Nokia 6.1 Plus Pros and Cons- Solid Reasons to Change your Mind
After HMD has bought Nokia, they are trying best to make their comeback again in the market. The Nokia 6.1 Plus is a step toward it. Their aim is to expand their market in 2018 with their smartphones.
In India, it went on sale on 30 August 2018. The new Nokia 6.1 plus comes with a notch like all major phones released in 2018. Its price starts at Rs 15,999. Is the price fair for these specifications or it lacks behind the phones in this range?
We have discussed Nokia 6.1 Plus pros and cons in detail to help you build a decision about this phone.
Here are the Nokia 6.1 Plus Pros and Cons
- 8 inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen+ 19:9 aspect ratio+ Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Primary: 16+5 MP and Front: 16 MP
- Octa-core Snapdragon 636
- Genuinely lightweight as compared to other devices
- 3060mAh battery that lasts long
Nokia 6.1 Plus: Pros or Reasons to buy
Here are the pros of the Nokia 6.1 Plus-
- The Nokia 6.1 plus comes in a very attractive design with glass on both the front and back of the mobile phone and an aluminium metal frame. The Nokia phones were famous for their built quality and the Nokia 6.1 Plus did justice with this statement too. It is built very well with the use of aluminium and glass.
- The display of the phone is a 5.8-inch FHD IPS display which comes with 1080×2280 pixels. The phone allows multi-touch and provides an aspect ratio of 19:9. It gets enough bright so that you can work easily outdoors.
- The screen is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3, so it will save your phone from falls.
- The phone is provided with a 16MP PDAF with a lens of f/2.0 which is supported with a 5MP with a lens of f/2.4 that provides some best shots in daylight and can even shoot good shots in low light too. The camera is so good and can easily record videos in 4k. It also comes with dual LED flash.
- The front camera of the phone is a 16MP camera with a lens of f/2.0 aperture. It is able to capture portrait images very efficiently in both indoor and outdoor conditions. Video recording is good, which is up to 1080p. Here is the Video sample of Nokia 6.1 Plus from gsmarena samples-
- The phone is equipped with an octa-core Snapdragon 636 processor which provides a smooth run and works very efficiently. The phone runs high-end games effortlessly and smoothly. This phone doesn’t heat too much while playing games and maintains the temperature of the phone easily.
- The phone runs on Android 8.1 Oreo which is going to have regular updates as said by the company.
- The 3060mAh battery of the phone is ready to serve you all day long and can give you around 10 hours of usage. The phone supports a quick charging system and comes with a USB Type C jack.
- The sound quality of the speakers is good. They do not lose much quality when they are played at high volume. They are sharp and do the job very effectively. The call speaker is crisp. It provides good quality sound even when you are on call.
- The phone is loaded with all the major sensors like accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass etc.
- Dual sight is present on the Nokia 6.1 Plus. By this feature, you can click images with front and rear camera at the same time which is quite interesting.
- The phone also provides fingerprint sensor at the back which is easy to reach. And unlock the phone within a second.
- Comes with all new latest features like dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5, etc.
Nokia 6.1 Plus: Cons or Reasons not to buy
Here are the cons of the Nokia 6.1 Plus-
- The glass at the back of the phone makes it difficult for the user to hold it easily. It is a bit of slippery and marks are left on the back which makes it look unclean. You have to use a back cover for better handling of the phone.
- Hybrid sim slot. Either you can use both the sim cards or you can use one sim card and memory card which is quite unexpected.
- The edge detection while using the portrait mode is not good. They need to work on their AI so that it can work better. As of now, it lacks edge detection.
- The camera also faces some struggles with the autofocus at times.
- Quick charge is included as one of the features of the phone but the company didn’t bundle the Fast Charger along with the phone.
So this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest Nokia 6.1 Plus, read further for our final words on whether or not you should buy this smartphone.
Final Thoughts on Nokia 6.1 Plus
The phone is designed very effectively and comes with some solid hardware. But even though there are some things which pull them back. The camera quality at this price is lower than other company like Xiamoi and Motorola. If you are a Nokia lover than this phone is not going to let you down as they have improved it much than the previous Nokia 6.1.
Still if you any doubt after going through the Nokia 6.1 Plus Pros and Cons, its conclusion then ask your question in the Comment and get Answer immediately.back to menu ↑
Like the Nokia 6.1 Plus? Buy now!
Nokia 6.1 Plus: Expert Score and User Ratings
- Android One and no software bloat
- Sleek and compact
- Vibrant display
- Great performance
- Low-light camera performance could be better
- Fast charger not bundled
- No face Unlock
This was the short Nokia 6.1 Plus Pros and Cons with the expert score.back to menu ↑
Nokia 6.1 Plus [Best Price/Lowest Price Alert]
We hope you like our post “Nokia 6.1 Plus Pros and Cons” and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.
Other Handpicked Articles:
|In The Box||Handset, Nokia USB Type-C Charger, Charging / Data Cable, Quick Guide, SIM Door Key, Headset|
|Model Name||6.1 Plus|
|SIM Type||Dual Sim|
|Hybrid Sim Slot||Yes|
|Sound Enhancements||2 Microphones|
|Display Size||5.8 inch|
|Resolution||2280 x 1080 pixels|
|Other Display Features||19:9 w/ Notch, Corner R, Gorilla Glass 3 CG|
|OS & Processor Features|
|Operating System||Android Oreo 8.1.0|
|Processor Type||Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Octacore|
|Processor Core||Octa Core|
|Primary Clock Speed||1.8 GHz|
|Operating Frequency||2G: GSM Band - 850/900/1800, 3G: WCDMA Band - 1/5/8, 4G: FDD LTE Band - 1/3/5/8, TDD LTE - Band 40/41|
|Memory & Storage Features|
|Internal Storage||64 GB|
|Expandable Storage||400 GB|
|Supported Memory Card Type||microSD|
|Memory Card Slot Type||Hybrid Slot|
|Primary Camera Available||Yes|
|Primary Camera||16MP + 5MP|
|Primary Camera Features||1.0um + 1.12um, f2.0, AF, HDR (High Dynamic Range) Photography and AI Assistance Beauty Shot, Selfie Bokeh, Live Bokeh, Panorama, HDR, Hybrid Zoom (Digital), Spot Color, Color and Mono, Slow-motion Video|
|Secondary Camera Available||Yes|
|Secondary Camera Features||1.0um, f/2.0|
|Flash||Rear Dual Tone Flash and Front Display Flash|
|Full HD Recording||Yes|
|Video Recording Resolution||2160p, 1080p, 720p|
|Dual Camera Lens||Primary Camera|
|Network Type||4G, 3G, 2G|
|Supported Networks||GSM, UMTS, WCDMA, 4G LTE|
|Internet Connectivity||4G, 3G, Wi-Fi, EDGE|
|Wi-Fi Version||802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz)|
|Audio Jack||3.5mm Stereo Headset Connector|
|Map Support||Google Maps|
|SIM Size||Dual Nano SIM|
|Sensors||Fingerprint Reader (On the Back), Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, E-compass, Gyroscope|
|Other Features||4G LTE (Cat 4), Video Playback, USB Type-C|
|Battery & Power Features|
|Battery Capacity||3060 mAh|
|Warranty Summary||Brand Warranty of 1 Year Available for Mobile and 6 Months for Accessories|