Top 5 Best Phones under 8000 Rs in India- [Expert Pick]
Those days are long gone now when only the most expensive and premium phones used to be the ones praised and advertised heavily for they had all the features. The 2018 era has seen what the budget segment can do how much of a competitive market it is. The price range of sub-8000 Rs is especially suited for students who can’t save up enough for a mid-tier or flagship device but still need the functionality to complete most daily tasks. The best smartphones in India under 8000 Rs are quite a lot in number but currently, long-running brands are the ones that have captured this segment tightly, giving little room for competition. But this does not mean that there are no worthy contenders.
We have seen many buyers get confused due to the similar spec sheet offered in the best 4G smartphones under 8000 Rs. The almost identical offerings in this price range make it a bit tricky to cater to the needs of everyone. But don’t worry, because at Topbestof we always give the most accurate and fitting list for every budget. utility and requirements of a person. So, read this list until the end if you have any doubt concerning which is the best budget smartphone under 8000 Rs in India.
How did we prepare this list of Top 5 Best Smartphones under 8000 Rs in India?
The list of best budget smartphone under 8000 Rs in India is not an easy piece of cake to assemble. The market is ruled by a few companies and that means that most of the best buying options consist of their entries. We have tried to provide you with a comprehensive list that can suggest you the best budget smartphones under 8000 Rs that offer solid overall performance. This means that though not all devices are excellent in every single usage form, they will dish out impressive results in one or more scenarios. We have not prioritized Desing and Style here as the main focus is to get the best performance and usage for your money from these top 5 Best Phones under 8000 Rs. We pride ourselves on our Best Pick lists because of the amazing response from our readers, as you can see from this comment left by one of our readers-
Here are the Top 5 Best Phones under 8000 Rs in India
Xiaomi Redmi 6
- The Xiaomi Redmi 6 features the best processor in our list of best budget smartphones under 8000 Rs. The Redmi 6 comes with an octa-core processor which is clocked at 2 GHz.
- 5.45″ HD+ Display
- 12 MP+5 MP Dual Rear Camera and 5 MP Front Camera
- MediaTek Helio P22 Processor
- 3 GB/4 GB RAM 32 GB/64 GB ROM
- 3000 mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 6 is an all-rounder in terms of performance battery life and overall usability. The array of features provided sit nowhere near the pricing and provide one of the best value for money in the market if you go out to look for Best Phones under 8000 Rs in India. Read our full pros and cons of this smartphone to know more.
- The Redmi 6 comes with an Helio P22 processor which is the latest in the line from MediaTek and offers better performance on paper than the SD625. This means that the phone can perform similarly to Snapdragon alternatives or better under some circumstances. The new PowerVR GPUs can easily handle PUBG at playable frame rates and decent flow.
- The Redmi 6 has incorporated Dual SIM 4G VoLTE Support which is not even present on the Redmi 6 Pro. This is a great feature although does not affect overall usability to that extent.
- The Redmi 6 has a 3000 mAh battery that will last you for a full day on moderate usage. This is very impressive given the price at which it retails and all the other offerings it has.
- The Redmi 6 has a dedicated SD-Card Slot which is a boon in today’s times. The 32GB internal might be adequate for some users but if it isn’t the SD-Card slot provides room for extra storage.
- The Redmi 6 has not improved upon the Redmi 5 but rather downgraded in terms of build quality. The Redmi 6 sports a very displeasing plastic unibody which is quite average in durability.
- The Redmi 6 sports the MIUI 9 which has a ton of bloatware. If it was not for the Helio P22 the MIUI would have made the Redmi 6 a very laggy mess. The Helio P22 manages to keep the phone lag free but we hope Redmi fixes this with updates.
- Good Display.
- Decent Battery Life.
- Snappy Performance.
- Dedicated SD Card Slot.
- Average Camera.
- No Screen Protection.
- Average Build Quality.
- The 10.Or G sports a Full HD 1080p Display which is not very common in budget smartphones under 8000 Rs. The fact that the 10.Or G incorporates that makes it a very viable option to consider while searching for best smartphones under 8000 Rs in India.
- 5.5″ FHD Display
- 13 MP+13 MP rear Camera and 16 MP front Camera
- Snapdragon SD626 SoC processor
- 3 GB RAM and 32 GB ROM expandable up to 128 GB
- 4000 mAh battery
The 10.Or G is an old release that is retailing for a much better and competitive price now. This makes it a very formidable opponent against the long line of Redmi devices in Best Phones under 8000 Rs. But being an online-only brand has a few disadvantages, read our detailed pros and cons of it to understand better.
- The 10.Or G sports a full HD display with 40PPIpi. These display specs are enough to tell you that this smartphone offers great value in terms of viewing quality and streaming. The display is bright enough and very vibrant and color accurate.
- The 10.Or G sports an SD626 processor and Adreno 506 GPU. This means that the device can handle any day-to-day tasks with ease and multitask better than older gen devices. The Adreno 506 GPU can handle PUBG at balanced settings and impressive frame rates.
- The 10.Or G comes with Stock Android UI and very little to no bloatware making it an even breezy experience. The overall performance is very impressive due to this and is also very user-friendly.
- The 10.Or G cameras are absolute powerhouses, thanks to the dual 13 MP sensors the Bokeh shots are very good given the price of the smartphone. Apart from low light photography, we have no complaints about its camera.
- The 10.Or G comes with a 4000 mAh battery which might seem adequate but it is not that great. The FHD display and powerful processor and cameras take a toll on its battery life and it is difficult to squeeze out a full day of moderate usage.
- The 10.Or G is an online retail brand and has very little customer support and service centers, making it a very risky affair if you accidentally damage your phone. The recovery and repair will become a hassle and you might give up on it.
- Full HD Display
- Fast Processor
- Stock Android UI
- Decent Cameras
- Average Battery Life
- Little Offline Customer Support
Xiaomi Redmi 6A
- The Redmi 6A is Xiaomi’s most budget oriented offering of the year in the budget smartphones under 8000 Rs and is the first device to be launched in India by Xiaomi with a MediaTek processor after the resolution of the lawsuit with Ericsson.
- 5.45″ HD+ Display
- 13 MP Rear and 5 MP Front Camera
- MediaTek Helio A22 Quad Core Processor
- 2 GB/3 GB RAM and 16 GB/32 GB ROM
- 3000 mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 6A is the budget brother in the Redmi family and it does not disappoint for the most part. With a solid battery offering the 6A will blow away the basic users looking for best budget smartphones under 8000 Rs, while the more seasoned smartphone users will not be too surprised. Read our full pros and cons of the 6A to know more.
- The Redmi 6A sports a 5.45″ HD+ display. The display panel isn’t the sharpest but it compensates that with vibrancy and brightness. These factors provide a certain level of improved sharpness and video quality indoors.
- The Redmi 6A sports an Helio A22 processor which is much more battery optimized than the larger SD425 SoC. This added to the ease with which it handles day-to-day tasks makes it a very viable option when considering budget smartphones under 8000 Rs in India.
- The Redmi 6A sports a dedicated SD-Card Slot which is a very crucial feature to attract buyers. It is also a great feature in terms of expandability and usability at the same time. This is a neat addition to this budget device.
- The Redmi 6A sports a 3000 mAh battery which lasts for over a day and a half on light usage and a full day on heavier usage. This is possible due to the smaller and less power-hungry chipset from MediaTek.
- The Redmi 6A has a low dynamic range camera and the color accuracy isn’t comparable to other budget devices. The cameras perform somewhat decent in good lighting but low light shots are unusable for the most part.
- The Redmi 6A does not have enough RAM to supplement the very capable Helio A22 chipset and this results in sluggish performance. Even in PUBG, the experience isn’t smooth with occasional frame drops and lags spoiling the overall experience.
- Good vibrant display
- Face recognition system
- Decent Battery Life
- Dedicated SD card slot.
- Lacks fingerprint sensor.
- Sluggish performance.
- No Screen Protection
Infinix Hot 6 Pro
- The Infinix Hot 6 Pro retails in the most color variants in our list of best smartphones under 8000 Rs in India. This provides a bit more personalized feel to the smartphone and buyers have a quite a few options to choose from.
- 5.99″ HD+ Display
- 13 MP+2 MP Rear Camera and 5 MP Front Camera
- Snapdragon 425 SoC
- 3 GB RAM and 32 GB Storage
- 4000 mAh Battery
The Infinix Hot 6 Pro might not be the most happening smartphone under 8000 Rs, but it does pair a decent processor and display in the bundle along with a simple UI not too far from the smooth Android Experience. Read our full pros and cons of this device to understand better.
- The 5.99″ display is not the sharpest on the market but just like the Redmi 6A, it manages to impress with its vibrancy and brightness. The display is quite readable under direct sunlight and offers a nice viewing experience minus the sharpness.
- The XOS Hummingbird is not too bloated and offers a very smooth user-friendly experience. The UI is not anywhere near the stock Android design but it is not far from the usability of the beloved UI.
- The Dedicated SD-Card Slot, as we have mentioned before, is a user-favorite and a must-have feature in all smartphones of late. This provides a lot of expansion headroom and eases the user.
- The Infinix Hot 6 Pro can not outperform some of the latest battery monsters but it can surely hold its own against them. This might be due to the lower PPI screen or weaker processor but it does give you a day-long battery life and that is adequate for most users.
- The Snapdragon 425 is not the most preferred chipset when discussing raw computing power and lag-free browsing. The Hot 6 Pro isn’t unbearably slow but it sure is not up to the mark of the newer entries in the segment. PUBG also does not run consistently good and you can notice laggy gameplay at times.
- The Hot 6 Pro’s cameras are indeed its biggest flaws and are a great turn off point for the buyers. The edges are blurry the detailing is off, the colors are not well defined. There are a lot of other drawbacks but the main idea is that the cameras are average at best.
- Good Display
- Good Sunlight Readability
- Decent Battery Life
- User Friendly OS
- Poor Camera
- Slow Processor
- Low PPI
- The Nokia 2.1 sports a very minimal spec sheet but a hefty battery tag. The 4000 mAh battery can last for about 2 days and this makes it the best battery backup smartphone under 8000 Rs.
- 5.5″ HD display
- 8 MP Rear Camera and 5 MP front camera
- Snapdragon SD425 SoC Processor
- 1 GB RAM 8 GB ROM
- 4000 mAh battery
The Nokia 2.1 might seem like a very obsolete piece of hardware but actually, it has a neat trick up its sleeves not often seen in budget smartphones under 8000 Rs. The 2.1 has the Android Go UI which is a very slimmed down stock Android UI to adjust with the low amount of RAM. Read our full Pros and Cons of it to understand better.
- The Nokia 2.1 has the same Nokia build quality and design and durability that is renowned worldwide. The 2.1 sports a very durable build and a sturdy construction so that it lasts longer than usual.
- The Nokia 2.1 packs a 4000 mAh battery that can last for two days at a stretch on light to medium usage. The battery life is especially improved upon previous iterations and is worth lauding.
- The Nokia 2.1 sports dual front-facing stereo loudspeakers that make a world of a difference in audio playback. The fact that a smartphone so focused towards the budget spectrum has an improved front-firing Dual Stereo Loudspeaker is enough to tell the whole story.
- The Nokia 2.1 has a dedicated SD-Card slot which is much needed on this device due to the low onboard system memory of only 8 GB. The dedicated SD-Card Slot can help out a lot in this case as the internal storage won’t be enough for most users.
- The Nokia 2.1 sports a very meager amount of both RAM and ROM. The 1 GB RAM and 8 GB ROM are nowhere near today’s standards but somehow the Android Go UI makes it work. But you will still miss some of your more memory hungry apps and will have to make do with the Lite versions.
- The processor on the 2.1 is the SD425 SoC which is not entirely bad, it allows for better battery backup while handling the Android Go UI easily. Though you will have to wait for the PUBG Lite global release to enjoy the PUBG experience on your device.
- Good Build Quality
- Excellent Battery Life
- Great Stereo Loudspeakers
- Dedicated SD-Card Slot
- Inadequate RAM and ROM
- Dated Processor
So this was the List of Top 5 Best Phones under 8000 rupees in India 2018, we hope you liked it and will follow our guidance. If you still have any doubt then don’t hesitate to drop a comment.
What do you think about our list of “Top 5 Latest Mobile Phones under 8000 Rs in India 2018”?
We hope you found this article helpful and informative. Comment down below how you thought this article was as your feedback is very important to use.
If we missed a phone that you thought was worth mentioning then please bring that to our notice as we always welcome improvements from all angles, and our ultimate goal is to provide you with the best content.
Also, don’t forget to share this List of Top 5 Best Phones under 8000 on Social Media so that others can sort out their confusion and buy the phone that’s worth their money.
Other Handpicked Articles-
- Best Smartphone under 20000 with Good Battery Backup- 2018 [Expert Pick]
- Top 5 Best Mobile Phones under 10000 Rs in India- 2018 [Expert Pick]
- Top 5 Best VR Headsets under 1500 to buy in India- 2018 [Expert Pick]
- 5 Best Mobile Phones under 15000 Rs in India- 2018 [Expert Pick]
- Top 5 Best Smartphones under 5000 Rs in India- 2018 [Expert Pick]