Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Pros and Cons: Solid Reasons to Change Your Mind
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Pros and Cons: Solid Reasons to Change Your Mind
Xiaomi, one of the most favored brands in the field of the smartphone has knocked on the market doors with yet another amazing smartphone. The Redmi note 6 Pro is launched on 22nd November 2018.
Nine months ago, Xiaomi launched Redmi Note 5 Pro, which has proved to be a great success with people and has been labelled as one of the top smartphones around Rs. 15000 categories. The all-new Redmi Note 6 pro is the successor of Redmi Note 5 Pro and as claimed by Xiaomi, Note 6 Pro has many upgraded features that are surely going to win over the market.
Though the price of the Redmi Note 6 Pro has announced that is Rs 15,999 for 4GB RAM and is Rs 17,999 for 6GB RAM variant. One of the most anticipated features of Redmi Note 6 pro is that it sports quad camera setup, i.e, dual camera on both the front and the rear end of the phone.
Redmi Note 6 Pro, with its quad camera and great features, is going to give a serious competition to Honor 8X, Nokia 6.1 Plus, and Realme 2 Pro. The new Note 6 Pro is going to be available in four different colors i.e Blue, Black, Rose Gold, and Red.
We have discussed Huawei Mate 20 Pro pros and cons in detail so that you have a clear idea about the strengths and weaknesses of this phone. Also, Let’s see whether Redmi Note 6 pro is going to prove itself best smartphones under 15000 or not.
Redmi Note 6 Pro Pros and Cons
- 6,26-inch Full HD+LCD display with 1080p x 2280p resolution.
- Dual 12MP+5MP rear camera + dual 20MP+2MP front camera
- 4GB/6GB RAM and 64GB ROM.
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Processer
- 4000 mAh battery.
Redmi Note 6 Pro: Pros
Here are the pros or advantages of Redmi Note 6 Pro-
- Redmi Note 6 Pro, sports the same look as that of Redmi Note 5 Pro, with only a few notable changes. The back of the smartphone is metallic and a bit slippery but with the cover provided along with the smartphone, this problem is resolved.
- There is a notch at the front that sports dual front camera. At the back, there is a dual rear camera and a fingerprint scanner. One of the best thing in the Redmi Note 6 Pro is that it has nano coating at the back.
- The Redmi Note 6 Pro sports a 6.26-inch touchscreen display along with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2280 pixels at a PPI of 403 pixels per inch. Note 6 Pro offers an FHD+ IPS LCD display with a 19:9 aspect ratio. 6 Pro display is vibrant and vivid, and shows-off rich colors which come with the Gorilla glass, but the version used is not mentioned.
- The rear camera sports a 12MP(1.4μm, f/1.9 aperture)+5MP(1.12μm, f/2.2 aperture)dual camera with Single tone dual-LED flash. You can click great pictures in broad daylight and in the low-indoor light. The colors pop out quite nicely and the detailing is good as well. This phone also has good bokeh effects due to dual rear camera setup. The wider apertures also enable the user to capture more light, hence getting clearer shots. The portrait mode is there as well and also there are great effects that you can use to enhance your pictures, like the studio lights, background blur etc. Dual Pixel autofocus enhances a high-quality picture while drastically improving focus speeds.
- You can record clear FHD videos of about 1080p at 30fps. There is EIS to stabilise footage. Here is the Video Sample of the Redmi Note 6 Pro-
- The front camera sports a 20MP(0.9μm, f/2.0 aperture)+2MP(1.75μm, f/2.2 aperture) dual camera with a depth sensor. The primary 20MP, AI-powered selfie shooter comes with an aperture of f/2.0. The clicked pictures are clear, with lots of details. The bokeh effect is quite good as well as the depth effect. The 4-in-1 Super Pixel helps the pictures to be brighter and crisp, hence resulting in great selfies. Note 6 Pro is the first Xiaomi smartphone with the dual front camera.
- With Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 octa-core processor, Android Oreo 8.1 with MIUI 10 on top, 6GB of RAM and 64GB of Internal storage, the performance of the phone is quite smooth even while playing heavy games. No lags were encountered while switching from one heavy app to another.
- With a large battery of about 4000 mAh, you can easily use your phone for a day and a half without charging it. Even with the heavy usage, the phone easily works for a full day without the need to charge it.
- Sensors in Redmi Note 6 Pro includes Face Unlock, Fingerprint sensor, an Accelerometer, Gyro sensor, Proximity sensor, and a Compass. The Fingerprint sensor is situated in the middle, at the back of the phone and is easy to reach as well as fast and accurate.
- There are two grills at the bottom. The sound quality of the speaker is really nice, the voice is loud and clear. The powerful speaker will enable you to enjoy your favorite music and movies without worrying about plugging in the earphones. Noise cancellation helps to reduce the noise of the surroundings.
Redmi Note 6 Pro: Cons
Here are the cons or the disadvantages of buying the Redmi Note 6 Pro-
- The notch at the top of the screen is quite big and looks a bit odd, even though it is sporting the dual front cameras.
- While taking pictures with the front camera in the indoor lighting condition, the user needs to be careful as it doesn’t come with any kind of stabilisation.
- Where new phones are now using new and fast processors, Xiaomi has disappointed with the use of same Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 as its predecessor. Even Xiaomi itself uses Snapdragon 660 in it’s MI phones that could have been a much better choice for Redmi Note 6 Pro. This means that the performance is not up to the mark as compared to the other phones in the market within the same budget.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro uses the old Micro USB port, instead of the new USB-C. USB-C features a new, smaller connector shape that’s reversible so it’s easier to plug in. USB-C cables can carry significantly more power, so they can be used to charge devices Fast as compare to Micro USB. They also offer up to double the transfer speed than Micro USB.
- The Note 6 Pro uses Hybrid SIM slot which means you can use two SIMs or one SIM and External Memory Card so that it means you can not use two SIMs and External Memory Card at the same time.
So this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro, read further for our final words on whether or not you should buy this smartphone.back to menu ↑
Final Thoughts on Redmi Note 6 Pro
Now comes the question of whether the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro is good enough to buy or not.
One major drawback of this phone is that it is using a bit slower processor than that of the other phones within this budget. But the difference is hardly noticeable as there are no lags or stutter even while playing heavy games like Asphalt 8 & PUBG due to powerful GPU which is GPU Adreno 509.
The Rear dual cameras are really great and Xiaomi has added cool effects as well, that will surely enhance your photography experience on this smartphone and also will be fun to experiment with.back to menu ↑
Like the Redmi Note 6 Pro? Buy now!
Redmi Note 6 Pro: Expert Score & User Ratings
- Vibrant and Vivid Display.
- Good battery life.
- Premium design.
- Good performance.
- Micro USB.
- old processer.
- Hybrid SIM slot.
This was the short Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Pros and Cons with the expert score.back to menu ↑
Redmi Note 6 Pro: [Best Price/Lowest Price Alert]
We hope you like our post “Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Pros and Cons” and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.