OnePlus 6 Pros and Cons- Solid Reasons to Change your Mind
The Flagship Killer OnePlus 6 has arrived and claims to give us all the speed we need in a phone. With a tempting price tag and flagship features offered in this phone you must be wanting to know more about it so that you can decide whether it fits your requirements or not. And that’s why we are here, we will be diving into the details of the OnePlus 6, and list out all the pros and cons you should consider before you buy it.
The OnePlus 6 is in direct competition with Honor 10, Samsung Galaxy A8, Nokia 8 Sirocco etc. But the OnePlus 6 has some unique offerings that set it apart from its competition. With the pricing, a little bit weird, the OnePlus 6 still managed to impress us and we will tell you in what ways, so that you can decide easily whether to buy it or not.
OnePlus 6 Pros and Cons
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on both front and back glass panels
- 6/8GB RAM 64/128/256GB ROM coupled with Snapdragon 845 Octa-Core CPU
- 6.3″ Optic AMOLED FHD+ Resolution Display with Gesture Controls
- 3300mAh Battery with Dash Charge(quick charge)
- Water Resistant body with NFC
- 16MP+20MP Fast Click Rear Camera and 16 MP front camera
OnePlus 6: Pros or Reasons to buy
These are the positive things about the phone
- The OnePlus brand has always delivered well built devices and the OnePlus 6 is no exception. The full glass body has a premium in-hand feel. The glass body is Corning Gorilla Glass protected so you don’t have to worry about a shattered back or display. The glass back reflects colours and shadows for a very artistic effect.
- The fingerprint sensor is very responsive and has to be one of the fastest in the market. It is placed very appropriately and we didn’t have to awkwardly move our fingers to reach it.
- The display on the OnePlus 6 is a beauty, an excellent optic AMOLED display with FHD+ resolution, it delivers great viewing quality and doesn’t disappoint at all. The screen too is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and 2.5D edge cruves.
- The notch-style display makes more screen available for use and adds to the already amazing display. The viewing angles are great and sunlight readability is also not a problem.
- The OnePlus 6 is truly a performance monster. The Snapdragon 845 is a blazing fast processor with Octa-Core setup. This, coupled with 6-8GB of RAM, delivers swift multitasking and lag-free gaming. We tested quite a few heavy games like Asphalt 8 and PUBG and this phone handled them with ease even at extreme loads.
- The phone does not heat up even during long gaming hours or heavy multitasking and remains at stable temps throughout. The OnePlus 6 is the only phone in this price to feature a Snapdragon 845 which makes it quite unique.
- The OnePlus 6 features all necessary sensors like accelerometer, proximity sensor, compass, ambient light sensor, gyro sensors and a few more like the gyro-EIS and NFC.
- The dual camera setup on the rear of the OnePlus 6 can take very nice and sharp daylight photos with great amounts of detail. The 16MP+20MP setup allows for great portraits and colour reproduction is perfect in well lit situations with ample supply of natural lighting.
- The rear camera sports both OIS and EIS which is a huge plus point. It produces better and crispier videos, which can be shot upto 4K resolution at 60fps. The end results are greatly detailed stable videos. You can check video samples in this video by Danny Winget-
- The front camera is a 16MP shooter with EIS and auto-HDR. The selfies come out great and the front bokeh also works fine most of the times. You can capture more details thanks to a wider aperture and larger pixels. If you need to capture wider shots we recommend getting a selfie stick, read here- Top 5 Best Selfie Sticks in India
- There is no front flash but screen flash is present, while on the rear camera there is a dual LED flash.
- There is a single loudspeaker grille at the bottom with Dirac HD sound and also 3.5mm Jack is present and the mic sports active noise cancellation.
- The phone does not feel heavy at all even though it packs quite a punch. It weighs in at about 177gms which is not too light that it feels cheap and not too heavy to seem like a burden. It sits comfortably in the sweet spot.
- The Dash Charge feature gives you about 60% charge in 30 minutes which is a great convenience and saves a lot of charge time.
- The Oxygen OS from OnePlus has a great UI and doesn’t mask the stock Android experience to a great extent with little bloatware. It comes with the latest android 8.1 update and is entitled to receive future android security patches and updates.
OnePlus 6: Cons or Reasons not to buy
These are the negative things about the phone
- Average Low-Light Camera Performance. Even though the OnePlus 6 dual camera setup delivers excellent daylight shots, the story changes drastically during night time or low light conditions. The pictures come out hazy, poorly detailed, and incorrect colour reproduction when there is scarce light and this is something we have seen consistently in all OnePlus phones. They need to work on their low-light camera performance.
- The portrait mode is still hit and miss. The portrait mode, introduced with the 5 and 5T devices has seen some improvements but it still is a case of hit and miss, delivering amazing portraits in natural lighting and poor bokeh in low light.
- There is no expandable storage option. You are stuck with whatever storage the company provides you with. This is a very wrong trend that is being followed by many brands, shunning the SD card slot. Users want the extra storage when their phone runs out of space rather than emptying it every time that happens.
- The battery life is not so good, with the phone running out of juice after a whole day of moderate usage. If you are a heavy user then we recommend you to buy a power bank. We recommend these power banks- Top 5 Best power Banks Under Rs 1500 in India
- OnePlus 6 is only water resistant and not waterproof which is a huge setback at this price point. The phone is safe only from light splashes but cannot be dropped in water as there is no IP rated waterproofing. If you want to know more about IP rating read- IP67 vs IP68: IP Rating Waterproofing Explained
- The OnePlus 6 sports a glass back but still lacks wireless charging which should have been included to add to its list of features.
So this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest OnePlus 6, read further for our final words on whether or not you should buy this smartphone.back to menu ↑
Final Thoughts on OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6 is the fastest phone in the market right now, under 40,000. It delivers blazing fast performance, great daylight shots and OK battery life. It only lacks in low light photography and storage expandability. If you are ready to overlook these minor setbacks then this is definitely the device for you and deserves every penny that it costs.back to menu ↑
Like the OnePlus 6? Buy now!
OnePlus 6: Expert Score and User Ratings
- Superfast Snapdragon 845
- Beautiful FHD+ Display
- Dual Rear Cameras
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Dash Charge
- No Waterproofing
- Average Low-Light Camera Shots
- Not so Good Battery Life
- No SD-Card Slot
OnePlus 6 [Best Price/Lowest Price Alert]
We hope you like our post “OnePlus 6 Pros and Cons” and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.
Other Handpicked Articles You Might Like
- Best Gaming Mouse -2018 (with Buying Guide)
- Top 5 Best Earphones Under Rs 500 in India-2018
- Top 5 Best Earphones Under Rs 1500 in India-2018
- 10 Best Earphones Under Rs 1000 in India-2018
- Top 5 Best Smartphones Under Rs 25000 in India-2018
- Top 5 Best Smartphones Under Rs 15000 in India-2018
- 5 Best Smartphones Under Rs 5000 in India-2018
- Top 5 Best Smartphones Under Rs 10000 in India-2018
- OnePlus 6T Pros and Cons