Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) Pros and Cons: Solid Reasons to Change Your Mind
Samsung has announced a new smartphone in an event last week. The Galaxy A9 is a revolutionary product in the field of cameras. Samsung Galaxy A9 is having Four cameras which are going to take photography to a next level. In this year many smartphones are launched which are mainly focused on Cameras and I can say that this smartphone i.e Galaxy A9 is a new rival to those smartphones. Up to now, Samsung has not given any hint about its price tag but Samsung opened Pre Registration for interested buyers. The Galaxy A9 comes in two variants 6GB/128GB ROM and another variant is 8GB/128GB ROM.
The Galaxy A9 (2018): A 4-Camera Smartphone
Samsung is always known for new innovations which Samsung has again proved with this one more time. Nowadays everyone thinks that 64GB is not sufficient nowadays. So they have announced Galaxy A9 with the base internal memory of 128GB which is great news for new buyers. Samsung has said this Galaxy will be available in the market by next month. If you want to buy this device then you are going to have three different color options. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) packs a 24-megapixel (f/1.7) + 10-megapixel (f/2.4) + 8-megapixel (f/2.4) + 5-megapixel (f/2.0) primary camera on the rear and a 24-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
This smartphone is going to give tough competition due to its stunning features. The Galaxy A9 (2018) will be available in three colors — Lemonade Blue, Bubblegum Pink, and Caviar Black. Except for the last color option, the other two have a slight gradient which is becoming increasingly. These finishes do look good and will definitely appeal to those who prioritize looks when buying a smartphone. Samsung Galaxy A9 is a great body design and looks marvelous in hand. It is having a glass body with shade colors. Galaxy A9 comes with 128GB ROM and you can increase it using a memory card. We are gonna see how the Samsung Galaxy A9 holds up against the competition and why should you choose it over other smartphones.
So, We have discussed Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) pros and cons in detail. This will help you in having a clear idea about the advantage and disadvantage of this phone.
Here are the Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) Pros and Cons
- 6.3 inches FullHD+ 18:9 Aspect Ratio
- 24MP + 10MP+ 8MP + 5MP Quad Rear Camera Setup with 24MP Selfie camera
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 with Octa Core 2.2 GHz Processor
- Dual SIM with a dedicated Memory Card Slot
- Powerful 3800mAH Non-Removable Battery
- Two variants 4GB/64GB ROM and 4GB/128GB ROM
- Fast Charging
Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018): Pros
Here are the pros or the advantages of buying the Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018):
- Galaxy A9 features a brilliant 15.95cm (6.3”) FHD+ Super AMOLED Infinity Display that produces sharp contrast and high dynamic color for a much more immersive viewing experience. Galaxy A9 is having 18:9 screen to body ratio. The Samsung A9 has a PPI of 383.3 which is quite good and the display looks crisp.
- On the back of the device, you will find a glass back with shaded colors which gives the device a very premium feel. Not only that but it also means that the A9 also supports wireless charging which requires a glass back. Although if you don’t want to use this feature, you can also use the included type-c port that also supports fast charging. Here are the camera video sample of Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) from CAM View-
- But the biggest feature of the Samsung A9 has to be the fact that it has 4 cameras on the back. It is the first smartphone which comes with 4 cameras on the back. The four lenses on the back include a primary camera, a telephoto zoom camera, a super wide angle lens and finally a secondary camera for depth. This means that with the Samsung A9 you have a camera for every scenario that you’ll ever face.
- You will find a 24MP f/1.7 primary camera sensor, a 10MP f/2.4 optical zoom camera that gives you a 2x zoom. Apart from that, there’s also an 8MP f/2.4 camera for ultrawide which supports a wide angle of 120 degrees. Finally, there’s also a 5MP sensor for depth detection that allows the user to take high-quality portrait photos. For selfies, the Galaxy A9 also comes with a 24MP front-facing shooter which is great to have. Not only that but it also has bokeh mode in the front. So you can take portrait mode photos using the front camera.
- Coming to the processor sides of things, since this is a camera oriented smartphone, the Galaxy A9 comes with a mid-range Snapdragon 660 processor. But since the processor is paired with either 6 or 8 gigs of RAM, it is more than enough for everyday use. The Snapdragon 660 is an Octa processor clocked at 2.2 GHz and 1.8Ghz for 4 separate cores. This allows the processor to either save power or provide power according to the user’s needs.
- Other features of the Galaxy A9 includes things like dual-band Wi-Fi b/g/n/ac, BT v5.00, 128GB of internal storage, expandable storage up to 512 GB, NFC, USB Type-C, wireless charging support, etc. For the included sensors, it comes with a proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, etc.
Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018): Cons
Here are the cons or the disadvantages of buying the Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018):
- While the Snapdragon 660 is quite a decent processor, it is not justified for the given price of the smartphone. Since the Galaxy A9 is priced 599 euros, Samsung is expected to include a flagship processor in it. Unfortunately, if you’re a power user then the Galaxy A9 might not be the processor for you.
- Even though it is a Samsung smartphone, the Galaxy A9 is not waterproof. Almost all of the devices from Samsung at this price are waterproof. While this might not be a con for everyone, but users who come from waterproof devices might see this as a major issue.
So this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018), read further for our final words on whether or not you should buy this smartphone.back to menu ↑
Final Thoughts on Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018)
Overall the Samsung Galaxy A9 can be a great smartphone for you especially when you are looking for a great camera phone. Although if you are a power user and want a powerful device then A9 might not be for you. Since the device comes with a Snapdragon 660, it might not be sufficient for everyone’s needs. So, if you want one of the best cameras on the market and are willing to pay for it, then the Samsung Galaxy A9 can be a great choice for you.
Still if you any doubt after going through the Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) Pros and Cons, its conclusion then ask your question in the Comment and get Answer immediately.