Vivo X21 Pros and Cons- Solid Reasons to Change your Mind
Vivo has always been a camera-centric brand, and their marketing strategy pushes this even more. Most of their smartphones offer great camera performance and no doubt its one of the strong points of the brand. The newly launched Vivo X21 lives up to the company name and delivers what it should. If you have been waiting for a review to better understand the pros and cons of the Vivo X21 then you are here at the perfect time, because will be doing just that.
The Vivo X21 is priced at 35,990 and is in direct competition with the OnePlus 6, Honor 10, Nokia 8 etc. It comes with its own bells and whistles and offers some unique features that make it a good option to consider if you are in the market to buy phones. With some things that disappointed us and some that make it an excellent choice, the Vivo X21 was a mixed bag, read on to find out what we think and then decide for yourself if you want this device or not.
Vivo X21 Pros and Cons(Tap on the Following list to Jump to the Desired section)
- 6.28″ FHD+ Notch Style Display
- Dual Pixel 12MP+5MP rear camera and Dual Pixel 12MP front camera
- 3200 mAh Battery
- Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core Processor
- 6GB RAM and 128GB ROM
- in-Display Fingerprint Sensor
Vivo X21: Pros or Reasons to buy
- The Vivo X21 is the best-looking smartphone in Vivo’s whole lineup. It has an all-aluminum body with a glass back that is color-reflective. The Aluminum is completely black and adds grip to the phone. The curved edges also provide extra grip.
- The FHD+ Resolution display is very bright and beautiful with a 19:9 aspect ratio. The colors are vivid and crisp. The blacks are very deep and look beautiful on a dark theme.
- The AMOLED display panel is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and offers great sunlight readability. The Vivo X21 display is great and can compete with similar phones in its price.
- Vivo X21 is the first phone in the world to use the in-display fingerprint sensor. The fingerprint sensor is placed under the AMOLED screen and is lit up by the display light.
- The in-display fingerprint sensor is fast and opens up the phone in a split second. There is also a Face-Unlock feature that uses infrared rays to recognize your face. We found both the fingerprint sensor and the face-unlock to be very fast and spot-on, with very little retries.
- The dual camera setup on the rear of the X21 performs great in daylight and artificial light. The Dual Pixel sensors capture some greatly detailed pictures with accurate color reproduction. The monochrome 5MP sensor is used for bokeh shots and it identifies and blurs the subject easily in natural lighting conditions.
- The front 12MP shooter also sports a Dual Pixel sensor and can take excellent selfies. The extra pixels add great detail to the photo and we were very impressed by its performance.
- The rear camera can shoot videos in 4K resolution and also has a slow motion feature. The 4K videos are good but you will find yourself recording at 1080p resolution most of the times. Here is a slow-mo video sample by Mtrick Z
- The Snapdragon 660, though a mid-range processor, offers smooth multitasking and heavy tasks are not a problem at all.
- The 6GB of RAM provided is more than enough for modern-day tasks and multitasking. There is 128GB of ROM which is enough on its own but you can expand it up to 256GB if you need, via the Hybrid Slot.
- The 3200 mAh battery easily lasts a day on light to moderate usage, but anything more than that, the phone will run out of charge before evening. We recommend these power banks for heavy users- Top 5 Best Powerbanks under 1500 Rs.
- The Vivo X21 has all the necessary sensors like magnetometer, proximity, ambient light, gyroscope, and accelerometer.
back to menu ↑
Vivo X21: Cons or Reasons not to buy
- The Vivo X21 is priced 35,990 which puts it up against OnePlus 6 and other strong contenders. People will not go for a slower device when they can buy a better smartphone for the same price.
- The Snapdragon 660 is a mid-range processor, and using it in a 35,990 Rs phone is very absurd. It cannot compete with the likes of the Snapdragon 845 or the Kirin 970 both of which are present in smartphones that cost the same as the X21.
- The UI is full of bloatware and factory apps, that cannot be disabled making the phone a big mess. The Icon Pack is also very dull and you will change it soon.
- The camera performs in day-light but falters at night. Even though it has improved performance over the Vivo V9 it still fails to impress at night with shots turning out grainy and dull.
- The port used in the Vivo X21 is a USB 2.0 type, which is obsolete. Every phone these days, even the cheaper budget ones, have a USB-C type port. This makes charging times slower and data transfer also takes more time.
So this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest Vivo X21, read further for our final words on whether or not you should buy this smartphone.back to menu ↑
Final Thoughts on Vivo X21
The Vivo X21 is a great selfie camera phone that takes accurate bokeh shots and highly detailed images in daylight. The battery is also good and the phone does not seem laggy. Overall it would have been a nice device if it wasn’t priced at 35,990 Rs. This price tag is absurd as the phone offer mid-range SD660 Processor, USB-2.0 and poor low-light camera performance, which are acceptable faults in a mid-range device but not in an affordable flagship. If you are ready to compromise performance for great selfies then you should buy the Vivo X21.back to menu ↑
Like the Vivo X21? Buy now!
Vivo X21: Expert Score and User Ratings
- Great Selfie Camera
- Good Daylight Camera Performance
- Fast in-display Fingerprint Sensor
- Beautiful AMOLED FHD+ Display
- Good Battery Life
- Lacks USB-C port
- Lowlight Photos are poor
- Too much bloatware in OS
Vivo X21 [Best Price/Lowest Price Alert]
We hope you like our post “Vivo X21 Pros and Cons” and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.
Also, If you are looking for other high-quality Tech reviews or list of best gadgets then google it like “best phones under 10000 topbestof” or “best earphones under 1000 topbestof”, “Name topbestof” or in general “what you want + topbestof”.back to menu ↑