After the interval of time, Motorola unveils a new smartphone into the Indian Market. This time Motorola brought a new product in the X series. The Smartphone is Moto X4 and its price categorized it into a mid-range budget smartphone. Today, we will review the New Moto X4 with touching almost every important details of this new Motorola x4.
So let’s start and we will be doing Moto X4 review and along with it, we will be touching it’s price, & specifications. Not only this but we will divide the review into Moto X4’s Pros and Cons which will navigate you through our post easily.
Moto X4: Indian Price and Availability in India
Motorola launches Moto X4 with the starting price tag of Rs 20,999. And right now, this mobile phone is Flipkart exclusively.
Highlights on Moto X4-
- 12 MP + 8 MP (wide angle sensor) on the back.
- 16 MP Front camera with LED Flash.
- Two variant i.e., 3 GB/32 GB-(Rs 20,999) & 4 GB/64 GB-(Rs 22,999).
- Indian Version of the Moto X4 is not under the Android One program and doesn’t support to Alexa voice assistant.
Comparison: Moto X4 vs
- Honor 9i
- Moto G5S Plus
- Mi A1
- Honor 8
- Samsung Galaxy On Max
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro
- Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie Pro
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017
Moto X4: Review with Pros and Cons
Every phone has its own pros & cons. Today we will elaborate the Moto X4 advantages and disadvantages on buying it.
Pros or Reason to buy-
- With 5.2 inch display, it is a compact smartphone. Thus, it fits in your hand. Also, it has slimmer boundary or edge as compared to Google Pixel 2.
- Feels premium with Gorilla Glass 3 on back.
- Build Quality of the phone is very good. Both Metallic frame around the device and Gorilla Glass 3 make it stronger.
- Rear Camera: In daylight and artificial lighting condition, all the captured pictures comes to be bright, rich in detail and balanced in colour.
- Rear Camera: Wide Angle sensor also helps to create fish-eye like effect and other distortion which helps a photographer but not helpful to the new one or inexperienced person.
- Front Camera: It did well in the daylight and artificial lighting condition as pictures are rich in detail and balanced in colour while in low light, LED Flash is helpful to some extent.
- Home embedded Fingerprint sensor is fast and accurate. Home button can act as multifunctional button as after configuring it, you can swipe on button in different direction to work as home button, going back & more.
- Its FHD Display is rich in detail with proper brightness and resistant to fingerprint.
- It can handle multitask easily. We open several apps and switching to other apps was lag free. Even, the RAM management on this device is good.
- Just like Samsung S8, with Moto X4 you can connect upto 4 Bluetooth devices at the same time. All 4 device can be controlled individually via phone.
- The Battery performance is decent. You will get usage of active hours of the day(nearly 12hr).
- Dual Band WiFi is present which gives faster data movement and fewer disconnect.
- The phone is water resistant. It is IP68 certified. Means, your device will be protected from moderate exposure to water such as accidental spills, splashes or light rain. The device is not designed to drop in water or exposed to pressurized water, or other liquids.
- Company promises to give Android O update on the smartphone. Along with it, Bluetooth version will be updated from 4.2 to 5.0.
- All the necessary sensor are present in it i.e., Gravity, Ambient light, proximity sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, compass and magnetometer.
- Heavy games run well without any lag. There is no overheating issue.
- Phone support turbocharging and you will get 50 % charge in half an hour(approx.).
Cons or Reason to not buy-
- Motorola didn’t give 18:9 screen ratio to it. If you are concern about Best Smartphone with larger display then Honor 9i is right option.
- Rear Camera: In low light, its performs is decent. It didn’t perform as we expected or as a smartphone of Rs 21,000 or 23,000 should do.
- Rear Camera: On a landscape shoot, you will find that the straight object near you will become circular or convex in shape. We took many shoots inside our hall and all the windows and door near us become little circular in shape.
- Bokeh Effect: Pictures comes out with bokeh effect seems to be Snapseed filtered. Means, the picture with Bokeh effect is same as picture which gets blurred using Snapseed filter. Even, using camera in bokeh effect mode takes countable time to process the clicked images. Lenovo K8 plus or Mi A1 which are lower in price process the images faster than Moto X4.
- Focusing with Rear Camera takes time. Thus, you will miss out the moment. Even, Moto G5S Plus focuses faster than it.
- It has a single speaker which is present inside the earpiece and no extra stereo speaker is given. It is not satisfactory loud.
- If you love to record lots of videos then you will be disappointed as it doesn’t have any video stabilisation like OIS or EIS.
- Hybrid Sim slot (at once- Dual sim or one sim + microSD). We have found a solution and suggest you go through this – Solution of Hybrid Sim slot and use Dual Sim + microSD together.
- The Glass on back attracts fingerprint and makes the phone slippery.
- Moto Mods can’t be integrated with the camera present on back.
- In the box, you will get a headset which performs decently. But don’t worry we have solution as we sorted the list of the best earphones under Rs 1000 and Rs 500. Here are those- Best Earphones under 500 Rs and 10 Best Earphones to buy under ₹1000 in India
Moto X4: Final Thought
A Person who is very concern about the Build quality, screen, performance and design then it is the best smartphone for them. We were disappointed with Camera performance. If Camera would be better on it then it would be the most value for money smartphone. Like everytime, once again Motorola didn’t much to camera section.
So, this was the Moto X4’s merits and demerits and hope you would like it.
Hand Picked other articles:
- Top 10 Best Phones under 15000 (Rs) in India Depth Review
- Best Earphones under 500 Rs: These 5 earphones are best to pick in 500 (Depth Review)
- Top 10 Best Earphones to buy under ₹1000 in India (Depth Review)
- 10 Best Smartphone under 10000 (Rs) in India (Depth Review)
- Top 5 Cool & Best Youtube trick that you must know
- Gorgeous looks and solid build quality
- IP68 water resistant
- Vivid display
- Useful Moto Key feature
- Good performance
- Selfie Camera could be better
- Unimpressive video quality
- Slow HDR processing