Best Room Heater in India for Winter
Winters are coming and if you live in any of the regions in North India, you would know how chilly it gets. You can wear warm clothes, jackets, socks, scarves etc. when going outside but it feels relaxing in a t-shirt at home. But when the temperature is below 10 degrees Celsius, it’s hard to keep home warm. That’s when the room heaters play an important role.
Be it, aged people who suffer from joint pain or younger people who like to wear fewer clothes at home, a room heater makes it all possible. Choosing a perfect room heater looking at the dimensions of your room and your requirements though, can be a tedious task but we have a complete guide to have your heater needs to be sorted.
Planning to Buy Mattress– 7 Best Mattresses in India
Types of heaters available in India
There are mainly three kinds of room heaters available in India which you should know before choosing a room heater suitable for you.
- Fan Heaters- These heaters heat up a closed room significantly faster than other room heaters. The fan spread the heat generated from the heating element throughout the room quickly. They are a little noisy but can be used solely as a table fan in summers.
- Infrared/Quartz heaters- These heaters operate on radiation mechanism and spread the heat through radiations from a heating element. The heating filament is usually incorporated in a quartz tube which also resists heat. They are silent in nature but dry the air around. They can also be dangerous when your children are around, so it’s recommended to keep children away from them.
- Oil-Filled Heaters- These heaters can keep the room heated for a long time and are suitable for even large-sized rooms. They are also energy efficient since electricity is only used to heat the oil inside. Once the oil heats up, the heater spreads the heat evenly throughout the room for a long period of time. Oil-filled heaters are much more expensive than other kinds of room heaters. They also take more time to heat than fan-based heaters but these days, oil-filled heaters have included fans in them.
Since choosing the right kind of heater for your particular room is quite difficult looking at different types, we have enlisted the best room heaters in India here and you can weigh in your options through the detailed descriptions.
7 Best Room Heater in India For Winter
Orpat OEH 1220
- Orpat OEH is a fan-based heater that is ideal to heat a small room measuring up to 250 sq ft at max settings. It has a regulator that helps you switch between 1000W- 2000W. You can switch between the two modes depending upon the weather and this also helps save electricity as you can switch to 1000W in less cold weather.
- The fan-based Orpat OEH has a plastic body which is safe to touch and doesn’t get heated. So, it saves you from accidental burns from conventional heaters. You can also carry it to the other room because of the cool body which makes it a portable heater.
- Orpat OEH can be used as solely a table fan. You can turn off its heat knob and use it in hotter weather during studies and other purposes.
- There’s a safety mesh grill attached above the heating element to ensure prevention from accidents. This makes it one of the safest room heaters in India.
- The element of Orpat OEH has a thermal cutoff feature. A thermal cutoff turns off the heating element time-to-time even at high temperature and maintains the temperature; and heat intensity for a long period of time. This makes Orpat OEH ideal for sleeping through the night. There’s also a safety cutout that turns off the heater during overheating.
- The heating element in Orpat OEH is of stitching type and doesn’t sag. This makes it one of the best durable room heaters available online.
- Orpat OEH comes with a 1-year warranty from any manufacturing defects as well as defects from regular usage on element or wire.
- The fan makes audible noise which may act as a disturbance some times.
- You would need a 5-15A converter to plug the heater in your 5A regular sockets since the heater’s plug is of 15A capacity. You can also use an extension cord for this purpose.
- Havells Calido is a fan-based heater made up of plastic that weighs around 3 kgs. It comes with a thermostat that helps to regulate temperature and saves electricity by cutting off electricity when the element heats up to a limit.
- Havells Calido is made up of premium quality plastic that acts as an insulator, so you can carry it around easily. The build quality of Havells Calido is tough and plastic is corrosion-free and lightweight. The heater weighs at just 2.78 kg making it easy to carry too.
- The design of Havells Calido is visually appealing and very stylish. It’s one of the most stylish heaters available in India.
- There’s a red indicator light on the heater which helps you know whether the heater is turned on or off.
- The cooling fan in Havells Calido heats up the air around the heater and spreads the heat throughout the room easily. The fan can be used separately as a table fan during summers. Thus, Havells Calido is a multipurpose heater. The thermostat on this heater helps it become one of the most efficient heaters in India.
- There’s a special swing option on the heater which helps transfer the heat faster. It also helps cater to 2 or more people in the room. Havells Calido is ideal for a medium-sized room.
- Havells Calido has an AC power plug incorporated which helps you easily plug into your regular AC sockets using a 16A converter.
- Havells Calido comes with a 1-year warranty for damage on the heating element, wire or any other damage from regular usage except breakages.
- No visible cons in this product.
Havells OFR 9 Fin
- Havells OFR is an Oil filled radiator cum PTC fan heater which makes it a very efficient as well as a safe heater. The oil-filled mechanism in Havells OFR uses electricity to heat up the oil to a certain temperature which then radiates the heat into the atmosphere, the fan included in Havells OFR then heats up the whole room.
- Havells OFR has a 2000W max energy consumption and includes a thermostat to regulate the heat intensity you want. If you need the room to heat faster, you should select max settings. After your room heats up as desired, you can decrease the power settings which is available in 3 different levels from 1000W to 2000W.
- Havells OFR has special auto-cut feature upon overheating. This prevents damage to the device due to overheating and helps increase the durability of the heater. This is one of the best oil-based heaters available online.
- Havells OFR is made up of premium quality plastic body and looks very stylish. It has a one of a kind design and classy colour which suits most household decors. The plastic body is also ideal for use around children who are likely to touch the surface of the heater.
- Havells OFR has wheels that make it easier to move it from one room to another even for a child.
- Havells OFR keeps the room hot for a long period of time and is ideal for even larger rooms. Moreover, it does not burn oxygen thus preventing suffocation or dryness in the room caused by blower-type or fan-based heaters.
- Havells OFR has a good quality power cord which can easily be coiled and packed on the front of the heater.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty which helps you replace it on damage through regular usage.
- Havells OFR is much more expensive than fan-based heaters. It is much more efficient and has a fan for quick transfer of heat, so it’s a fair deal.
Usha 423N Heat Convector
- Usha 423N is a fan-based room heater that has many utility features packed inside it. Usha 423N has a height adjuster incorporated which makes it more versatile. You can keep it in a suitable position and adjust it in your own direction. So, it’s the best heater for bedroom.
- Usha 423N is made especially for spot heating for small rooms around 150 sq ft. It transfers heat very quickly and has 2 different fan speeds. You can keep the speed at maximum settings for instant transfer of heat while you can lower speeds when the room becomes hotter.
- Usha 423N has a side-air inlet vent which makes it take in cool air and blow out hot air through the fan. This makes heating faster than other fan-based heaters which have a singular outlet vent. The fan can also be used separately during summers.
- Usha 423N has a safety thermal cut out feature which turns off the heater when the element heats up to a certain limit. This prevents it from overheating and also saves electricity.
- There are 3 power settings to choose from in Usha 423N. If you require less amount of heat, you can select the lowest setting i.e. 665W. The medium setting is 1330W and it can use up to 2000W power at maximum settings. Decreasing the power as per need helps attain a comfortable temperature and save electricity.
- Special night light indicator displays if the heater is turned on or off. Having an indicator LED help at night when light is switched off.
- Usha 423N is lightweight and easy to carry. It has a handle included on the top for easy portability.
- Usha 423N is ISI marked and comes with a 1-year warranty against any manufacturing defects or damage to the heating element or fan.
- It is not suitable for medium to large rooms. It quickly heats up smaller rooms which help old people who need instant heat during winters.
Bajaj Flashy 1000W
- Bajaj Flashy is an Infrared room heater that is very economical and consumes less electricity. Bajaj Flashy heats the room quickly and you feel very comfortable inside 10 minutes during chilly winters.
- Bajaj Flashy is very lightweight weighing at just 1.49 kg. Hence it’s easy to carry and anyone can move it around the house easily. It also has a plastic handle for easy mobility.
- Bajaj Flashy has a maximum power consumption of 1000W but it still instantly heats a small room. Since it takes only 1000W consumption to heat a small room, it’s very efficient and saves electricity.
- Bajaj Flashy doesn’t emit any noise as compared to fan-based heaters. It’s silent during operation and is good for the night time. So you would easily sleep in comfortable temperature using this heater.
- Bajaj Flashy has a good quality nickel chrome plated mesh grid which doesn’t rust easily. This makes Bajaj Flashy one of the best room heaters under 2000.
- Bajaj Flashy has a cotton braided 1.5m cord which makes it easier to connect to your room sockets. The cotton braided cord is also durable and doesn’t get burnt easily due to excessive heating.
- Bajaj Flashy has a 2-year warranty which is more than most of the room heaters available in India. Bajaj Flashy becomes one of the best heaters under 1500 since it also has a long warranty.
- Bajaj Flashy doesn’t heat a medium to a large room. It burns oxygen and dries the air around you, so it’s recommended to open up the windows when it’s turned on.
Oreva Element heater
- Oreva Element is one of the best room heater blowers in India as it is very lightweight weighing at just 1.25kg. It has two power consumption settings of 1000W and 2000W for different weather requirements.
- Oreva Element has a stitched type element that is made up of good quality material. It’s non-sagging and very durable.
- Oreva Element has a variable thermostat setting that helps change the heat intensity as per requirement. This makes Oreva Element efficient and one of the best room heaters under 1500.
- Oreva Element has a special thermal cut-off feature that cuts down current when the heater heats up to a certain limit and prevents it from overheating. This would make Oreva Element more durable and one of the best room heater blowers in India.
- Oreva Element has a cool touch plastic body that is child-friendly. You can also carry it easily without the danger of getting burnt due to the body’s heat.
- Oreva Element comes with a 1-year warranty for manufacturing defects.
- Oreva Element is good only for rooms up to 200 sq ft. It’s ideal for your bedroom and people usually use heaters in the bedroom only. Oreva Element is one of the best heaters for the bedroom.
Morphy Richard 9 Fin
- Morphy Richards 9 Fin is the best oil filled room heater in India as it caters to a large room and heats the whole room equally through the powerful blower fan incorporated.
- Morphy Richard 9 Fin has a special mounting plate to mount the heater on the wall. This makes it very portable and you can adjust it as suited to your own room.
- Morphy Richards 9 Fin has an oil-filled radiator that doesn’t burn oxygen to heat the air around. It heats the oil and radiates the heat which is spread around the room through the fan. Morphy Richards 9 Fin is one of the best oil heaters in India. You also don’t feel the dryness due to the heater in your room.
- 9 thin fins in Morphy Richards heater help radiate the heat faster than regular oil-filled heaters. Oil-filled heaters usually take 30-40 minutes to heat a room but Morphy Richards 9 Fin takes only around 20 minutes.
- Morphy Richards 9 Fin heats the room for a long period of time efficiently. It has power consumption up to 2400W but has three options to switch the power consumption from 1000W to 2400W. You can lower the power settings when the room is warm enough.
- Morphy Richards 9 Fin has special castor wheels that help in mobility of the otherwise heavyweight heater. You can easily shift this heater from one room to another using these wheels.
- Morphy Richards 9 Fin has 2 years of warranty which assures you that Morphy Richards products are reliable and durable. In the case of defects, you can get it replaced through on-site warranty
- Morphy Richards 9 Fin is quite heavy in weight. The problem of mobility is solved through the castor wheels present in this heater.
Also, If you are looking for other high-quality Tech reviews or list of best gadgets then google it like “best phones under 10000 topbestof” or “best earphones under 1000 topbestof”, “Realme 3 Pro topbestof” or in general “what you want + topbestof”.