Day by day, Oppo and Vivo are capturing Indian Market with tag of “Best Camera smartphone” or “Best Selfie Smartphone” but from now their competition is going harder as Xiaomi has now entered into the Indian Market with the same tag i.e., “Best Selfie Smartphone”. Redmi Y1 and Y1 Lite is the new player from the Xiaomi to compete them.
So here we will be discussing out the price of this device, features and more. Also, we will cover the Redmi Y1’s user experience that we faced from last few days or simply you can say Redmi Y1’s Pros and Cons.
Redmi Y1: Price and Availablity in India
Xiaomi launch Redmi Y1 in two variant i.e., 3GB + 32GB and 4GB + 64GB and price are Rs 8,999 and Rs 10,999. Also, its smaller version i.e., Xiaomi Redmi Y1 lite comes with a Price tag of Rs 6,999. Right now, both of these smartphones are available on Amazon but not on Flipkart.
Redmi Y1: Highlights-
- First Selfie centric smartphone from Xiaomi.
- This device equipped with 16 MP camera on front with selfie flash.
- Xiaomi Launches Redmi Note 5A in India and it is known as Xiamoi Redmi Y1.
- Finally, Xiaomi introduces dedicated micoSD card slot. Thus, you can use Two Sim + microSD card together.
- In design, it is very similar to Redmi 4.
Best Alternative or Competitor in the present market-
- Redmi 4
- Lenovo K8 Plus
- Panasonic Eluga Ray 700
- Panasonic Eluga Ray 500
- Moto E4 Plus
- Redmi Note 4
- Infocus Turbo 5 Plus
More in budget then must check this out- Top 10 Best Phones under 15000 (Rs) in India Depth Review
Redmi Y1: Review with Pros and Cons
Now, let’s check out Redmi Y1’s advantages and disadvantages on buying it one by one.
Redmi Y1: Pros
- Front Camera: It is the main highlighting feature of this device. When you take selfies in outdoor and artificial lighting condition, pictures come out with balanced colour and good details. Here, Details are not much good as when you zoom out the clicked pictures you will found some noise. With two beauty modes(Smart and Pro) you can beautify your all selfie.
- Rear Camera: In daylight, the captured images are good in detail and well balanced colour.
- Finally, Xiaomi gives dedicated microSD slot to this device. Thus, no more hybrid sim slot and you can use Dual Sim & microSD card together. Also, if your old smartphone is facing Hybrid sim slot problem then don’t worry as we bring solution such that you can use Dual Sim & microSD card together. Go via this- Use Dual Sim + microSD together, No more Hybrid Sim Slot Problem.
- Latest MIUI 9 is given unlike Android One in Mi A1-(Review). MIUI 9 is fast and smooth Custom ROM from the company till now.
- 2.5D curved glass on display ensure smooth design on the corner of the screen and Corning Gorilla Glass ensure the durability of the screen. Here is the image to clear your doubt on 2.5D Glass.
- Fingerprint is placed at the back. Also, it is placed conveniently. The Fingerprint is accurate but not very fast.
- This time Xiamoi used plastic in the smartphone but still, this phone has good build quality and feels premium like Redmi 4.
- The phone is light and only weigh about 153g.
- Both sim slot comes with 4G support.
- All the necessary sensor is provided i.e., accelerometer, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, e-compass, hall sensor, and gyroscope.
- Single speaker but still, loud enough for normal entertainment.
- No heating issue while heavy games for the longer time. It only warm which is acceptable. Game Played- Mortal Combat 5, Asphalt 8, and Real Racing 3.
- Speaker is placed at the bottom. This does not block your sound when you put your phone on its back.
- Google Assistant comes built-in. Also, Try Cortana- Microsoft’s Personal Assistant for your android smartphone.
- Call quality was good using Jio 4G and Airtel 4G.
Still finding best smartphone under 10000, then go via it- Top 10 Best Smartphone under 10000 Rs in India (Depth Review)
Redmi Y1: Cons
- Front Camera: If you take group selfie then pictures come out to blur. Xiaomi Redmi y1 only focus on the person who is nearer and loses focus on other people. Thus, you will be disappointed if you are taking group selfies.
- Front Camera: In low light, LED flash light is helpful but only when you keep your phone near to your face.
- Rear Camera: As the surrounding light decrease the image quality from the rear camera also decreases too. Also, If you are using rear camera to take good shots so remember not to shake your hand otherwise as result, all the captured image come out to be blurry.
- Rear Camera: Low light camera performance is not great. It is average as the pictures come out to be full of noise and grains.
- While recording video, audio and video quality is good but when you move the phone then it takes time to focus on the targeted objects. Also, you will be missing slow motion video recording on it.
- No Earphone is given inside the box. We suggest some of the best earphones to bought in India. Here are those- Top 5 Best Earphones under 500 Rs or Top 10 Best Earphones to buy under ₹1000.
- Battery is lower in capacity. You can get nearly 1 days with normal usage whereas 6 to 7 hours on heavy usage. Other Xiaomi devices like Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 comes with the massive battery.
- The device doesn’t support fast charging. Charging this device from 0% to 100%, it takes about 1:50 min.
- This device didn’t come up with FHD display. If you are display quality lover then you gonna missing it but this cons will indirectly helpful to you as it will consume less battery. So you will get more battery backup.
- This device can only connect to a 2.4 GHz WiFi band and not to 5 GHz WiFi band. Redmi Note 4 with nearly same price, supports to both of the WiFi band i.e., 2.4, & 5 GHz.
- No NFC is given.
Still, any doubt or any question then feel free to ask via comment. We will be happy to answer every your question.
Redmi Y1: Conclusion
Redmi Y1 which was projected as the best selfie camera smartphone under 10000 rupees is not the real winner in the selfie or camera section. In respect of taking selfies of yourself, then there is no doubt that it is the best selfie camera phone under 10000 but group selfie will disappoint you. In performance, it performs well and it gives you freedom from the Hybrid Sim Slot. If taking about best competitors then Redmi 4 and Lenovo K8 Plus is the great option or check other devices here- 10 Best Smartphone under 10000 (Rs) in India (Depth Review)
Hand pick other articles:
- Top 5 Best Earphone under 500 in India with Depth Review
- 10 Best Smartphone under 10000 rupees in India with Depth Review
- Top 10 Best Smartphone under 15000 rupees in India- Depth review
- Best Earphone under 1000 Rupees: 10 Best earphone to pick here
- Mi Mix 2 Pros and Cons: Top 14 Solid Reason to buy & Top 8 Reason to not buy
- Top 5 Cool & Best Youtube trick that you must know