A couple of hours ago Samsung launched two new members in A series. A series is a booming series in India as Samsung has sold many Galaxy A50 devices back this month. Samsung has said no to pop up as this time they have used a slider. This slider not only has a single camera but has three cameras with a selfie flash. In this A80 front and rear cameras are same, when we slide the camera then camera changes face from back side to front side, and rear camera acts as selfie camera. This time Galaxy has done the same as their competitors are doing, i.e. by giving the 48MP camera, but Samsung has played well by giving 48MP selfie camera.
Samsung Galaxy A80 has a metal framework along with a 3D glass which enriched the look of the phone. A80 is having a rotary camera as we have seen in an Oppo device nearly 4-5 years back. Galaxy A80 comes with big and vivid 6.7 inches big display. As we have seen this A series has Super AMOLED display this is same in A80 also. This time in A80 Samsung has upgraded from a 15W fast charger to 25W super fast charger, this one of the best part.
Coming to the performance of the device, A80 comes with 8GB of RAM which is coupled with 128GB of ROM. A80 comes with on display fingerprint sensor which is a bit fast as compared to A50 ones. On the top of Android Pie Samsung has given their own One UI which is one of the best UI due to its
Now coming to the most critical part of any phone, i.e. battery, this time Samsung has disappointed us by living a 3700mAh battery which is just fine as other companies are at least 4000mAh battery. But you don’t have to worry as Samsung has given you a 25W fast charger which is fantastic.
So, We have discussed Samsung A80 pros and cons in detail so that you have a clear idea about the strengths and weaknesses of this phone.
Samsung Galaxy A80 Pros and Cons in detail
Spec Highlights of Samsung Galaxy A80
- 6.7 inch FHD+ Super AMOLED screen with 1080 X 2340 pixels resolution.
- Octa core (2.6 GHz, Dual core, Cortex A76 + 1.92 GHz, Dual core, Cortex A76 + 1.8 GHz, Quad core, Cortex A55).
- GPU- Qualcoum Snapdrogen 730 with Adreno 618 GPU.
- 8GB RAM and 128GB ROM.
- 3700 mAh LI-Polymer battery.
- Good Dimensions with Light Weight -165.2mm(Height) X 76.5mm(Width) X 9.3mm(Thickness).
- Rear Camera– 48-megapixel (f/2.0) + 8-megapixel (f/2.2, ultra-wide) + 3D depth sensor triple rear cameras.
- Bluetooth 5.0 and NFC.
- Android 9.0 (PIE) with skin One UI.
- On display fingerprint sensor.
Samsung Galaxy A80: Pros
Here are the pros or advantages of Samsung Galaxy A80-
- The Samsung Galaxy A80 forges 6.7 inches Super AMOLED display along with resolution of 1080 X 2400 pixels at a PPI of 392 pixels per inch. It offers a full screen with no Notch or hole as for camera it has a rotating camera mechanism. The display is simply amazing with vibrant colours and proper sunlight contrast. It also comes with Corning Gorilla glass, so you don’t have to worry about the screen.
- Samsung has used the Metal framework with 3D glass which not only enriches the look of the phone but also gives a perfect look.
- With Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 which is the latest Octa-core (2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55) paired with Android Pie 9.0 and on top of this is One UI, 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage, the smartphone gives great smooth performance even while playing heavy games like PUBG with no heating issue.
- The switching from one heavy app to another is smooth as well and does not show any lags. For graphical performance that can make games run smoothly.
- Coming to the main sensation of the device the 48MP camera. You are going to get a 48MP camera at the rear and a front part of this A80. Which comes with Sony IMX586 sensor with an f/2.0 aperture which is enough power to provide great shots in both daylights and in dim light. The performance of the camera is enhanced by the following options while using the rear camera 960fps slow-motion video recording, night scene, autofocus, AI HDR, EIS and LED flash support.
- As the
rearcamera is also a selfie camera also comes with a great option while taking selfies, i.e. AI photo, portrait, fun AR, time-lapse photography, slow-motion, and HDR. The camera comes with unique Portrait videomode which blurs the background in a video.
- For Ultra wide shorts there is an 8MP camera which comes with an aperture of f/2.2 which helps you to take ultra wide shots.
- There is a 3D Time of Flight (ToF) sensor to capture the depth of an image, and that can be used for features like slimming subjects in photos as well as creating 3D avatars of users.
- The Phone has a Stereo Speaker setup which makes use of the bottom speaker and the front speaker creating an immersive audio experience. The Dolby Atmos creates a theatre like sound experience for users.
- Galaxy A80 comes with a battery of 3700mAh which is small as respect to display but it comes with a fast charger of 25W which charges it rapidly.
- Sensors on the phone include a
Fingerprintsensor, Compass/ Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, and Gyroscope.
- Samsung A80 offers good connectivity with WI-Fi, GPS, 3G and 4G, Bluetooth 5.0, micro USB 3.0, NFC, and OTG support.
Samsung Galaxy A80: Cons
Here are the cons or disadvantages to buying Samsung Galaxy A80 –
- The smartphone is a bit slippery with its extra smooth back.
- Samsung A80 is having big disply which requires more power but Samsung has given a small battery of 3700mAh which is a little bit disapointment.
- No face unlock.
- This is the first time that Samsung has droped 3.5 headphone jack which is a little bit disapointment.
- Bad news for storage lovers as this time A80 comes with no Memory card Slot which is really disapointment for Samsung fan.
- No IP certification as A80 is having sliding mechanish so it is not possible to have IP certificaion.
So this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest A80, read further for our final words on whether or not you should buy this smartphone.back to menu ↑
Final Thoughts on Samsung Galaxy A80
Samsung has shown us a new way and an alternate to popup cameras as they have used the rotary camera in this A80. A80 comes with a big and brilliant display which is just awesome. Samsung has amused with this beautiful device as this is a complete
You can consider the following phones as other option mentioned with the full pros and cons-
- Google Pixel 3 and 3 XL Pros and Cons
- Asus ROG Pros and Cons
- Huawei Mate 20 Pros and Cons
- Huawei P20 Pro Pros and Cons
Still, if you any doubt after going via the Samsung Galaxy A80 Pros and Cons or its conclusion then ask your question in the Comment and get Answer immediately.
Also, If you are looking for other high-quality Tech reviews or list of best gadgets then google it like “best phones under 10000 topbestof” or “best earphones under 1000 topbestof”, “OnePlus 6T topbestof” or in general “what you want + topbestof”.