Motorola Moto Z2 Pros and Cons- Solid Reasons to Change your Mind
Launched on 1st November 2017 Moto Z2 Force has finally made its way to the Indian market. Motorola owned by Lenovo already has a history of making compelling phones for its fans. Implementing the Shatter shield technology which prevented the phone’s screen from breaking has attracted more fans and got fans more excited. The Moto Z2 Force have come toe to toe with One plus 5T, as both Smartphone trying to deliver their best to their fans.
Although with its delayed release in India the flagship still has its fan excited, following the similar aesthetics of the Moto Z2 Play, the Moto Z2 Force continues the tradition of Moto Mods Compatibility.
Motorola has priced its flagship, the Moto Z2 Force at Rs 34,999 which comes with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. The device comes bundled with a Turbo Mod worth Rs 8,000 which provided covers the fact that it has a small battery.
Motorola’s or Lenovo’s Moto Z2 Force will be shown the same love as we do to every other Smartphone out there, we will be discussing its Pros and Cons up to the core in specific details as we mover further.
Motorola Moto Z2 Pros and Cons
Before we go for the pros and cons of Moto Z2 Force, have a glance at highlights-
- Front camera: 5MP camera with Dual LED flash.
- Rear camera: Dual 12 MP+ 12 MP cameras with dual LED flash.
- 2.4 GHz Snapdragon 835 chipset.
- 5.5 Inch POLED QHD display.
- 2730 mAh battery.
- Android Oreo 8.0.
back to menu ↑
Moto Z2 Force: Pros or Reasons to buy
- Front Camera: The Moto Z2 force features a 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture delivering “decent “ quality images the dual tone LED flashlight came in handy in low lighting/artificial lighting.
- Rear Camera: The Dual 12MP + 12MP (f/2.0) camera out of which, one Camera acts as a Monochrome sensor bringing details and the other Camera acts as an RGB sensor capturing the colour information which together delivers improved picture quality without adding much noise. The image quality is good in terms of dynamic range; colour processing and details rendered are also up to the mark. The Rear camera stands out very well in artificial and low lighting conditions. The sensors do their job well in capturing the details and colour contrast in low and artificial lighting condition. The camera comes with a couple of gestures included as well which comes in handy.
- The Rear Camera also had the portrait/bokeh mode which did a good job in blurring the “out of focus” part and delivering a DSLR like photograph. However, the edge detection was not that impressive but decent enough to get the job done. We hope Lenovo fixes this via an update.
- The HDR mode further improves the dynamic range delivering more depth and contrast to the picture.
- The phone comes with EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization) delivering videos with fewer Jittes and less shaky effects. The Smartphone allows shooting videos at 4K @ 30 FPS. Here is the 4K video recording sample of Moto Z2 Force with Stabilization from phonearena-
- The flagship’s 5.5 inch Quad HD POLED screen delivers vibrant colors. The highlight of the Moto Z2 Force being the 5 layer shatter shield display protected the display from cracking/shattering; the device survived high distance falls without even getting a scratch left behind on it. It didn’t suffer the colour shifting problem as Google Pixel 2 and LG V30+(Review) do.
- This Smartphone featured an 8 core Snapdragon 835 which pairing with its 4GB RAM allowed neat and smooth multitasking.
- The powerful processor which coupled with the Adreno 540 graphics allows lag-free gaming even on heavy games like Asphalt 8 and Modern Combat 5 making it a gamer’s friendly phone. Motorola allows its users to use the MOTO GAMING MOD which made playing games a lot more fun and convenient giving users a console like feeling while playing games.
- The Moto Z2 Force carries the tradition of Moto Mods which allows the user to choose from a variety of Mods which includes Mods like, Projector Mod which allows users to cast their screen like a projector, Sound Boost Mod which allows users to use their phone as a loud Music speaker, or the stock turbo Mod which helps users carry some extra battery juice, etc.
- Motorola has followed the trend of providing the usual stock android feel and experience even with the Moto Z2 Force. Allowing users to enjoy stock like android UI.
- The phone comes with a 2730 mAh battery which lasts up to one whole day on moderate use. However, hooking the Turbo MOD on the device gives up to roughly 3 days of moderate use.
- The fingerprint sensor is located on the front bottom side. The fingerprint is very responsive and could be tapped on, to unlock as well as lock the device.
- The metal body of the Moto Z2 Force is made of aluminium 7000 which makes it sturdy. The overall build quality is pretty sleek; the Moto Z2 Force weighs only 143 grams which makes it very light and the width of the device is about 6.1mm thick making it the slimmest flagship Smartphone out here.
- The phone supports Turbo Charging and comes with a Turbo Charger in the box, allowing fast charging. The Turbo Mod which comes bundled with the phone also supports Turbo Charging and can also be charged separately.
- The phone temperatures remain ideal ranging between 27-37 °C. The device does not overheat even on heavy gaming or while charging the phone.
- The phone is provided with all the necessary sensors required, one of which being the Gyroscope which allowed VR fans to enjoy VR games and videos.
- The Phone comes with a nano-coating that can withstand the occasional splashes of water. We would have loved the phone even more if Motorola included IP67 or IP68 water resistance.
- The addition of Moto voice is also handy due to its “show me” command. But hey! … Trust us you will prefer the Google assistant over it because it gets the job done pretty well and is much more widely known in terms of voice AI. Although we can consider the Moto voice as addition to the phones gimmick.
- The device comes with USB-C port which helps in fast data transfer.
- The call quality was decent on 4G as well as on VOLTE.
Moto Z2 Force: Cons or Reasons to not buy
- Front Camera: Talking about the “decent” camera of the Moto Z2 Force. The Phones front camera is very disappointing, considering it is a flagship phone whereas phones in the same budget segment like the One Plus 5T comes with a 16 MP selfie camera delivers their fans with beautiful and high-quality selfies. I won’t recommend this device to any of our selfie lovers out there.
- Rear Camera: The camera offers good shots but takes a while to autofocus and as a result, you will lose out the moment shots.
- The Phone did not have any notification LED which was disappointing as well because, most Smartphones like the Redmi Note 5, the Redmi Note 5 Pro, etc; comes with a notification LED light embedded.
- The screen bezel is thick and looks outdated when compared to One Plus 5T which comes with a near borderless screen and is available in the same price segment.
- Moto Z2 Force has no dedicated headphone jack because of its slim body build, instead comes with a headphone converter.
Except outdoor and artificial lighting conditions, the camera suffer a bit. The Phone does not offer the best camera for a flagship phone and would not be recommended to those who are looking for a Smartphone with a good camera. The Phone comes head to head with its competitor One Plus 5T but the One Plus 5T takes the lead in terms of camera performance and some other aspects too. Although, the phone does take the lead in terms of providing its user’s freedom choose from a variety of Moto Mods which can be fun to play around with. We would highly recommend the Moto Z2 Force to those who have a history of dropping phones and cracking them. The Moto Z2 Force still remains one of the slimmest flagship Smartphones and the Shatter shield display makes the Moto Z2 Force one of a kind.
- OnePlus 5T Pros and Cons: Top 11 Solid Reason to buy & Top 3 Reason to not buy it
- Honor View 10 Pros and Cons: Top 13 Solid Reason to buy & Top 8 Reason to not buy
- Nokia 7 Launched: Price in India, Full Specifications and More
Moto Z2 Force [Expert Score] & User Rating
- Very Slim just 6.1 mm
- Light in weight
- Sturdy Build Quality
- Vivid Display
- Good Performance
- Bundled Turbo Mod (Scroll down to know more)
- Decent Front Camera
- Focusing takes time
- No dedicated headphone jack
Like Moto Z2 Force? Buy Nowback to menu ↑
Moto Z2 Force Best Price [Lowest Price Alert]
We hope you like our post “Motorola Moto Z2 Force Pros and Cons” and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.
Hand Picked other Articles:
- Redmi Note 5 Pro Review with Pros and Cons: Unbeatable Phone for the price Rs 15000
- Redmi Note 5 Pros and Cons: Top 18 Reasons to buy and Top 7 Reason not to buy
- Envent BoomBud ET-BTHD001-BK Bluetooth Headphone Review with Expert Score
- 1More Piston Fit in-ear Headphone with Mic Review: Best Earphone Under 1000?
- Envent Livetune 505 Bluetooth Earphone: Unboxing and Full in-depth Review
- 1MORE Single Driver in-ear headphone with mic: in-Depth Review 2018
- 1More iBFree Bluetooth in-Ear headphone: Unboxing, in-Depth Review 2018
- Boult Audio Rhythm Wired HD Around-ear headphones: Unboxing and Full in-depth Review
- Boult Audio Curve Neckband Wireless Bluetooth 4.2 Magnetic Earphone with Mic
|In The Box||Handset, User Manual, 15W Turbo Charger, Charging and Data Transfer 3.5mm to USB-C Headphone Port Adapter|
|Model Name||Moto Z2 Force|
|SIM Type||Dual Sim|
|Hybrid Sim Slot||Yes|
|Sound Enhancements||Front-ported Loud Speaker, 3 Microphones|
|Display Size||5.5 inch|
|Resolution||2560 x 1440 Pixels|
|Resolution Type||Quad HD|
|Other Display Features||POLED ShatterShield|
|OS & Processor Features|
|Operating System||Android Oreo 8.0|
|Processor Type||Qualcomm Snapdragon 835|
|Processor Core||Octa Core|
|Primary Clock Speed||2.35 GHz|
|Operating Frequency||GSM/GPRS/EDGE: (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), UMTS/HSPA+: (B1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 19), 4G LTE: (B1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40)|
|Memory & Storage Features|
|Internal Storage||64 GB|
|Expandable Storage||2 TB|
|Supported Memory Card Type||microSD|
|Memory Card Slot Type||Hybrid Slot|
|Primary Camera Available||Yes|
|Primary Camera||12MP + 12MP|
|Primary Camera Features||Dual 12MP IMX 386 Sensors - 1 Bayer, 1 Clear, f2.0, 1.25micrometer, Depth Detection and Depth Effects, Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL), Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF), Laser Auto Focus, Closed Loop Actuator, Professional Mode|
|Secondary Camera Available||Yes|
|Secondary Camera Features||f/2.2 Aperture, Wide Angle 85Degree Lens, Auto Night Mode, Beautification Software, Professional Mode|
|Flash||Rear Color Correlated Temperature (CCT) Dual LED Flash, Front Flash|
|Full HD Recording||Yes|
|Video Recording Resolution||2160p|
|Frame Rate||480p (30fps), 720p (120fps), 1080p (30fps), 4K (30fps) fps|
|Dual Camera Lens||Primary Camera|
|Network Type||4G, 2G, 3G|
|Supported Networks||UMTS, GSM, 4G LTE|
|Internet Connectivity||4G, 3G, Wi-Fi, GPRS, EDGE|
|Wi-Fi Version||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz with MIMO)|
|Map Support||Google Maps|
|SIM Size||Nano SIM - Dual SIM Hybrid|
|Sensors||Fingerprint Sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Barometer, Proximity, Ultrasonic, Audio Monitor|
|Other Features||Charging - 15W TurboPower for Hours of Power in Minutes, Water Repellent Nano-coating, Connectivity: Moto Mods Connector, USB-C Port for Headphones, Compatible with all Moto Mods, Moto Experiences: Moto Display, Moto Voice, Moto Actions|
|Battery & Power Features|
|Battery Capacity||2730 mAh|
|Warranty Summary||Brand Warranty of 1 Year Available for Mobile and 6 Months for Accessories|