Nokia 6.1 Pros and Cons- Solid Reasons to Change Your Mind
The New launch of Nokia 6.1 is all set to compete in the Android market. Nokia has come up with the new improved version of its earlier one, Nokia 6. Let us leap into the details of it, about the looks and design. How it differs from its competitors and its own previous version of Nokia 6. With our detailed report, you could make up your mind and decide for yourself how the phone excels with its pros and cons.
Here are the Nokia 6.1 Pros and Cons
- 5.5” (13.97 cm) IPS full-HD display with Corning GorillaGlass 3
- 16 MP PDAF rear camera with ZEISS optics and 8 MP front camera
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 Octa-Core 2.2GHz Processor.
- 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of ROM (expandable)
- 3000 mAh Battery
Nokia 6.1: Pros or Reasons to buy
Here are the Pros of Nokia 6.1-
- Amazing build quality which picks our eyes, Nokia is known to build their phones like a tank and 6.1 is no exception. The body is being carved out of a single block of 6000 series aluminium making the edges chamfered giving it a classy and more masculine look. Overall the phone feels sturdy. It does compete with the new contenders like the Moto G6 series with their sleek glass-and-metal construction. The fingerprint scanner is located at the back of the phone and sits inside the unibody design. The style and colour variant which would be the showstopper is the Black with the Copper rim uplifts the classiness. The back panel which is anodized holds a long Zeiss-branded camera and flash opening, which protrudes a little.
- Rear Camera, it may not come with the options like the AI or Dual Camera setup which its competitor handsets, but with the Carl Zeiss lens and native Android camera app we could click some amazing and beautiful pictures. The 16 MP samples look rich in details and accurate with the contrast and colours and the white balance. Another bonus is the really good stereo recording on the video side and it does do the 4k recording. Here is the camera sample of the Nokia 6.1 from gsmarena samples-
- Front camera comes with the wide angle and gives an option of perfectly good selfies. The phone can click impressive pictures and you can capture great Bokeh images.
- The 5.5-inch FHD display is bright enough in the sunlight and the colours whereas saturation and decent enough. The display is protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- When it comes to performance, Nokia has made quite a big change with respect to the processor. With Nokia 6 last year, it had Snapdragon 430 SoC it was a little underpowered and this time it is upgraded to Snapdragon 630 SoC with a clock speed of 2.2 GHz time. HMD assured to have the performance boosted by 60% over its predecessor. The device is perfect for playing games and multitasking without any hassles.
- The 3000 mAH battery is packed for a long-lasting life which comes around 10 hrs. Though it isn’t the best when compared to Moto X4 battery life. The benefit of having the Type-C USB port enables a quick charging which reaches half in just half an hour.
- All major sensors including the Proximity sensor and the Gyroscope are available in the device. HMD also updates us with few more feature added to the device, you can find Bluetooth 5 on board, as well as NFC.
- There is no Heating issue while playing games or doing heavy multitasking.
- Currently running on the Android Oreo 8.0, Nokia promises to give future software updates.
- The quality of the call in the phone is really good, it is sufficiently loud enough, crisp and clear too.
Nokia 6.1: Cons or Reasons not to buy
Here are the cons of the Nokia 6.1–
- The display is of 5.5 inches with the old 16:9 aspect ratio. The phones in this price range and mid-ranges have moved on to new 18:9 aspect ratio with smaller bezels at the top and bottom. Nokia 6.1 has huge bezels and also comes with onscreen buttons. These aspects give it a conventional look and feel.
- The design has a glitch, being glossy and with a slightly rounded design, it is susceptible to slip off your hands or even fall straight off your table if it is placed face-down.
- The device features the single camera on the front and a single camera in the rear, which again does not take it to compete with the other devices which have the dual camera-set-up, Portrait mode for the front camera. There is a bit struggle with the lightings in the camera. We get a blown-out and overexposed images when clicked on brighter and sunny days. and also, in low light, some areas seem to be blurred and even disappeared.
- The hybrid sim slot seems a bit disappointing as the 2 sims cannot be used when we want the SD card placed in one of the slots. With the hybrid slot, either the SD or the sim could be inserted. If you are planning to use both the sims at the same time, then this device is a difficult choice for you.
- The definite competitor is the MI A1, with a sleeker and lighter design, it too comes with the unibody metal design and a dual camera setup on the rear.
- Fingerprint placement. Fingerprint location is not that accessible, as it located below the long Zeiss-branded camera. Every time, you would want to use the fingerprint scanner, you would have to stretch a bit to access it.
- The buttons on Nokia 6.1 is placed on the right side, which is made of metal and gives a good look. But unfortunately, they are not elevated enough, this makes it difficult to press them while required. This could be fixed with a good case, but as of now, we could not find any accessories for this phone.
- We all love music and the sound quality is something we look forward to. Last year’s Nokia 6 offered stereo speakers, but this year’s Nokia 6.1 simply doesn’t. It’s a step down for the music lovers this time.
- The user interface feels a little snappy. As we know from the markets, it is not a flagship phone, it took longer to open the games and we would need to tome down the graphics for heavy games such as PUBG.
So this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest Nokia 6.1, read further for our final words on whether or not you should buy this smartphone.back to menu ↑
Final Thoughts on Nokia 6.1
For the Nokia lovers, it is a nice move for Nokia to be back in the Smartphone market, with its launches. It has come up with some welcoming updates and has come up with full potential to give a tough competition to its competitors. With the features like, powerful processor and a huge RAM, we feel it is worth buying.
However, with phones like the Mi A1, Motorola Moto G6, and the Honor 7X, Nokia 6.1 doesn’t quite measure up, which is unfortunate. Nokia 6.1, despite missing out on the bezel-less trend it does fall under the beautifully crafted phones.
Still if you any doubt after going through the Nokia 6.1 Pros and Cons, then ask your question in the Comment and get Answer immediately.back to menu ↑
Like the Nokia 6.1? Buy now!
Nokia 6.1: Expert Score and User Ratings
- Excellent build quality
- Great design
- Bright display
- Above par performance
- Superb battery life and standby times
- Poor low-light camera performance
- Not bezel-less
- Awkwardly placed fingerprint scanner
- Buttons aren’t tactile enough
This was the short Nokia 6.1 Pros and Cons with the expert score.back to menu ↑
Nokia 6.1 [Best Price/Lowest Price Alert]
We hope you like our post “Nokia 6.1 Pros and Cons” and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.
Also, If you are looking for other high-quality Tech reviews or list of best gadgets then google it like “best phones under 10000 topbestof” or “best earphones under 1000 topbestof”, “Nokia 7.1 topbestof” or in general “what you want + topbestof”.