LG V30+ Pros and Cons: Top 9 Solid Reason to buy and Top 6 Reason to not buy
LG has launched a stunningly impressive smartphone before some days in the Indian smartphone market. It is named as LG V30+. The phone is unique for its unbeatable features at a price range of Rs 44,990. It is a true flagship phone for the users all over the world. Even though the Galaxy S8 and Pixel 2 XL are its competitors, still the LG v30+ comes with excellent features and is priced at lesser price segment. Today we will be presenting the detailed information and the pros and cons of LG V30+ to help you decide about buying this smartphone. We would like you to read the entire specification and the final conclusion also so that you can visualize a clear picture of this smartphone.
LG V30+: Price and Availablity in India
- The LG V30+ has a pretty decent outlook.
- 6 Inch 18:9 ratio OLED display (2880 x 1440 pixels)
- Dual Rear Camera (16MP + 13MP) including OIS, EIS, PDAF, Laser AF and with F/1.9 aperture and the 5MP front camera includes a f/2.2.
- Runs on Android (Nougat) operating system.
- Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Octa-core processor (2.45 GHz, Quad core, Kryo 280).
- 4GB RAM along with expandable memory up to 128GB storage.
- Has a 3,300 mAh battery (non-removable)
- Supports dual sim facility (3G + 4G).
- The device is water and dust resistant.
- Offers one-time screen replacement after purchase.
Present Competitors in Market: LG V30+ vs
- iPhone 7 Plus
- OnePlus 5T (Review)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Review)
- LG G6
- Honor View 10 (Review)
- Google Pixel 2 XL (Review)
- Mi Mix 2 (Review)
- Sony Xperia XZ1
LG V30+: Review with Pros and Cons
When it comes to reviewing a smartphone, we always give importance on mentioning the pros and cons of every device. The LG V30+ though seems to be a unique phone with lots of stunning features, still like other smartphones, it has some advantages as well as some disadvantages too. So let’s have a glance at the pros and cons of the LG V30+.
LG V30+: Pros
- Design: The LG V30+ is a well-designed phone with a stunning display. We had a look all around the phone, it is totally sleek and handy. The size of the LG V30+ is preferable to every user as it is neither too big to hold, nor too small. We were impressed by the rounded metal frame of this phone. It changes the outlook of the phone. Keeping in mind about safety and durability, the company has made this phone water and dust resistant. This process is military graded certified, so the name speaks for itself. The device has curved glass on the front which makes it look stunning. We have already mentioned that LG V30+ is a sleek handset and besides this, it only weighs 158 gms and just 7.3mm thick.
- Display: The smartphone has a 6.0 inch Full Vision QHD + pOLED display having an 18:9 aspect ratio with a resolution of 2880 x 1440 pixels. There are minimal bezels on all the four sides. The phone is bright with vibrant colors and we experienced good video streaming on it. You also get various setting included in this phone to reduce blue light on the display. The display of LG V30+ does a pretty good job. This phone is absolutely perfect for those users who consume a lot of data. The LG V30+ has better display comparing to Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and Samsung S8+. You are also getting a blue light filter for your comfort. Sometimes we have to adjust the phone’s light for keeping our eyes protected. So the company has included the screen temperature with which you can select the “Normal mode”, “ Movie Mode” and “Photo Mode”. The LG V30+ is one of the best premium devices we have ever used, and the elegant design is the asset of this smartphone. Also, the display used here in the aspect of size and type then it is similar to Google Pixel 2 XL.
- Camera: One of the highly appreciated topics of LG V30+ is its camera part. The smartphone has a dual camera setup. It consists of the dual rear camera (16MP + 13MP) along with a 5MP camera. The matter which is being highlighted the most is it is said that LG V30+ provides such camera with f/1.6 aperture by which you can easily take decent photographs in low light. It lets you capture pictures with utmost perfection and with ease whenever you do not get sufficient light around you. The LG V30+ is packed with camera features like professional color grading which helps you to get each and video and picture a perfect contrast, lightning and saturation. The camera app also provides you the feature to export photos and videos to Adobe Premiere. We took some photos in day-light and it was extremely detailed and perfect. Another new feature to the camera app is Point Zoom. With this, you can zoom smoothly wherever you tap in the screen. The camera quality of LG V30+ seemed promising to us.
- Front Camera: The selfie camera comes with a f/2.2 aperture lens which gives you a wide-angle and a standard mode. The camera app is a lovable choice for all the photographers, as it gives us an excellent camera experience. The rear camera shot great images with a wide dynamic range in broad daylight. In Indoors, we noticed much better results. The video recording quality was pretty amazing, we recorded 4k videos which was quite impressive.
- Rear Camera: The rear camera shot great images with a wide dynamic range in broad daylight. The color combination along with lighting position was perfect. In Indoors, we noticed much better results. The video recording quality was pretty amazing, we recorded 4k videos which was quite impressive. LG V30+ back camera delivers you a highly satisfactory performance. With this, you can have your control over the camera functions as per your demands.
- Performance: The LG V30+ has an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. You are getting 128GB inbuilt memory as microSD card which is expandable up to 2Tb so that store all your favorite movies, games, music and all other stuff. The operating system is overall well optimized. We noticed individual customization for Home screen as well as Lock screen.Though we didn’t have an app drawer still the home screen can be customized as per your Besides this, you get screen swipe effect, icon shape, themes, font type, and size also. If you swipe down the screen, you come across the Google’s in-app search bar.The software is well integrated with Google services.We tested the fingerprint sensor. It was extremely fast and touch responsive. Whenever you will unlock the phone, you will notice a floating bar in the middle of the screen. In the floating bar, you can add any application, any shortcuts which you will be needing in emergency cases. We found these features useful at difficult times.
- Battery: The battery of LG V30+ is excellent in its quality. The 3,300mAh battery really lasted long. We performed multitasking activities, but the device didn’t lag for a single moment. It ran smoothly. Besides this, we put the phone in charge after using it for 4-5 hours. There is a fast charging mode available to charge it completely.
- Audio: The HiFi Quad DAC present in the LG V30+ provides excellent sound quality. We played some songs and the output was neat and crisp clean.
- A good quality earbud is present in the box. The audio output via headphones was excellent too.
Lg V30+: Cons
- The LG V30+ seems to be decent in its outlook, it is a good-looking smartphone, but in some cases, we noticed that during random usage, the phone is a bit slippery. Sometimes this issue may worry you.
- If you are interested in low-light photography or if you normally capture photos during night time, then you have to compromise with the cameras of LG V30. Neither the front facing camera nor the rear one is capable of clicking good pictures at low-light. The pictures maybe somehow good, but not as you expect with its price (Rs 44.990). Other smartphones below this price range will surely meet your expectations.
- In LG V30+, you can see that the lock button is located at the back of this device. Though it looks good, but sometimes we felt uneasy to use it.
- The wireless charging seemed to work properly in LG V30+, but it is not that much fast to charge itself. Samsung and other brands have already launched their smartphones with the 15-watt fast Charge variants. But the LG V30 supports only 5-watt Qi charging and a newer 8-watt standard charging function.
- The Lg V30+ comes with hybrid sim slot which means you have to either use two sim cards or you have to put a single sim card along with a micro SD card at the same time. So in this case you are not getting additional function for sim cards.
- The LG V30+ comes with Face Recognition mode to identify facial features from an image of any subject’s face, it is a good feature. But whenever we tested this function randomly it was not working properly in low-lights. We also noticed that this feature was not also doing good in low battery.
Lg has improved themselves year by year and this time they have done a very good job. There are few points which are not covered like camera performance in the night as what Flagship should do, face recognition and User Experience. If we talk whether it is value for money or not then let me told you a fact that this phone launched at a price lower than LG G6 and V20, so what you think now. The Phone is nearly what Google Pixel 2 XL is but only you missed Camera, Powerful AI, and User Experience in LG V30+. Thus, we suggest you that better you check its display before buying and if is it ok for you then go for it.
Hand Picked other articles:
- Top 10 Best Phones under 15000 (Rs) in India Depth Review
- Best Earphones under 500 Rs: These 5 earphones are best to pick in 500 (Depth Review)
- Honor View 10 Pros and Cons: Top 13 Solid Reason to buy & Top 8 Reason to not buy
- Top 10 Best Earphones to buy under ₹1000 in India (Depth Review)
- Gionee M7 Power Pros and Cons: Top 10 Solid Reason to buy & Top 8 Reason to not buy
- 10 Best Smartphone under 10000 (Rs) in India (Depth Review)
- Top 5 Cool & Best Youtube trick that you must know