Huawei P20 Pro with Pros and Cons- Solid Reasons to Change your Mind
Huawei after unveiling its greatest launch of their flagship smartphones i.e., Huawei P20 and Huawei P20 Pro has finally set to be launch and sold them in India. I have noticed that Huawei had developed and change a lot of things in the past recent months. Huwaei firstly caught many people’s attention with the help of its Kirin AI processors. As the Huawei P20 and P20 Pro are dominating the market of Camera Smartphone lets discuss how the Huwaei P20 Pro really is.
But, what makes Huawei P20 Pro unique from another flagship smartphone you might ask. Actually, there are a lot of factors that make Huawei P20 Pro different from other phones. The main one being the LEICA triple setup on the rear, the new trendy notch style display and much more that will be discussed further below.
Being new in the market, its major competitors are the recently released Samsung S9 Plus, last years iPhone X, Google Pixel 2, Vivo V9, Oppo F7, etc… So, if you are thinking of getting this phone for yourself or you just want to know about this phone then, sit back as we discussed every Pros and Cons in detail and finally give you our overview on how the Huawei P20 Pro can stand out in a day to day life.
Huawei P20 Pro with Pros and Cons
- Hisilicon Kirin 970 octa-core Processor
- 6 GB/128 GB internal storage.
- 6.1 inch Full HD AMOLED Display.
- Rear Triple camera 40 MP (f/1.8), 20 MP (f/1.6), 8 MP.
- Front Camera f/2.0
- 4000 mAh battery
- IP67 certified.
back to menu ↑
Huawei P20 Pro: Pros or Reasons to buy
- Rear Camera: The triple Rear Camera Setup has a main 40 MP (f/1.8) with OIS, 20 MP (f/1.6) Monochrome sensor also with OIS and an 8MP (f/2.4) telephoto lens. Starting with the shots, the huge sensors of the phone make the captured shot look pretty good with accurate colours, ample amount of details and even nice dynamic range. The wide lens allows more light to enter and thus, with the help of the AI the processed image seems really good. The AI also can recognize the colour of the object you are about to capture and adjusts the colour of the image accordingly. The camera of the Huawei P20 Pro is so excellent that it has scored the highest on the charts of DXOMARK. And, yeah! the triple camera setup captures one of the greatest portrait shots. Summing up, in terms of the camera the Huawei P20 Pro leaves behind one of the best flagships phone out there like Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, Google Pixel 2XL and the iPhone X.
- Front camera: The 24 MP front facing camera performs really well too. It offers shots with a good amount of details and the colour reproduction done is nicely done. Even In low lit situations, the camera manages to capture good selfies and as HDR mode helps in colouring the extra darker areas in.
- You can record a standard 1080p video with OIS. However, 4K is also supported but you can’t record videos in 4K with OIS.
- Like most of the other Flagship Smartphones, the Huawei P20 Pro also has the Face unlock feature, which works really well even in a dark room.
- The beautiful 6.1-inch display is an AMOLED Display which has a beautiful colour contrast. The viewing angles on the Huawei P20 is amazing, the colour and brightness remain consistent when viewed from any angle. The physical buttons present on the sides of the Huawei P20 Pro feels tactile also, the overall look and feel of the phone are good and premium.
- The phone has a metal body with a glossy and mirror finish. Trust me, the twilight colour of the Huawei P20 Pro is absolutely gorgeous (check the image below), it feels amazing in hand and the colour of the phone shifts when you look at it from different angles.
- The beautiful notch style and the 19:9 aspect ratio screen gives the Huawei P20 Pro a futuristic and Smart look.
- The Huawei P20 Pro is packed with some important sensors like Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor and a Gyroscope sensor that let you enjoy Videos and Games in VR. Also, there is an IR blaster place on top of the phone which lets you control your IR supported devices like the TV or your AC right away from your phone.
- Huawei has placed the fingerprint on the front- bottom chin bezel of the phone. The fingerprint sensor is surprisingly super fast and unlocks the phone in a split-second.
- The box of the phone includes a transparent case included which is supposed to keep the Smartphone fingerprint and smudge resistant.
- The Kirin processor paired with the huge 6RAM offers smooth multitasking and at the same times lets you play some heavy games like Asphalt 8 and PUBG mobile with no noticeable lag.
- The speakers’ Audio output is loud and clear and does not tends to change its pitch when used at Max volume.
- The Huawei P20 Pro runs on Huawei custom EMUI based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Love it differently the EMUI offers some really cool features like dual apps or freedom to customize your own Phone.
- The Huawei P20 Pro comes with a USB-C which allows quicker data transfer. The one more thing that is cool about the Huawei P20 Pro is it’s insanely fast charging.
- Huawei did a good job by managing to fit the massive 4000 mAh battery inside the slim body of Huawei P20 Pro, providing battery back for more than a day on moderate usage. The Huawei P20 Pro’s battery leaves behind most of the flagships like iPhone X and Google Pixel 2. However, if you are still short on battery juice then check out our lists of 5 Best 20000 mAh Power banks in India & Top 5 Best Power bank under 1500 Rs in India.
- The Huawei P20 Pro comes with IP67 protection which gives you the freedom to use your phone outdoors even when it is raining. Want to know more about IP Protection? then, check IP67 vs IP68: Waterproof IP Rating Explained [with Flow Chart]
- The box also comes with a pair of earphones included but when compared with the ones provided with the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, the Samsung Galaxy S9 plus has a better pair of earphones. Also, look at our recommended list: Top 5 Best Earphones under 500 Rs in India & Top 10 Best Earphones under 1000 Rs in India
- The Call quality over a 4G network is crisp and clear.
Huwaei P20 Pro: Cons or Reasons not to buy
- Although the Kirin processor is a powerful enough chip, It sure can record videos in 4K but the chip is not powerful enough to use OIS for 4K videos resulting in a video with a lot of Jitters.
- However, we can all agree on the fact that the Huawei P20 Pro is great for capturing Images. But what about Videos? The answer is “not so much” as HuaweiP20 Pro can’t record 4K videos using the front-facing camera.
- The glass and glossy back finish of the HuaweiP20 Pro are indeed eye-catching but at the same time, it attracts a lot of fingerprint and smudges to its surface. We would recommend using the transparent case provided in the box.
- After so many good things about this Smartphone, it was disappointing to see the absence of a 3.5 mm headphone jack. Instead, you are provided with an earphone converter.
Huawei P20 Pro: Final Thoughts
Surely, if you’re a person who loves taking pictures then you should definitely go for the Huawei P20 Pro as it has scored the highest score on the charts of DXOMARK. The Huawei P20 Pro has nothing to prove to its competitors in term of its camera performance. But, a few of its cons might be a major issue for some people, some people might not appreciate the lack of the headphones jack or the lack of OIS while shooting a 4K videos. Besides that, the Huawei P20 Pro is a device packed features, stylish look and a great camera. So, if you ask me then I would highly recommend switching to the Huawei P20 Pro to the people who are looking for a great camera Smartphone with nice looks.back to menu ↑
Like the Huawei P20 Pro? Buy now!
Huawei P20 Pro Expert Score & User Ratings
- Great Camera Smartphone.
- AMOLED Display.
- Notch-style Display.
- Fast Charging.
- Lacks Headphone Jack.
- Back is a fingerprint magnet.
- No OIS on shooting 4K videos.
We hope you like our post “Huawei P20 Pro with Pros and Cons” and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.
Other Handpicked Articles
- 5 Best Smartphones under 5000 Rs in India
- 5 Best 20000 mAh Power banks in India
- Oppo F7 Pros and Cons: Top 19 Reasons to buy and Top 5 Reasons not to buy
- Experience Google Assistance to Awesome level with 100+ Ok Google Commands
- Vivo V9 Pros and Cons: Top 19 Solid Reason to buy and Top 6 Reason to not buy
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ Pros and Cons: Top 25 Solid Reasons to buy & Top 4 Reasons to not buy
- Top 5 Best Phones under 15000 Rs in India Depth Review- 2018
- Smartron t.phone P Pros and Cons: Review on a Good Handset worth the Price
Know more about the device here at the Official site