Infinix Hot 6 Pro Pros and Cons- Solid Reasons to Change your Mind
Infinix Hot 6 Pro Pros and Cons- Solid Reasons to Change your Mind
Infinix has never been a forefront brand before even though it has a decent lineup of budget devices that will get the job done for an average user. This time Infinix has tried to get on the head to head with Xiaomi in the budget segment with the Infinix Hot 6 Pro. It is offering a full-screen display with 18:9 Aspect ratio in a budget. It aspires to be the cheapest smartphone with a Full-Screen display and it somewhat hits the mark. Read our in-depth assessment of the Infinix Hot 6 Pro and all of its advantages and disadvantages to decide if this is the device for you or not.
Infinix Hot 6 Pro is placed adjacent to the Redmi 5, Moto E4, Nokia 3 etc. Though Xiaomi still rules the budget segment, Infinix Hot 6 Pro tries its hands at the Full-Screen Display and hopes to impress and attract consumers towards its devices. We have listed out all the pros and cons or reasons why you should consider the Hot 6 Pro and why you shouldn’t so that it is easier for you to decide whether to buy this smartphone or not.
Infinix Hot 6 Pro Pros and Cons
- 5.99″ HD+ Display
- 13 MP+2 MP Rear Camera and 5 MP Front Camera
- Snapdragon 425 SoC
- 3 GB RAM and 32 GB Storage
- 4000 mAh Battery
Infinix Hot 6 Pro- Pros or Reasons to buy
Here are the pros or advantages of the Infinix Hot 6 Pro
- The 5.99″ HD+ Display is not the best in class but it surely is a good performer, especially under direct sunlight. Thanks to its extra-high brightness it is easily visible outdoors.
- The display is a great delight with accurate and punchy colors and no overly colored pictures. Though the pixel density is a little low it does not affect viewing experience to that extent as it is a fairly budget-oriented phone that has a specific target.
- The Display is protected by a scratch-resistant glass by NEG which does a great job, though not as good as Corning but it still is a viable option and helps in cutting the price down a bit.
- The main highlight of the device is the ability to display great video playback and quality content. And this does hold true, though the lower PPI is a setback still the display performs well here. 1080p Videos are smooth and streamed content is also very good. You can check streaming quality from this video by TheDrDoomsday,
- The camera performance is poor and even in great lighting conditions the shots are average and capture very little details, but the shot options provided are a lot so it is a worthy mention in the Pros section. There are a lot of shooting modes that might be productive as camera performance improves over time with updates.
- The battery on the Infinix Hot 6 Pro is 4000 mAh in capacity, lasts a full day with heavy to medium usage although battery tests gave disappointing results due to some issues. But still, you can expect it to last a full day under real-world usage. If you are an extremely heavy user we recommend you check out our list to have a longer screen on time. Best Power Banks under 1500 Rs in India.
- The Infinix Hot 6 Pro comes with the Snapdragon 425 SoC which is very inadequate when compared to what the competition has to offer but it still is fast enough to handle day to day tasks provided you are not expecting a blazingly fast experience and lag-free gaming at high settings.
- The Infinix Hot 6 Pro features a dedicated SD-Card Slot which, we have said time and time again, is a highly appreciated feature addition and gives the freedom of expansion in the future.
- The Infinix Hot 6 Pro features XOS which is a mixed bag with a decent amount of bloatware but some of it is removable. There are a few great modes that are usage-based like the Gaming DnD mode that boosts gaming performance. The OS has a great UI hindered only by the slow Quad Core 425 SoC. Overall the UI is great and not too far away from the Android Experience.
- The phone has a 5.99″ display and 4000 mAh battery but still feels lightweight at 158 gms. Infinix has done a good job at weight distribution in the Hot 6 Pro.
- The speaker gets quite loud and can easily fill a small room. This is a good addition as it enhances the video viewing experience and delivers a great audio output too.
Infinix Hot 6 Pro- Cons or Reasons to not buy
Here are the disadvantages or cons of the Infinix Hot 6 Pro,
- The Cameras are average and don’t even deliver decent shots under natural and fair lighting. Apart from close focus shots, the captured image lacks detail and color accuracy. The resulting photos look very dull and not good. The second camera in the Dual Camera Setup is a fixed focus as well as the Front Camera so you will have to focus manually on the subject. The front camera has a shorter range so you will have to use a selfie stick for wider angle shots. We recommend these selfie sticks- Best Selfie Sticks in India.
- The Snapdragon 425 is very slow compared to the other next-gen mobile processor lineup that is currently being used in the better budget devices. The 425 SoC is no match for those heavy hitters and even though you won’t face many issues it does hamper gaming and fast browsing performance.
- The Fingerprint Sensor and Face Unlock features are very slow. The face unlock is close to unusable and you will find the fingerprint sensor to be slow too, taking over 2 seconds to completely open the device.
- The display is focused towards video playback but the PPI of the panel suggests otherwise, the edges are not that sharp due to a very low PPI.
So this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest Infinix Hot 6 Pro, read further for our final words on whether or not you should buy this smartphone.back to menu ↑
Final Thoughts on the Infinix Hot 6 Pro
The Infinix Hot 6 Pro would have been a killer device if it was launched last year. This year the game has changed drastically and the budget segment has strong contenders with fast processors great battery life and builds quality. In such a time the Infinix Hot 6 Pro tries to woo the users with an 18:9 screen but fails, by a very long shot. The cameras are poor the processor is age-old. There is very little to love about the Hot 6 Pro and we can’t bring ourselves to suggest you this device unless all you care about is decent battery life and good video playback quality.back to menu ↑
Like the Infinix Hot 6 Pro? Buy now!
Infinix Hot 6 Pro: Expert Score and User Ratings
- Good Display
- Good Sunlight Readability
- Decent Battery Life
- User Friendly OS
- Poor Camera
- Slow Processor
- Low PPI
Infinix Hot 6 Pro: [Best Price/Lowest Price Alert]
We hope you like our post “Infinix Hot 6 Pro Pros and Cons” and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.