Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Pros and Cons: Top 14 Solid Reason to buy and Top 4 Reason to not buy
Samsung’s largest size smartphones are its Note series and as always they are at the flagship level. Recently, after the launch of Samsung-Note 8 in India, its demand among the people are increasing day by day.
Keeping demand in the mind, so today we will discuss on it. Starting with the Note 8 price in India, features, we will also look into the Samsung Galaxy-Note 8‘s pros & cons.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Price in India and Availability
Samsung Note 8 is new Note from the Samsung and it comes with a price tag of Rs 67,000. It is available for sale via Amazon and Samsung Retailer.
Buy Now from and Samsung
Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Highlights-
- S-Pen with better functionality.
- First phone from Samsung to have a Dual rear camera with Dual OIS.
- Infinity Display.
- Wireless Charging.
- Unlock your phone with the Iris Scanner and face recognition.
Check out other Pics of the Samsung Galaxy-Note 8
Let’s head towards the Samsung Galaxy Note 8’s review with Pros & Cons.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Pros
Let’s see those factors/features which come under Samsung Galaxy Note 8’s pros or what do we like in it. So here are the pros of the Galaxy Note 8-
- Despite its bigger size, it was easier and better to hold than Samsung S8 Plus.
- First phone from Samsung to have a Dual rear camera. Also, both the camera are equipped with Dual OIS.
- The picture quality in the outdoor lighting is much appreciated and it focuses really very fast. All the shots either in the Landscape or macros, all are highly detailed. The colour production was balanced. Also in low-light, the colour accuracy and detail was great. The focusing speed was same as what it was in outdoor condition.
- 8 MP Front camera also gets a f/1.7 aperture so the low light photography experience is very Good.
- Latest 10nm chipset powered by Exynos, 6GB RAM is used. Thus, performance is the new height.
- Very Good Build Quality.
- On Left side, a button is placed for the Bixby. Bixy is really smart but right now Google Assistant is better.
- Sound Experience is enhanced as Sound Grills present at the bottom.
- Super AMOLED Display with the resolution of 1440 x 2960.
- S-Pen is more premium in look and feel wise. Even, it is has a resistive layer that protected it from the Water.
- S-Pen supports 4,096 level of the pressure sensitivity. This helps in making more creative stuff. Thus, it is easier to work with S-pen.
- Easy to work on two apps at once in the split screen mode.
- Sign in to Samsung’s cloud and you will get 15 GB on cloud storage.
- Audio Performance is great from the provided AKG earphones.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Cons
Let’s see those factors/features which come under Samsung Galaxy Note 8’s cons or what do we didn’t like it. So here are the cons of the Galaxy Note 8-
- Hybrid Sim Slot(means at once you can use two sims or one sim + miroSD card). But not to worry, as we have a solution for the Hybrid Sim slot. Also, if your older smartphone is facing same then try this- Use Dual Sim + microSD together, No more Hybrid Sim Slot Problem.
- You will notice slight lag at the resolution of 1440 x 2960 while playing Heavy Games. This not due to the performance but games are not designed for it.
- Slight Lower in the battery as compared to the Samsung S8+. Samsung does so as to manage space for the S-Pen.
- FM radio is missing.
Galaxy Note 8
|Release date||23rd August 2017|
|Dimensions (mm)||162.5 mm × 74.8 mm × 8.6 mm|
|Weight (g)||195 g|
|Battery||Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh Battery|
|Colors||Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Deepsea Blue, Orchid Gray|
|Screen size (inches)||6.3|
|Display Type & Resolution||Quad HD+ Super AMOLED (2960 x 1440)|
|Pixels per inch (PPI)||521|
|Protection to Display||Gorilla Glass 5|
|Operating System||Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)|
|Chipset||Exynos 8895 Octa - Rest part of world, Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 - USA & China|
|CPU||Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz & 4x1.7 GHz) - Rest part of world, Octa-core (4x2.35 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo) - USA & China|
|GPU||Mali-G71 MP20 - Rest part of world, Adreno 540 - USA & China|
|Internal||64/128/256 GB, 6 GB RAM|
|Card Slot, Expandable upto||microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot) - single-SIM model, hybrid slot, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) - dual-SIM model|
|Primary Camera||Dual 12 MP camera with Dual OIS (Optical Image Stabilization), Max optical 2X zoom, Max digital 10X zoom, Live focus, Dual Capture|
|Secondary Camera||8MP with F1.7 aperture, Pixel size: 1.22µm, FOV: 80°|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|GPS & other||Yes, including A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO|
|USB||Type-C 1.0 reversible connector|
|Supports 4G in India (Band 40)||Yes|
|Supports 4G in India (Band 40)||Yes|
|Ambient light sensor||Yes|
|Any Other Sensor||Geomagnetic sensor, RGB light sensor, Iris Scanner, Heart Rate sensor|
So this was the review of Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Advantages & Disadvantages).
Thanks for Visiting & Reading. We are waiting to see you again.