Vivo Nex Pros and Cons- Solid Reasons to Change Your Mind
Vivo made sure it does not fall behind in trendsetting after the Oppo Find X launched, with a motorized sensor and camera housing that only popped out when needed, so it pushed its own Vivo Nex with a motorized selfie camera that pops out only when needed essentially providing more screen space and screen to body ratio than other brands. Although it came out after the initial release of the Find X which one-ups this device in terms of design, it still manages to impress. Read our detailed input about all of its advantages and disadvantages to find out whether this is the device for you or not.
The Vivo Nex has direct competition in price and performance with the OnePlus 6, Samsung Note 8, Huawei P20 Pro, Google Pixel 2 XL and other similar spec devices. The Vivo Nex has a lot to offer in terms of design and build and the performance isn’t also an issue. To find out how the Nex S holds up against the long-standing competition read our complete Pros and Cons list.
Here are the Vivo Nex Pros and Cons
- 6.59″ Super AMOLED FHD+ Display
- 12 MP+5 MP Rear Camera and 8 MP Pop-Up Front Camera
- Snapdragon 845 SoC with Adreno 630 GPU
- 8 GB RAM and 128/256 GB ROM
- 4000 mAh battery
Vivo Nex: Pros or Reasons to Buy
Here are the pros of the Vivo Nex-
- The Rear 12 MP+ 5 MP camera setup produces some very decent pictures and can be compared to higher end flagships in terms of detailing and color reproduction. The camera UI has quite a few tricks up its sleeves and the auto-tuning of the image after the capturing part is also decent. Though it tends to overdo the effects and the resulting shots look oversharpened and saturated but are still good enough.
- The rear camera sensor feature both OIS and EIS so you can expect stabilized videos and time lapses with great detailing. The sensors can capture up to 4K resolution at 30fps and you can check the quality of the videos in this video by GSMArena Samples,
- The Nex S has similar performance to the iPhone X in terms of low light photography and shade management, this is a consistent result and not just some scenarios. So it is safe to say that the overall rear camera performance is comparable to the higher end flagships.
- The 6.59″ display is massive and beautiful, the Super AMOLED panel produces color accurate and balanced output and the screen is also bright enough to be viewed under direct sunlight. The black color is truly black giving a very accurate viewing experience.
- The Vivo Nex is an absolute powerhouse when it comes to processing speeds and gaming. The SD845 SoC is the best processor in the world right now and nothing can bring it to its knees. This means that the Nex S can handle anything that is thrown at it without breaking a sweat.
- The Nex S is actually faster than all flagships right now due to the fact that it has a slightly lower resolution. Vivo Nex S beats all SD845 devices in terms of benchmarks and gaming fps thanks to its lower resolution device making it a solid deal and competitor.
- The Nex S has a speaker at the bottom which has better bass than the Pixel 2 and we can safely say that you can use the speakers for most indoor purposes as they are apt for such tasks. The in-display vibrating motors for the calls are also aptly loud and clear and you can hear the sound output from anywhere on the screen.
- The Nex S comes bundled with a pair of earphones that are pretty good and eliminate the need for aftermarket earphones. They are clear and deliver balanced audio even at higher volumes.
- The battery is satisfactory and you can squeeze out a full day of usage if you are a moderate user. Light usage lasts over a full day but we recommend you get a power bank to keep your phone running if you are a heavy user. You can choose from these power banks- Best Power Banks under 1500 Rs.
- The Vivo Nex retails with a 25W charger which is supposed to be faster than even the Qualcomm QuickCharge 3.0. This means that the battery will charge up faster and you can trickle charge it whenever you want.
- The Vivo Nex sports all the necessary sensors like ambient light sensor, gyro and compass. This is an underrated fact but if you go out to compare then you will find that many phones lack one or the other sensors.
Vivo Nex: Cons or Reasons not to buy
Here are the cons of the Vivo Nex-
- There is no IP rating or display protection mentioned on the release notes so we have to say that it is disappointing to see no protective measures added to this device. If you want to know more about IP ratings read this article- IP Ratings Explained in-Depth
- The selfie camera is not impressive at all and produces overblown and less detailed images. The results are overly soft and image processing is nowhere near the rear camera.
- There is no SD-Card slot so you’re stuck with the onboard storage. Which is not less by any means but as we have said many times before it is good to have an option of expandability. There is no NFC or wireless charging either so Vivo is looking pretty thin on this front.
- The FunTouch OS 4 is a disaster and iPhone OS knockoff. Swipe-based menu movement to watching YouTube videos everything is hinder by this obtrusive UI which takes away from the user experience.
- The in-Display Fingerprint Sensor is quite slow and erratic. You will find yourself adjusting your finger quite often to get it to unlock the device. This is quite frustrating and should have been omitted. This wouldn’t have been an issue if it had Facial Recognition but it lacks any software integration for it so you are stuck with the in-Display fingerprint sensor.
So this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest Vivo Nex, read further for our final words on whether or not you should buy this smartphone.back to menu ↑
Final Thoughts on Vivo Nex
The Vivo Nex is a power packed device that sports a large display and great rear camera. The rear cameras are very good too and offer flagship comparable performance. The audio output is better than most flagships and will definitely woo the users. But the OS is a hindrance and so is the Selfie camera. If you want a solid performing smartphone then there are certainly better options in the market but if you value camera and audio then definitely go for it.
Still if you any doubt after going through the Vivo Nex Pros and Cons, its conclusion then ask your question in the Comment and get Answer immediately.back to menu ↑
Like the Vivo Nex? Buy now!
Vivo Nex: Expert Score and User Ratings
- Great Performance and Specs
- Fast Charging Battery
- Great Audio and bundled Earphones
- Large Notchless Display
- Poor UI
- Average Selfie Camera
- No IP Rating
- Slow in-Display Fingerprint Sensor
This was the short Vivo Nex Pros and Cons with the expert score.back to menu ↑
Vivo Nex [Best Price/Lowest Price Alert]
We hope you like our post “Vivo Nex Pros and Cons” and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.
Also, If you are looking for other high-quality Tech reviews or list of best gadgets then google it like “best phones under 10000 topbestof” or “best earphones under 1000 topbestof”, “Vivo Y95 topbestof” or in general “what you want + topbestof”.