Oppo’s Realme U1 Pros and Cons: Solid Reasons to Change Your Mind
- Light and easy to use
- Dedicated microSD card slot
Realme U1 Pros and Cons: Solid Reasons to Change Your Mind
Oppo’s Realme has launched a new smartphone in an event last week. After the success of Realme 2 Pro, they have launched a magnificent Smartphone with great specs. U1 is going to be an Amazon exclusive Smartphone. you can buy this Smartphone from Amazon after 5th December. The device is going to have two variants a 3GB RAM/32GB ROM and 4GB RAM /64 GB of Internal storage. You can expand storage up to 256GB by using an external Memory card. The device is having a glass back which makes a great look and makes it a premium looking smartphone. U1 is a mid-range device with the price tag of Rs11,999.
Oppo’s Realme U1: New King of Mid-range Device
Realme has made a good market in India with its budget phones, so to continue with it, Realme had launched a new Mid Range phone. The Realme U1 forges a 6.3 inches Dewdrop notched Full HD+ display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2340 pixels at a PPI of 396 pixels per inch. This Smartphone is going to be a priority while buying a mid-range Smartphone due it’s stunning features. Mid-range phones like Nokia 6.1 Plus, Redmi Note 6 Pro, Honor 8X, and Realme 2 Pro are going to face tough competition with U1. Realme U1 will be available in 3 different colors which are Ambitious Black, Fiery Gold and Brave Blue.
The Realme U1 has been priced at Rs 11,999 for 3GB/32GB variant and Rs 13,999 for 4GB/64GB variant. The smartphone is going to sale on the 5th of December at 12 o’clock. U1 is having 25MP selfie camera which helps you to to take magnificent selfies. We are gonna see how the Realme U1 holds up against the competition and why should you choose it over other smartphones.
So, We have discussed Oppo’s Realme U1 pros and cons in detail so that you have a clear idea about the advantage and disadvantage of this phone.
Oppo’s Realme U1 Pros and Cons
- 6.3-inch Dewdrop Notch IPS-LCD Display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 13MP+2MP Primary Camera and 25MP Secondary Camera
- MediaTek Helio P70 SoC Octa-core (4×2.1 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- 3GB RAM with 32GB ROM and 4GB RAM with 64GB ROM
- Decent 3500 mAh Li-Ion Battery
Realme U1: Pros
Here are the pros or advantage to buying Realme U1-
- Realme U1 forges a 6.3-inches FHD+ IPS-LCD dewdrop notch display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and has round edges. It comes with 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution and at 409 PPI. The colors are very sharp and clear with wide viewing angle. There is 90.8% screen to body ratio with 19.5:9 aspect ratio which helps to reduce phone size and make it perfect for holding. The display occupies nearly the entire front of the phone. The display occupies nearly the entire front of the phone.
- The phone packs a 13MP (f/2.2) primary sensor +2MP (f/2.4) depth sensor rear camera setup with LED flash. Images clicked through the rear camera are smooth and clear both in daylight and lowlight. The contrast of the pictures is a bit high which gives pictures a high tone and unrealistic touch. The HDR mode clicks highly stable and clear pictures. A new feature is added in rear camera set which is Personalized Photography Delight which gives you an option of different light color while clicking photos. You are going to love slow motion videos captured by new Realme U1. Bokeh Effect works great and the image captured is great.
- The selfie shooter in Realme U1 has a 25 MP(f/2.0, 1/2.8″, 0.9µm) setup with no LED flash but still, the low light pictures are impressive. The AI feature adds a gentle touch and there is a minimal noise which enhances the quality of images. The HDR mode clicks highly stable and clear pictures. As the phone is a selfie camera based so they have added super vivid 2.0 and beauty+ options to make selfies better.
- Videos are recorded in Realme U1 at 1080p@30fps and 720p@90fps. The videos are highly stable and clear but a pinch of unrealistic which makes the quality shatter. There is no noise and shakiness while recording videos in sunlight or lowlight. The selfie camera records videos at 1080p@30fps.
- Realme U1 is powered with MediaTek Helio P70 SoC Octa-core (4×2.1 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53) CPU along with Mali-G72 MP3 GPU that gives a rigid backbone to the phone. The fast processor and ultimate GPU leads to high performance and great graphical interface. Games like PUBG and Modern Combat 5: Blackout without any heating issue or lag.
- Other features of the Realme U1 includes things like dual-band Wi-Fi b/g/n/ac, BT v4.2, 64GB of internal storage, expandable storage up to 256 GB, FM radio, Face unlocking, Rear mounted Fingerprint Sensor etc. For the included sensors, it comes with a proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, etc.
- U1 Comes with a powerful Li-Po 3500mAh battery which is powerful to run your device for one day easily.
- The phone runs on Android 8.1 OS and will soon get an update to Android 9 Pie which will avail many latest features for the consumers.
- The phone comes with a Glossy back with Ligh Pillar design which looks beautiful in hand an gives it an attractive look.
Realme U1: Cons
Here are the cons or disadvantage to buying Realme U1-
- Realme U1 has a plastic framework just like the Realme 2 Pro which makes it delicate to handle and more open to damages.
- The battery could have been more powerful seeking the other features and phones under the same price category.
- There is no option for fast charging so you have to sacrifice a proportion of time in refuelling the battery.
- It comes with a custom UI skin, so it also has its own disadvantages.
- The cameras are equipped with an AI feature which makes the images and videos more customized and unrealistic.
- The glass laminated back is grazed easily and is prone to slight damages.
- No EIS and OIS
- No 4K video recording.
So this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest Oppo’s Realme U1, read further for our final words on whether or not you should buy this smartphone.back to menu ↑
Final Thoughts on Realme U1
Realme U1 is one of the fame-stealer mid-budget phone which will give a direct competition to Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and similar phones like it. The phone jolts a solid hardware, powerful CPU and GPU, great cameras and attention seeking design which makes the phone special. The ample of space and dewdrop notch display are the highlight features of the phone. If you are willing to buy a mid-range phone, Realme U1 is definitely the option.
Still if you any doubt after going through the Oppo’s Realme U1 Pros and Cons, its conclusion then ask your question in the Comment and get Answer immediately.back to menu ↑
Realme U1: Price & Availability in India
Realme U1: Expert Score & User Ratings
- Light and easy to use
- Dedicated microSD card slot
- Below-average cameras
- Micro USB
This was a short Realme U1 Pros and Cons with the expert score.back to menu ↑
Realme U1: [Best/Lowest Price Alert]
We hope you like our post “Realme U1 Pros and Cons” and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.