Oppo A83 Pros and Cons: Feels like All Rounder
Oppo A83 was launched recently in the month of December 2017. It is one of the leading brand in the smartphone which has makes its place in the market of smartphones with its selfie centric smartphones. This time Oppo has come up with Oppo A83 in which the company has focused on full screen design or 18:9 aspect screen ratio as well as Facial recognition. Today we will be covering topic Oppo a83 Pros and cons so that you get a better understanding about phone.
Oppo A83: Price in India and Availability
- This phone has 3GB RAM along with 32GB internal memory.
- It is powered by MediaTek Helio P23 SoC.
- It offers facial recognition lock pattern.
- With single camera module, flash is also available for selfies.
- Honor 7X (Review)
- Moto G5S Plus (Review)
- Xiaomi Mi A1 (Review)
- Billion Capture Plus (Review)
- Lenovo K8 Note (Review)
- Lenovo k8 plus (Review)
Or Check you can check out the rank here- Top 10 Best Phones under 15000 Rs in India Depth Review
Oppo A83 Pros and Cons: Review
Every phone has it’s own pros and cons and the same happen with this phone. Here we will be covering topic ‘Oppo A83 Pros and Cons’ and make easy for you to understand the advantages and disadvantages of the phone.
Oppo A83: Pros
- The front camera is 8MP with same f/2.2 aperture as in rear camera. You will not found any colours blown out of proportion when primary camera takes pictures in natural light. You will find the bokeh effect in the pictures of primary camera. Likewise, selfie camera is also able to capture good pictures.
- The rear camera is capable of full HD video in fine quality. It seems like via some stabilisation it is trying to show the jarring effect. In addition, the beauty mode of Oppo A83 will allow the user to smoothen the texture of skin and has been able to capture the face without any blemishes. Overall, the performance of camera is satisfactory. This 13MP rear camera is accompanied with LED flash. Autofocus also works well in good light.
- Design: It has packed the display of 18:9 into a compact form without turning this device into bulky device. It’s external appearance made up of polycarbonate shell which make the body lighter. Here, it is an advantage of polycarbonate shell exists as using aluminium material will aid only in increasing the weight of body only.
- The weight of the handset is 143 grams and is making this smartphone a lighter in the category of this price range of smartphones. However, one may feel weird as they notice a slightest bump in between body and display. Primary lens is located at the top of left hand side of Oppo A83 on the rear side.
- At the right side of Oppo A83, a dual SIM slot is available with micro SD tray(dedicated micro SD slot), just above the power button. Next to micro USB port, speaker is located along with 3.5 mm headphone jack. Individual will find quite comfortable in pressing their fingers on volume rockers button.
- Unlike all other OEMs, backside of Oppo A83 is not slippery at all. The box has come up with shell which adds the grip as well as protection.
- Display: It is featured with 5.7-inch HD+ (720×1440 pixels) IPS LCD display along with 282 PPI (pixels per inch) as pixel density which have 18:9 as the aspect ratio. The aspect ratio of 18:9 has become a standard for this segment smartphones. It is offering vivid and natural color reproduction and thanks to the IPS display. You will not find difficulty for reading content in direct sunlight and there is always a minimal shift in viewing angles in the terms of colours. The display of 5.7 inch compliments the compact form of this smartphone. It has come up with already pre-installed night mode and it be set for either manual or auto mode. The feature of auto brightness adjusts the brightness of screen as per the availability of light conditions.
- Performance: Oppo A83 is equipped with octa-core MediaTek MT6763T Helio P23 processor which is clocked at 2.5GHz and is coupled with Mali-G71 MP2 GPU as well as 3GB of RAM. This 3 GB RAM is sufficient for performing everyday tasks such as watching videos, browsing on web and much more. The games are also playable without any lag.
- Battery: Oppo A83 is packed with 3180mAh battery and is offering battery for 1 day with normal usage.
- Operating System: The Custom ROM of Oppo A83 has many resemblances to iOS. It has come up with many preloaded apps like Music player app, Weather app, File manager, Video app, Theme Store, Oppo AppStore and Phone Manager. It also has preloaded Google suite of apps.
- Oppo A83 is supporting 4G Volte connectivity along with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 and GPS and GLONASS.
- It is featuring the facial unlock which is quite a good one for this mid range smartphones but it is not safe as iPhone X’s facial recognition.
Bonus: As you visit here, we give you a suggestion of Best phone under 15,000 and that is Honor 7x (Review).
Oppo A83: Cons
- On the rear side of Oppo A83, you will miss the presence of fingerprint scanner which is usually present in most of the smartphones of this range.
- The Oppo A83 has come up with cutting of resolution of display as most of the smartphones are coming up with resolution of 1080×2160 pixels. This difference of resolution is not noticeable when you are viewing something normal but the difference is noticeable when one watches videos on You Tube or HD videos. Oppo should look for the reason why it has lowered the resolution in spite of offering higher resolution. Presence of IPS display cannot compromise the absence of true black as well as contrasts which are capable on OELD screens. You will surely feel the absence of options of manual screen calibration like DCI-P3 and RGB mode.
- It uses the feature of auto enhance when picture is taken in very low light. The quality of degradation is visible when one zoomed out the pictures.
- You will miss the bokeh effect in the case of primary camera.
- Oppo A83 has no support for the purpose of quick charging. But it will take around 2 hours until it is fully charged.
- Oppo ships android 7.1.1 Nougat in Oppo a83.
- As company has not clear anything related to screen protection, so user are suggested to use tempered glass for protection purpose.
- It is not so much efficient in handling multitasks.
- NFC is not present.
- Earphone inside the box was not up to the mark so better you go with the best list of the earphones under 1000 and 500. Check it out- Top 5 Best Earphones under 500 Rs in India and Top 10 Best Earphones under 1000 Rs in India.
Conclusion: Oppo A83
Oppo A83 is worth of competition in the market as feels like a all rounder in the Indian Market. It is a smartphone which is good for general purpose but not for those who loves to play heavy game or take lot of pictures via rear camera. It is for those who needs battery backup, clicking good selfies and general multitasking. If you are still confuse then we suggest you to go via this- Top 10 Best Phones under 15000 Rs in India Depth Review.
- Slim Design
- 18:9 Full Vision Display
- Selfie worth Sharing
- Good Battery Life
- No fingerprint Sensor
- No Screen Protection
- No Bokeh Effect via Rear Camera
Didn't find the right price? Set price alert below
So here we complete Oppo A83 Pros and Cons and still you have doubt reagarding merits and demerits then ask via comment.
Hand Picked other articles:
- 1More Piston Fit in-ear Headphone with Mic Review: Best Earphone Under 1000?
- Envent Livetune 505 Bluetooth Earphone: Unboxing and Full in-depth Review
- Evidson B3 in-ear headphone Review: Unboxing with in-depth Review
- TaoTronics TT-BH10 Wireless Bluetooth in-ear headphone: Unboxing, and Full in-depth Review
- 1More Piston Classic in-ear Headphone: In-depth Review
- 1MORE Single Driver in-ear headphone with mic: in-Depth Review
- Boult Audio Rhythm Wired HD Around-ear headphones: Unboxing and Full in-depth Review