Best Rucksacks in India for Travelling
Whenever you plan trekking, camping, adventure trip or even a trip to the beaches with your friends, you start thinking about what things you would take with you. For camping and trekking lovers, there’s some particular utility stuff like camping equipment, mat etc. that people carry in their bags, so you would want to have the best rucksack brands for trekking. But during trekking in the mountains, you don’t want your bag to be a burden on the steep treks.
You have to keep all the necessary things with you. So it becomes difficult to choose the right rucksack for your travel, so you want to have the best backpack for travelling. You want your rucksack to be durable enough and it should also have nicely divided compartments. Comfort is also a key feature of the perfect rucksack because trekking is a tedious hobby.
Choosing a rucksack keeping these many features gets difficult at a time when there are so many options available on the internet, so you wish you could choose the best rucksack available online. So we have a complete guide and list sorted for you to help you in buying the right rucksack for your trip.
Things to keep in mind before buying a rucksack bag
- Choose the size that suits you – Rucksacks are available in many sizes ranging from 32L to more than 80L. So how will you decide which rucksack should you really buy? It depends on the number of days and the kind of stuff you have to carry. For 5-day trekking, camping or hiking trip, you would take clothes, utility stuff like laptops, camera, tripod, towels, shaving kit etc. and camping equipment, sleeping bag, tent and mat. A 40-50L backpack would be ideal for such a trip. Similarly, a 50-60L backpack would be ideal from a trip up to 10 days. For longer trips around 15 days, you would need to buy a rucksack of around 75-90 L capacity.
- Choose the rucksack that is comfortable – Trekking and hiking on mountains is a tedious task and required a lot of strength and stamina. You don’t want your rucksack to he hanging down pulling you backwards. So it’s better to choose a rucksack that has adjustable shoulder straps, waist straps and chest straps. By this, you can adjust your rucksack to be balanced while walking and fit you nicely. Moreover, you should check out for additional padding on the back and shoulder straps for a comfortable experience.
- Look out for additional features – While choosing a rucksack, you should always look for one made up of water-resistant material and preferably including a rain cover. Since it rains without warning in the mountains, it’s safe to have a rucksack that is water-resistant or has a rain cover to save water from seeping into your expensive camera, laptop etc. The rucksack should also have separate compartments for clothing, laptop, small accessories and shoes or camping mat. This helps you keep your stuff organised. Also, check out for the warranty because of the rucksack may not be as durable as the company claims. So you can get it replaced if it gets damaged after just one trip or under the warranty period.
But we have you sorted by making a list of the best rucksacks available in India keeping in mind all your needs, your budget and comfort. Here is the complete list of the best options of rucksacks available online in India at the best prices.
7 Best Rucksacks in India for Travelling
Wildcraft 45 Ltrs Grey and Orange Rucksack
- Wildcraft is a recognised name in premium quality bags and Wildcraft 45 L rucksack is the very stylish and comfortable bag for trekking and long journeys. The rucksack is water-resistant which is very important if you’re travelling and rain strikes instantly.
- You can adjust shoulder height and depth on Wildcraft rucksack using the adjusters provided. This feature makes Wildcraft rucksack a perfect fit for all kinds of people. Also, when you adjust the height and depth to suit your body, it reduces strain on shoulders and gets easier to trek long distances.
- Wildcraft rucksack is lightweight and durable. It is made up of Robic fabric which has a featherweight but is, in fact, a very tough material.
- Nylon outer material makes Wildcraft Rucksack water-resistant. You can keep your laptop and other gadgets inside without worries while travelling. There’s a separate laptop pocket inside the bag that has padding that saved the laptop from shocks and damage even when the rucksack bag falls.
- The bag opens from the top by drawing the string attached to it. It makes access to the bag quick and smooth while you can accommodate the maximum stuff from the top. Measuring at 56.8cms x 33.6 cms x 5.4 cms (LxWxH), Wildcraft rucksack has ample space for hiking and trekking trips. You can easily keep a mat, camping equipment etc. for adventure trips.
- The shoulder loop of Wildcraft rucksack is strengthened and tough. So, you can easily carry a lot of stuff like gadgets, accessories etc. without worrying about tearing the shoulder loop. Wildcraft Rucksack is thus, very durable.
- Wildcraft Rucksack with a commendable 5-year warranty! So in case of any damages due to weight or any manufacturing defects, you can get your rucksack replaced up to 5 years. That is a great deal looking at the economical price of this bag.
- Only 2 compartments are available in the Wildcraft Rucksack. There is no separate shoe compartment so you have to use the common one.
Fastrack 50Ltrs Grey Rucksack
- Fastrack Rucksack is an elegant, handy as well as durable rucksack bag suited especially for treks up 4-5 days and other travelling purposes. Apart from the string-based opening from the top, this bag also has a front zipper which helps you access to items that you kept at the bottom. It’s a very intelligently designed rucksack.
- The body and lining of Fastrack rucksack are made up of polyester. Hence, it’s lightweight as well as durable. It’s important for your Rucksack to be lightweight as trekking isn’t an easy task and if the bag is heavy, it gets even difficult. A Fastrack Rucksack is a good option in this regard.
- Fastrack Rucksack is one of the Best Rucksack bags for trekking in India as its material is water-resistant. This helps in times of getting stuck in rains on mountains and places where there is no shelter.
- The 50L capacity of Fastrack Rucksack is enough for trekking and camping up to 4-5 days. You can easily carry your tent, sleeping bag, camera etc. In this bag measuring 27.9×57.2×27.9 cm (WxHxD). It weighs 1.3 kg which is decent for a medium-sized rucksack.
- Shoulder loops of Fastrack Rucksack are foam-padded which reduces stress on your shoulder while carrying your luggage. It’s quite comfortable and handy during tedious hiking. There are an extra Waist strap and a Sternum strap which tightens the grip at your chest. All these utility straps make your body still and upright during trekking, which saves from getting tired. There’s a zipper pocket at the Waist strap for keeping little things like lighter, toothbrush etc.
- Fastrack Rucksack comes with a 1-year warranty which gives you extra assurance of its durability and strength.
- The Top opening of this rucksack is tightened by threads, so there’s no way you can lock this bag. If you don’t want to keep valuable items during trekking, this bag can be a good option looking at the other features and price.
- Only one major compartment along with a laptop compartment. This makes this bag suitable for one person. But again, everyone has a separate bag while trekking or hiking in a group.
Tripole Colonel 80L Rucksack
- Tripole Colonel rucksack is a multi-utility rucksack bag that has many useful features. With a detachable small bag pack at the front, it gives you essentially 2 bags in 1. The bigger rucksack can be used to keep all your belongings for your hiking or trekking trips while the smaller bag attached can be used in the day. All this makes it one of the best rucksack bags in India.
- Tripole Colonel has 8 utility straps which you can use to attach sleeping bags, raincoats, mat and camping equipment. Even the smaller day bag attached has thin ropes that can be used to attach windcheaters and other utility items. You can use them instantly without opening your bag. That makes it one of the best backpacks for travelling.
- Tripole Colonel has a whopping 80L of space in which you can keep adequate clothing for up to 15 days of hiking and adventure trips. This backpack is specially made for long trips or keeping 2 or more people’s luggage.
- Tripole Colonel is really durable. It has the plastic base pads and double-layered fabric at the bottom, so you can use it very roughly. During hiking and trekking trips, people tend to use the bag roughly and Tripole Colonel is ideal for them. The backpack also has a metal rod for extra support.
- There’s a rain cover included with this rucksack that helps keep your electronic items safe during heavy rains. Tripole rucksack is itself stitched with highly rated 1200D water repellent polyester material that ensures water doesn’t seep into your bag. Overall, this is one of the best waterproof rucksack available online.
- Tripole Colonel has a comfortable cushioning at the back which gives you a comfortable trekking experience. Extra waist straps keep your body posture correct and save you from getting tired easily during hiking and trekking. You can also adjust the waist strap as per your body size, so it’s a universal backpack that can be used by all family members.
- Additionally, there is a detachable compartment on the bottom of this backpack to keep utility items like shaving kits, charger etc. This is definitely one of the best rucksacks available online.
- Tripole Colonel comes with a 1-year warranty that covers any wear and tears that happens during regular usage. You also have an additional 2-year warranty for any damage to fittings.
- There are no visible cons in this product.
Skybag 50L Sonic Rucksack
- Skybag Sonic is one of the most comfortable rucksacks available online. It has 6mm padding on base, 8mm padding on the handle at the top, 10mm padding on the back as well as 12mm padding at the back. This makes it very comfortable to carry around even after packing it with heavy stuff.
- Skybag Sonic offers a top-loading rucksack which has a lot of space for trekking up to a week. The ergonomic design looks very attractive and it has a top zipper for easy access to your clothes and other stuff. You can pack your rucksack up to the top and then easily use the zip to access your stuff. Additionally, there is a small pocket on the top to keep smaller items like charger, lighter, face wash etc.
- Since the Skybag Sonic is well padded, you don’t feel a lot of weight even after completely stuffing the items up to 45L. You can keep your camping equipment and a tent and still walk around easily.
- There’s a special mat holder that would help you access your camping mat quite easily. There’s also an additional thumb loop that makes it easier to wear it during long-distance trekking.
- There’s a separate laptop compartment on the back which is well padded. You can be assured your laptop will remain free from damage even after you drop this rucksack accidentally. The waist straps on this rucksack are also adjustable to fit in all body types which makes it one of the best rucksacks available online.
- A rain cover is also included with Skybag Sonic rucksack through which you can save water from seeping into your belongings during heavy rains. Skybag Sonic is thus, one of the best waterproof backpacks available in India.
- The body of this backpack is made up of Nylon which isn’t water-resistant. As soon as it starts raining, we recommend you to keep your rucksack in the additional rain cover provided for the safety of your laptop and other stuff.
Nivia Ascendo Waterproof Rucksack
- Nivia Ascendo is an ideal rucksack for camping and trekking lovers. It has 4 compartments that help keep all your camping material, shoes, clothes and utility stuff separately. With the perfect division of compartments, Nivia Ascendo is one of the best travelling backpacks.
- Nivia Ascendo has heavy padding on the back which makes it feel very comfortable even after carrying heavy loads up to 55L. It also has a metal rod incorporated on the back which helps you keep your balance, corrects your body posture and gives you an ideal trekking experience.
- Curved shoulder straps on Nivia Ascendo are also nicely padded and give you a comfortable walking experience. There’s a load adjuster in the shoulder strap which you can use to adjust it in a way it suits you the best. The sternum strap on the chest helps the shoulder straps stay intact which further betters your balance during steep trekking and hiking.
- Nivia Ascendo also has a waist strap around the hips which can be adjusted to distribute the weight evenly.
- Nivia Ascendo has a whopping 55L of storage space available that is admirably divided into useful compartments. You can easily pack adequate luggage for up to days of trekking in this rucksack. It has a separate shoe compartment on the bottom, laptop pocket, a bigger common compartment and a space to keep your camping mat. It also has zippered pockets on the front and top to keep utility items like toothbrush, charger, face wash etc. for easy access.
- Nivia Ascendo is made up of premium quality, waterproof polyester material which makes it one of the best waterproof backpacks available.
- You get a 1-year warranty with Nivia Ascendo. So you can get it replaced if it gets torn or damaged after regular usage.
- An extra rain cover is not available with this item. Looking at the spectacular features and durability of this bag, it is nonetheless a good option to buy Nivia Ascendo.
F Gear Orion Polyester 46 L Rucksack
- F Gear Orion rucksack is a medium-sized rucksack that has a lot of stylishly designed pockets, that makes it ideal for smaller trekking trips, camping trips and even for regular usage. It is very lightweight and perfectly suitable for both men and women.
- F Gear Orion rucksack is designed very differently from other rucksacks. It has only zippered pockets moving away from the top-opening design of rucksacks. It is lightweight, stylish and safe to say easiest to carry in this list. It is a multi-utility offering and looks good even for regular day-to-day usage due to its medium size and stylish design.
- F Gear Orion has 46L of storage space that is divided into 2 major compartments and 2 additional pockets. You can easily carry your camping equipment, mat, clothes and other travelling stuff for a trip up to 5 days in this rucksack. It has a padded laptop compartment for your laptop’s safety and 2 additional water bottle pockets.
- F Gear Orion is quite comfortable with well-cushioned back and padded shoulder straps. There’s an additional chest strap that helps you keep the shoulders straps intact and maintain balance during trekking. The adjustable hip belt further helps you carry heavy luggage quite easily.
- There are many smaller pockets on the front of this bag to quickly access smaller utility items. Further, there is an organizer in the smaller compartment to keep your stuff neatly. This is one of the best backpacks for travelling for people who want to keep their things organized and separated.
- F Gear Orion is built of good quality water-resistant polyester that saves your belongings from water during rains. This is particularly good for people who trek because rain can arrive anytime on the mountain and safety of your laptop, mobile, charger etc. Becomes an issue. This is one of the best waterproof rucksacks available online.
- F Gear Orion comes with a 1-year warranty by which you can get it replaced if it damages through regular usage.
- There’s no separate rain cover included with this rucksack. But the presence of water-resistant material on the backpack is still enough to protect your rucksack from short term rain.
- F Gear Orion backpack is recommended for weeks that last less than 5-6 days. This isn’t a huge backpack and is ideal for shorter trips and can be used by one person.
Polestar Rocky Pro 60L Rucksack
- Polestar Rocky is a large-sized rucksack that looks very stylish and has all the utility requirements of the best rucksack for travelling. It has a separate rain cover that ensures the safety of your belongings during rains. It also has many smartly organised pockets that help you separate bigger and smaller accessories nicely.
- Polestar Rocky is a lightweight and stylish rucksack which is ideal for both men and women. And the price of Polestar Rocky is the lowest among the best rucksacks available online. This one is especially for the college-going backpackers who love to travel but are low on budget.
- Polestar Rocky rucksack has a top-zippered design which makes it safe for travelling on buses during trips. You can lock your rucksack during sleeping at night using the zips.
- The shoulder loops on Polestar Rocky are comfortably padded and the strap can be adjusted for both men and women. It also has a chest strap to maintain good posture during trekking. There’s breathable mesh used on the shoulder straps and back which makes the rucksack breathable. This helps in reducing sweat and heat during long sessions of trekking.
- There are a big compartment and a smaller compartment in Polestar rucksack. There is a zippered laptop sleeve in the bigger compartment which is additionally cushioned to keep your laptop safe from accidental drops. There’s a compartment at the bottom for towels, socks and other stuff which can be accessed from the front while you also get a pocket in the waistband to keep your mobile during trekking and hiking. Polestar Rocky is thus, one of the best rucksacks for travelling.
- Polestar Rocky is made up of durable and water-resistant polyester material that can save your belongings from light rain. Additionally, you also get a separate rain cover in a small pocket at the bottom. In case of heavy rains, put on the rain cover on your rucksack and save your belongings from heavy rains.
- Polestar Rocky doesn’t come with any warranty. But it is a very attractive, durable and useful trekking bag that has a lot of features at such a low price. So those who want a low budget rucksack that has all the necessary features and is built well can definitely opt for this one.
Also, If you are looking for other high-quality Tech reviews or list of best gadgets then google it like “best phones under 10000 topbestof” or “best earphones under 1000 topbestof”, “Realme 3i topbestof” or in general “what you want + topbestof”.