiors and the whole laptop remain safe from accidental drops. Overall Lenovo Ideapad 330 is one of the best durable laptops under 40000.
- 2GB AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics card helps Lenovo Ideapad 330 run PUBG, Rust and CSGO better than most of its contemporaries. PUBG and CSGO can be played with minor frame drops on low graphics on this laptop while you can also seamlessly access Avid and Premiere Pro.
- The 180-degree hinge helps you tilt the keyboard all the way down and still prevent it from any sort of damage. The screen and keyboard can be kept at 180 degrees which is a testimony to its flexibility.
- HD display on Lenovo Ideapad 330 lacks sharpness present in best laptops with 8GB RAM under 40000 which are mostly Full HD.
- The battery backup of Lenovo Ideapad 330 is less than 3 hours on moderate usage so you would need a charger and a port while gaming heavily on this laptop.
- The 0.3MP VGA Camera is useless on Lenovo Ideapad 330 and could have been better for video calls and other uses. But again, we don’t use the webcam much and you have the option of connecting your phone’s camera for video calls. Since Lenovo Ideapad 330 is quite durable, is one of the most inexpensive gaming laptops and incorporates a quality graphics card, it’s only fair to sacrifice on webcam picture quality.
Asus VivoBook X507UB
- The Asus VivoBook weighs only 1.68 Kgs which is very impressive considering the hardware. This makes it one of the lightest laptops amongst the best laptops under 40000 for gaming.
- Intel Core i3 6006U Processor and MX110 GPU
- 15.6″ FHD Display
- 8 GB RAM and 1 TB Storage HDD
- 33 Wh Battery
The Asus VivoBook X507UB is an impressive device for its price but it misses out on quite a lot. Read further for a detailed analysis of its pros and cons.
- The Display on the X507UB is very impressive and delivers a solid viewing experience and ample viewing angles. There is no overly bright image and the display panel is not too reflective to cause irritation.
- The MX110 GPU is not too good but it is enough for lower end gaming and less demanding ESport Titles. This GPU is a great budget addition to a laptop and can handle older games with ease.
- The audio output of the Asus X507UB is also very good, it is placed on the bottom but still feels like its blasting and loud. So props to Asus for great audio drivers.
- The integrated GPU is on the i3 60006U is enough to handle daily tasks and the processor itself is very capable in its own segment. The i3 is a great budget driver and you will not have many complaints.
- The battery life is very poor and the laptop manages to squeeze through about 3 hours. This is essentially unfit for gaming if there is no wall adapter near you.
- The Keyboard has a full-size layout but smaller keys make it difficult to write comfortably. The numeric keys are especially smaller and cause a hindrance.
This budget gaming laptop is available at around 40000 on top eco-commerce sites.
HP 15 BS145TU
- The HP 15 BS145TU has the longest battery life in our list of best laptops under 40000 with a graphics card. This makes it a worthy entry in our list.
- i5 8250U Processor and Intel Hd 620 GPU
- 15.6″ FHD Display
- 8 GB RAM and 1 TB Storage HDD
- 41 W 4 Cell Battery
The HP 15 misses out on a dedicated GPU but makes up for it in terms of battery life and overall performance. Read our full pros and cons of the HP 15 BS145TU.
- The HP BS145TU has a 4 Cell 41 W battery that lasts for over 10 hours on mixed usage. This is extremely impressive and can be very helpful during long playing hours.
- The HD620 is not a top-tier Integrated GPU but it delivers blazing fast day to day performance and decent low setting gaming experience.
- Display quality is decent and acceptably good. The FHD panel is mildly reflective but still, there are no issues in the viewing experience.
- The HP BS145TU is very light considering the hardware and battery. The 1.86 Kg heft is not felt at all and is very suitable for commuters and travellers.
- The HD620 is limited to a low spectrum of games that means it is not worth much as a modern gaming machine. Though it can handle gaming at some level it is not a suitable choice for higher-end titles.
- The I/O options are very limited and like other brands, it does not have a Type-C port and extra 3.1 ports. Additional ports are always welcomed and should be added as a priority by brands.
This laptop is available at around 40000 on top eco-commerce sites.
Dell Inspiron 15 3567
- The Inspiron 3567 features a 2 TB HDD which is the highest we have seen so far in our list of best gaming laptops under 40000 Rs in India.
- i3 6006U Processor and HD520 GPU
- 15.6″ FHD Display
- 8 GB RAM and 2 TB Storage HDD
- 40 Wh battery
The Dell Inspiron 3567 is a great laptop but not so strong at gaming. The storage is larger which is good and the display is decent. Read our pros and cons of it to know more.
- The 2 TB Storage is great as this can make the laptop a storage and backup place for all your data and this larger storage drive is helpful during boot load division too.
- The battery is decent and will last over 5 hours on a single charge. The mechanism is similar to the HP 15 but the wattage is a little low that’s why it won’t last as long the HP 15 but still, 5+ Hours is impressive in its own.
- The Display is also decent and offers great viewing angles. The panel is an anti-glare one so you will have some ease while viewing it under the sun.
- The keyboard is very spaced out and full sized. The keystrokes are felt and are very responsive with good feedback. The arrow cursors are a bit small but that’s acceptable.
- The HD520 GPU is the least performing GPU of all in our list. The 3567 made it to the list due to its higher storage and decent battery life. In itself, the gaming performance is not adequate for modern games.
- The body is very heavy at 2.5 Kg and even then the build quality is average. The flap is flexible and swivels a lot. The material feels cheap and fragile. Dell should have worked on this since the first entries came in but they ignored it.
This budget student laptop is available at around 40000 on top eco-commerce sites.
So this was our list of Top 8 Best Gaming Laptops Under 40000 in India.
How much do you like the post “Best Gaming Laptops to buy below Rs 40000 2020”?
We hope You would find our post helpful, either Yes or No, share your thought in the comment box as we love your comment. Also, be in touch to firstly know about our next upcoming post-
Also, If we have missed a favorite resource of yours, please add it below in the comments. We love looking up new avenues of inspiration from you.
And Don’t forget to share the topic ‘Top 8 best gaming laptops under 40000 in India′ on social networking site because this might be helpful to other.