Oppo Realme 1 Pros and Cons- Solid Reasons to Change your Mind
Oppo launches Realme sub-brand in India with a motto to capture low-range and mid-range smartphone market. Recently, Oppo launches Realme 1 smartphone to battle head to head with Redmi 5, Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1, Redmi Note 5 and more.
Oppo Realme 1 is highlighted because of its beautiful design and 18:9 near borderless display which comes in 2 variants that is 3 GB RAM + 32 GB ROM for price 8,999, and 6 GB RAM + 128 GB ROM for price 13,999.
Today, we are going to cover Oppo’s Realme 1 Pros and Cons which will help you to decide whether you have to buy this smartphone or not. Along with it, you will also come to know whether this phone is better than its competitor in this price range or not.
Oppo Realme 1 Pros and Cons
Oppo Realme 1: Key Highlights
- 13 MP Rear camera & 8 MP front camera with LED Flash
- 6-inch full-HD+ (1080×2160 pixels) display
- MediaTek Helio P60 processor
- 3 GB RAM + 32 GB ROM | 6 GB RAM + 128 GB ROM
- Color OS 5.0
- Dedicated sim slot
Realme 1: Pros or Reasons to Buy
- This phone comes with 8 MP front camera which is claimed to be AI based selfie camera. Its selfie camera automatically recognizes the person’s age, skin tone, skin type, and gender, and optimises image settings accordingly. In the outdoor and artificial lighting condition, this phone performs well. Also, the bokeh effect with front camera is on an average. If you a selfie lover and your budget lie in this range then Redmi Note 5 Pro is the best option. Recommended for Selfie Lover- Top 5 Best Selfie Sticks in India- 2018 [Expert Pick].
- It comes with 13 MP Rear camera features an AI based scene recognition due to which it recognizes object and scene in real time. It’s working is not that great but yes for the price, it is very good. In the Outdoor lighting condition, the captured picture was above average.
- Oppo implemented AR sticker which works decently and was fun to play with it. Moreover, Oppo can’t compete here with iPhone X.
- It comes with 6-inch full-HD+ (1080×2160 pixels) display with an aspect ratio of 18:9 which produces vibrant and sharp colour. Little-bit the viewing angle was disappointing but other than that everything was good here.
- It comes with stunning design and thanks to its fibreglass body with a glossy diamond-cut effect on the back. If you see the smartphone from the different angle, it will shine and will attract anybody attention. Thus, it is a most positive thing we like in smartphone.
- The size of the smartphone is the plus point here. It comes with 84.75 % screen-to-body ratio which makes it compact and easy to hold in hand. Also, the dimension of the Realme 1 and Oppo F7 is exactly same.
- In spite of being light in weight, the company didn’t comprise in the build quality. Realme 1 comes with a sturdy body.
- This phone comes with dedicated sim slot. Thus, you can use two Nano-SIMs and a microSD card together. Also, if you are facing problem with Hybrid sim slot on your older phone, then check out Solution for it- Use Dual Sim + microSD together, No more Hybrid Sim Slot Problem.
- Face unlock works well for most of the time.
- The processor used here is 12mm MediTek Helio P60 which is best for this price range. In performance wise, Realme 1 defeats Redmi note 5 pro and Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.
- Comes with Latest Android Version that is Android Oreo. Also, it has built-in Google Assistant which we love to use. Recommended for you – Experience Google Assistance to Awesome level with 100+ Ok Google Commands.
- Realme 1 comes with dual Wi-Fi band support. Thus, you can connect to 2.4 as well as 5.0 GHz network.
- In day to day multitasking, this phone shines like a star. Heavy gaming(Asphalt 8) experience is very good on this device.
- There was no Heating issue with this phone while heavy multitasking or gaming.
- In term of battery performance, this phone manages the whole day on moderate usage. But, if the battery is your priority then either you choose Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1(5000 mah) or go for a power bank. Recommended for you- Top 5 Best 20000 mAh Power banks in India- 2018 [Expert Pick].
- In term of pricing, this phone offers very good value and especially, the base-variant offers excellent value for your money.
Realme 1: Cons or Reason to not buy
- The Rear Camera doesn’t perform well in the low-lighting condition and also, the dynamic range was not upto the mark whereas the Front camera seems to struggle in the low-lighting condition.
- Some time pictures with AI powered camera(both rear & front) were artificial.
- The fingerprint sensor is missing. People who get used to it will feel absurd.
- The company didn’t say anything about Screen protection used on the display.
- The company didn’t use USB Type-C with this device. Thus, lacks Fast charging.
- Face unlock didn’t work in the direct sunlight and in low-lighting condition.
- There was no earphone along with the smartphone. Recommended for you- Top 5 Best Earphones under 500 Rs in India- 2018 and Top 10 Best Earphones under 1000 Rs in India- 2018.
- Color OS is not that optimized as MIUI or Oxygen OS.
So, this was the advantages and disadvantages of Realme 1, let’s head toward the final thought.back to menu ↑
Final Thought on Oppo Realme 1
Oppo Realme 1 features unique stunning design, great performance, good battery life, good display, a dedicated microSD card slot and good form factor. Apart from these, this phone lacks in some fields. Importantly, the phone comes with the average camera which only stops it from becoming best smartphone under 1000 rupees in India.
Oppo Realme 1: Expert Score and User Ratingsback to menu ↑
Like the Oppo Realme 1? Buy now!
Oppo Realme 1 [Best Price/Lowest Price Alert]
We hope you like our post “Oppo Realme 1 Pros and Cons” and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.
Our Hand Picked other Articles:
- Top 5 Best Smartwatches under 10000 Rs in India- 2018 [Expert Pick]
- Top 5 Best VR Headsets under 1500 to buy in India- 2018 [Expert Pick]
- 5 Best Earphones under 1500 Rs in India | Amazing Sound quality & Bass- 2018 [Expert Pick]
- Vivo V9 Pros and Cons: Top 19 Solid Reason to buy and Top 6 Reason to not buy
- Huawei P20 Pro with Pros and Cons: Top 18 Reasons to buy and Top 4 Reasons to not buy
- Stunning design
- Great performance
- Good battery life
- Good display
- Dedicated microSD card slot
- Good form factor
- Average Camera
- No Fingerprint
- Color OS could be optimize better