Moto G6 Play Pros and Cons- Solid Reasons to Change your Mind
The G6 Family has arrived and promises performance on a budget. This family consists of the G6 Plus the big brother, Moto G6 the middleman, and the Moto G6 Play the younger sibling. All three G6 variants are available for retail from 4th June on Amazon and Flipkart. If you have been waiting to find out whether or not you should buy the G6 Play then you are at the right place because we will be listing all the pros and cons that make the G6 Play a worthy purchase and all the reasons you should pass the G6 and look for a better device.
The G6 Play is priced similarly to devices like the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1, Redmi Note 5, Nokia 5 etc. It has similar specs but a few additives of its own that set it apart from the competition. The competition is fierce in this price range and we will see if the Moto G6 Play outperforms the competition or not.
Motorola Moto G6 Play Pros and Cons
- 5.7″ HD+ Display with 18:9 Aspect Ratio
- 13 MP Rear and 8 MP front camera
- Snapdragon 430 Octa-Core CPU
- 3GB RAM and 32GB ROM
- 4000 mAh Battery with TurboPower Charging
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
Moto G6 Play: Pros or Reasons to buy
This is what makes the Moto G6 Play a worthy smartphone
- The Moto G6 Play does not have a glass body like is brothers the G6 and G6 Plus, but a plastic, but this does not mean it is not well built. The plastic back does not feel cheap at all and has a light reflective finish.
- The display on the G6 Play impressed us a lot. The G6 Play is a budget device and you can expect it to compete with any other budget smartphone and deliver solid colors and vivid viewing experience.
- The HD+ display has great sunlight readability. Ths screen is visible under direct sunlight and offers preset modes too for a personalized viewing experience.
- The Moto G6 is a charmer in the UI section, true to the company name. You get stock Android UI and absolutely no bloatware with the latest Android update.
- The Moto G6 also offers some ease of access features like the Moto Display which shows your notifications even when the device is locked and Moto Actions allows for gesture-based operations.
- The Moto G6 comes with a 4000 mAh battery which offers a whole day of battery life with heavy usage and intensive gaming. With a little moderation in usage, you can extend that up to 2 days.
- The Moto G6 features Fast-Charging, which is a neat addition given the price. The fast-charging feature charges the phone from 0-100% in less than 2 hours which is very impressive.
- The Moto G6 has a 13 Mp rear camera which is a great performer in daylight. The detailing is great and the natural lighting makes the color reproduction better.
- The Auto-HDR mode makes the dynamic range larger and takes some beautiful shots, which is a very neat software tweak. You can check camera samples in this video by Dragonicwarfare
- The front 8 MP shooter has an LED which gets the job done, unlike other budget smartphones which have a virtually useless front LED.
- The front camera takes decent shots but not much detail is captured. If you need to take a wider shot with the front camera then we recommend these selfie sticks- Top 5 Best Selfie Sticks in India.
- The Moto Key feature allows you to login to apps using your fingerprint rather than entering a password, it works like the Google Auto-Fill feature.
- There is a Dedicated SD-Card Slot which allows for expansion up to 256GB. This is a very user-friendly addition and we hope all phones offered it. If your phone has a hybrid slot then read this article to know how to use 2 SIMs and an SD card together- Use Dual SIM+ Micro SD-Card Together.
Moto G6 Play: Cons or Reasons not to buy
This what Moto missed while crafting the G6 Play,
- The camera is slow to load and has a lot of time gap between shots. So you cannot take quick pictures of fast events or moving objects.
- The nighttime performance of the camera is also below average. You will struggle to get a clear picture in low light which is a big setback.
- There is no splash proof nano coating like the G6 or G6 Plus have which makes it prone to water damage. You can know more about waterproof ratings here- IP67 vs IP68 Waterproof Rating in-Depth Explanation.
- The processor is old-gen and many other competitors are offering better processors in the same price.
- The plastic back is prone to scratches and marks and over time it will become scarred and not look as appealing.
So this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest Moto G6 Play, read further for our final words on whether or not you should buy this smartphone.back to menu ↑
Final Thoughts on Moto G6 Play
The Moto G6 Play is a great performer in the budget segment and can hold its own against similarly priced devices. You can consider it an upgrade if you are coming from a low-end budget phone. It has a world of difference from sub 10,000 Rs devices like a longer lasting battery and Fast Charging and great daylight photos, these additions will not disappoint you. But some cons that the price cannot justify are the poor nighttime camera performance and slow loading camera. These little setbacks are the main points to consider before buying the Moto G6 Play. Also, we also recommeds to look on- Top 5 Best Mobile Phones under 10000 Rs in India [Expert Pick].back to menu ↑
Like the Moto G6 Play? Buy now!
Moto G6 Play: Expert Score and User Ratings
- Great Battery Life
- Good Daylight Camera Performance
- Dedicated SD-Card Slot
- Stock Android UI
- Slow Loading Camera
- Poor Nighttime Shots
Moto G6 Play [Best Price/Lowest Price Alert]
We hope our article “Moto G6 Play Pros and Cons” was helpful to you. For any doubt, feel free to ask via comment.
Other Handpicked Articles
- Vivo X21 Pros and Cons: Top 12 Reasons to buy and Top 5 Reasons to not buy
- OnePlus 6 Pros and Cons: Top 15 Solid Reasons to buy & Top 6 Reasons to not buy
- Oppo Realme 1 Pros and Cons: Top 16 Reasons to buy & Top 8 Reasons to not buy
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 with Pros and Cons: 19 Reasons to buy and 7 Reasons not to buy
- Nokia 8 Sirocco Pros and Cons: Top 17 Reasons to buy and Top 8 Reasons not to buy
- Honor 10 Pros and Cons: Top 17 Solid Reasons to buy & Top 9 Reasons to not buy
|In The Box||Handset with built-in Battery, 15W Turbo Charger with USB Cable, Headset, Protective Cover, User Manual, Legal Insert|
|Model Name||Moto G6 Play|
|SIM Type||Dual Sim|
|Hybrid Sim Slot||No|
|Display Size||5.7 inch|
|Resolution||1440 x 720 Pixels|
|GPU||450 MHz Adreno 505|
|Other Display Features||Wireless Display - Chromecast|
|OS & Processor Features|
|Operating System||Android Oreo 8.0|
|Processor Type||Qualcomm Snapdragon 430|
|Processor Core||Octa Core|
|Primary Clock Speed||1.4 GHz|
|Memory & Storage Features|
|Internal Storage||32 GB|
|Expandable Storage||256 GB|
|Supported Memory Card Type||microSD|
|Memory Card Slot Type||Dedicated Slot|
|Primary Camera Available||Yes|
|Primary Camera Features||Phase Detection Auto Focus, f/2.0 Aperture|
|Secondary Camera Available||Yes|
|Flash||Rear Single LED Flash and Front Single LED Flash|
|Network Type||4G VOLTE, 3G, 2G|
|Supported Networks||4G VoLTE, GSM, WCDMA|
|Internet Connectivity||4G, 3G, Wi-Fi|
|Micro USB Port||Yes|
|Audio Jack||3.5mm (American Standard)|
|SIM Size||Dual Nano SIM|
|Graphics PPI||282 PPI|
|Sensors||Fingerprint Reader, Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor, Gyroscope|
|Other Features||Bluetooth Chipset - WCN3615, Power Class 1, FM Chipset - WCN3615, Notification LED Type - White, Sensor Hub - Chipset Internal, Supported Quick Charge - 15W, Turbo Capable, Charge Current - 9V 1.67A (If use 15W Charger), USB Cable Capacity - 2A|
|Battery & Power Features|
|Battery Capacity||4000 mAh|
|Warranty Summary||Brand Warranty of 1 Year Available for Mobile and 6 Months for Accessories|