Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) Pros and Cons: Solid Reasons to Change your Mind
- Vibrant Display
- Dedicated SD-Card Slot
- Impressive Cameras
- Beautiful Design
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) Pros and Cons: Solid Reasons to Change Your Mind
Korean giant Samsung has finally declared the release of the new ‘A’ series smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) edition today. The phone comes with a lot of modifications and new features when compared with its own race of mobiles. Samsung has been working on the phone to set its benchmark over mid-budget mobile phones in the market for so long. Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) with ample features and comparably lower price than its brothers will create a high tide because of its premium authenticity and name in the market. Samsung Galaxy A7 is first among its family members to have a fingerprint sensor integrated into the power button on the side of the phone and that too in the mid-range price point. The most interesting thing that Samsung did is the introduction of the triple rear cameras in the 2018 edition of Samsung Galaxy A7.
The only matter of concern is its competitors which may create a hurdle for this gem in the market for a similar price range, they include OnePlus 6, Oppo F9 Pro, Nokia 7 Plus, Asus Zenfone 5Z, Xiaomi Poco F1 etc. These mid-tier phones are enriched with really great features and know what a consumer demands very well. If you want to know whether you should buy the new Samsung Galaxy A7 or not, read this article till the end as we will be discussing its pros and cons in depth.
So, We have discussed Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) Pros and Cons in detail so that you have a clear idea about the strengths and weaknesses of this phone.
Here are Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) Pros and Cons
- 6.0″ FHD+ SUPER AMOLED Display
- 24MP+8MP+5MP Triple Rear Camera + 24MP fixed focus Selfie Camera
- Samsung Exynos 7 Octa 7885 Processor
- 4 GB/6 GB RAM + 64 GB/126 GB ROM
- 3300 mAH battery
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018): Pros
Here are the pros or advantages of Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018)-
- Galaxy A7 (2018) features a 6.0 inches full HD+ SUPER AMOLED infinity display. It has a resolution of 1080 x 2220 pixel and 18:5:9 aspect ratio and in addition a Gorilla Glass 3 screen protection. The colors are sharp, clear and vibrant and do not create any itch to the eye when used for long. The screen looks rich and is pocket-friendly.
- The wow factor is Galaxy A7’s triple rear camera setup which arches a 24MP auto-focus sensor+8MP ultra-wide sensor+5MP depth sensor with fixed focus with LED flash. The 24MP camera clicks really sharp and clear pictures, the pictures taken are enhanced, rich and there is a wide perspective due to the 8MP ultra-wide camera and 5MP depth sensor helps to make the portrait photo look more professional. Low light performance is rigid best with the triple camera setup and proves that the A7 combines four pixels into one.
- The selfie shooter is an extraordinary specialization, sported with a 24MP camera has a lot of interesting features like face detection, fixed focus, beautify etc. The Dolly Zoom Effect will definitely woo you if you want to do experiments with your selfie. Pictures clicked through the front camera are also very sharp, customized and stable. It also has several background blurring mode which makes the picture look HD and professional.
- Video recording in the Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) is done in 4K ultra HD and at 2160p@30fps. Videos shot through the rear camera are stabilized, thanks to the EIS, focused and smooth with decent colors. The distortion due to excess or low light is managed automatically because of the triple cameras and low light videography is also a decent experience due to the premium LED flash. Similarly, videos are recorded in HD by the selfie shooter. Here is the Video Sample of Galaxy A7 2018 from phonearena sample-
- Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) runs on Samsung Exynos 7 Octa 7885 processor which features an octa-core CPU consisting dual 2.2 GHz Cortex A73 and 1.6 GHz Cortex A53 CPU cores for powerful performance and computing. The Exynos 7885 gives up to 85% more single-core performance than its predecessor the Exynos 7880, resulting in fast website loading, app launching, and unlimited streaming. It has Mali G71 GPU which will support high-end games like Asphalt and PUBG without any issues.
- It comes in two different variants, the 4GB RAM+64GB ROM and 6GB RAM+128GB ROM variant and has a dedicated microSD card slot which supports up to 512GB of memory. The SD-Card Slot in itself is a boon for expandability while the RAM is sufficient for most multi-threaded processes.
- For music lovers, the output speakers are employed with Dolby Atmos sound technology and will take the audio experience to next level but to use this Feature you have to use Headphone or earphone. Now, if you want to watch a movie with your friends you don’t have to attach any external speakers for the audio is already loud, clear and sharp. With the headphones, the surround sound technology will make you feel the 360 effects of the sounds.
- The A7 (2018) features a raft of sensors including a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, gyro sensor, accelerometer, compass and proximity sensor.
- The Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) edition is undoubtedly better in design than its predecessor, the Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) and even one of the best premium built smartphones in the family. It forges a glass sandwich body and a glossy texture at the back panel. Covered with 2.5D glass it is a delicate looking sporty material. The Galaxy A7 is Ligweightedted Smartphone which makes it perfect for Usage.
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018): Cons
Here are the cons or disadvantages of Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018)-
- Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner which is very new for the consumers and it may create a slight problem because of its location as most of us cannot use any of our fingers except the right thumb and left index finger(practically).
- Both Fingerprint sensor and the Face Unlock take a slight delay to work and hold the home screen before unlocking it which may be a bug or any reasonable tactic by the company.
- Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) is having a Micro USB port for charging is totally unjustified for this Price Tag.
- The 3300 mAH battery doesn’t suit the all-over personality of the phone, neither does it fits back equal to rest of the features of the phone. The battery could have been a large one to make the phone an ultimate device under this price range. Also, there’s no option for fast charging which sounds unusual under this price range.
So this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) edition, read further for our final words on whether or not you should buy this smartphone.back to menu ↑
Final thoughts on Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018)
The Samsung Galaxy A7 rolls out to be the best mid-tier phone from Samsung till now and the features knit to it are worthy of the price. The Exynos 7885 and 4GB/6GB of RAM will prohibit any lag during multitasking and hardcore gaming sessions for PUBG players and phone addicts. The best part is the triple cameras at the rear end which will take photography to the next level of experience. The storage in the device is also good. Galaxy A7 is a mixed bag of features and sports features offered by many high-end priced phones too. The UI experience is in reach and simply made accordingly keeping in mind the user perspective. The only slight problems you will face with the phone is a slight delay while unlocking the phone and unavailability of fast charging which should have come with the phone. One should get the phone as Samsung usually offers these enriched phones in a mid-range like this only once in a while and if we talk in deep about the ‘company and quality’, history will explain it better.
Still, if you any doubt after going via the Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) Pros and Cons or its conclusion then ask your question in the Comment and get Answer immediately.back to menu ↑
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018): Price & Availability in India
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018): Expert Score & User Ratings
- Vibrant Display
- Dedicated SD-Card Slot
- Impressive Cameras
- Beautiful Design
- Battery Inadequate
- Fingerprint Sensor Little Slow
- Inappropriate Position of Fingerprint Sensor
This was the short Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) Pros and Cons with the expert score.back to menu ↑
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018): [Best/Lowest Price Alert]
We hope you like our post “Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) Pros and Cons” and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.
Other Handpicked Articles:
- Xiaomi Poco F1 Pros and Cons
- Vivo V11 Pro Pros and Cons
- Oppo F9 and F9 Pro Pros and Cons
- Redmi 6 Pros and Cons