After being inactive in the note series for last one-year Samsung has finally unveiled the new Samsung Note 8 with the slogan “Do bigger things”. On 23rd August 2017, taking the stage in New York Samsung covers off the new Galaxy Note 8 – uncovering a big screen phablet with dual cameras and an updated S Pen.
One can’t really talk about the Galaxy Note 8 without referring the Galaxy Note 7 and its catastrophic recall. After the disreputable Note 7, Samsung is ignited with Galaxy Note 8 with a lit look of Midnight Black and Maple Gold color in India (available in Deepsea blue and orchid gray in USA, UK, Australia), rear camera, wider display and an updated stylus. Here is a 360 look of the phone with two different colors.
Samsung Note 8: Price and Launch/Release date in India
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 launched in India on 12th September with a price tag of Rs 67,900. The phone comes into two colour, Black and Gold. It is available for sale via Amazon and Samsung Retailer.
Highlights about Samsung Note 8
- A Flagship Note from the Samsung.
- Wide-angle camera with dual pixel sensor and F1.7 lens.
- Samsung Pen(S pen), which provides better interface functions.
- Water and dust resistant.
- Hassle free charging through a wireless charger.
- Biometric locks including Iris scan and face recognition powered by Samsung Knox.
Samsung Note 8’s Key Specification
Let’s get into the Samsung Note 8’s specifications, features, price, availability in India and real reviews about the device.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Key features
Samsung brings about a great change in the look as well as in the specifications. The highlights of its traits show the best of this devices.
It’s big! The largest ever screen in a Note device…
Boasting a 6.3-inch screen, one-handed handling of the Note 8 is not suggested, unless you’re blessed with really large hands. It is mostly all screen. For a seamless user experience, the phone’s display also touts a curved edge for the iconic Super AMOLED 2960 x 1440 Infinity Display.
The improved stylus comes in conjunction with the Note8’s Screen Off Memos, where you can write notes, reminders, sketches etc even on the lock screen, and the Translate which now translates sentences instead of single words.
It now boasts dual camera…
Better late than never, the Note8 has finally jumped on the bandwagon of the dual camera trend with Dual 12 MP Dual Pixel autofocus, 4K video recording and Front camera of 8 MP, autofocus, dual video call, Auto HDR.
Features like live focus can expertise a person in field of Bokeh effect. Live focus is the feature which allows you to adjust the background blur settings commonly known as Bokeh effect before taking a shot. Now we consider its secondary camera that is Selfie camera, galaxy note 8 has an 8MP front camera with F1.7 bright lens and smart auto focus. Look at a captured image taken by the note 8.
Bixby voice assistant rolls out…
The Galaxy Note 8 should really be known as the phone that brings Bixby, Samsung’s digital assistant, to the fore, with the full suite of features enabled from launch. Just like Apple’s Siri, Amazon’s Alexa and Google’s Assistant, Samsung has Bixby. The digital voice assistant is activated either by holding the hardware button or cooing the words ‘Hi Bixby’. It should be able to intelligently understand you.
The accessories compatible with Note 8 that Samsung provides are also a big range of advancement. It provides upgraded DeX Station, you only need to connect to a monitor, keyboard, and mouse and that hotel lobby or airport lounge is now your new office. Also, it comes with 360 degree Gear, Gear VR headset.
RAM and ROM (Variant)
The device launch in various variant and that is
- 6 GB RAM with 64 GB Internal (ROM).
- 6 GB RAM with 128 GB Internal (ROM).
- 6 GB RAM with 256GB Internal (ROM).
Beside the RAM & ROM, it is also available in the single and dual sim variant.
Know Some of its features via the attached video below
Competitors of Samsung Note 8
- Samsung S8 & S8+
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus
- Apple iPhone 8
- Google Pixel XL2
- OnePlus 5
- Asus Zenfone AR
- Sony Xperia XZ Premium
- LG G6
If you know any else & better competitor, then lets us know via below comment.
Now, let’s move toward the Samsung Note 8’s Full specification
Samsung Galaxy Note 4: Pros
- Dual Cameras with 2x optical zoom.
- Big and beautiful screen.
- New upgraded S Pen.
- A better way to multitask as the Note 8 offers a new an App Pair feature that launches two applications at the same time, with one taking up the left side of the screen and the other the right side.
- It can double as a desktop with the optional DeX Station by transforming the Galaxy Note 8 into a mini PC and running multiple apps at once with a much bigger view on an HD monitor.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4: Cons
- It has a small-ish battery. While the Galaxy Note 7 has a fairly huge 3,500 mAh battery, the Note 8 makes do with a 3,300 mAh battery, even though it has a bigger screen.
- Unfit for older Gear VR headsets. If you buy the new Samsung Note 8 then you need to buy recently launched Gear VR headset, because it doesn’t fit older Gear VR headsets unless it is modified personally.
- Quite heavier, around 200g.
- Quite pricey.
For more Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Pros & cons, keep in touch we will be right back soon with the Samsung Note 8’s depth review.
Still, any doubt so feels free to ask via comment.
Thanks for reading. We are waiting to see you again.
Hand Picked other articles:
- Top 10 Best Phones under 15000 (Rs) in India Depth Review
- Best Earphones under 500 Rs: These 5 earphones are best to pick in 500 (Depth Review)
- Top 10 Best Earphones to buy under ₹1000 in India (Depth Review)
- 10 Best Smartphone under 10000 (Rs) in India (Depth Review)
- Top 5 Cool & Best Youtube trick that you must know