Huawei Mate 20 Pro Pros and Cons: Solid Reasons to Change Your Mind
- 40MP Leica triple rear camera with 40MP (wide angle lens)+20MP (ultra wide angle lens)+8MP (telephoto), supports autofocus (laser focus, phase focus, contrast focus), supports AIS (Huawei AI image stabilization) | 24MP front camera with support 3D depth sensing
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Pros and Cons: Solid Reasons to Change Your Mind
This year has been quite busy for Huawei with the launch of a few amazing smartphones from the smartphone giant, in various price ranges.
Huwaei has already rocked the market with the launch of Huawei P20 Pro & Huawei Nova 3i earlier this year and now its all set to finish off the year with another amazing premium smartphone. Huawei Mate 20 Pro is going to arrive in the Indian market as an Amazon exclusive, on December 4, 2018. The price of the smartphone has already been announced and is set at Rs. 69,990. With premium looks like that of Galaxy S9 and sporting the fastest processor, Huawei Mate 20 Pro is speculated to give tough competition to iPhone XS, Galaxy S9 Plus and Pixel 3. Also, Huawei Mate 20 Pro is the first flagship smartphone to sport a 4200 mAH battery.
Let’s see if Huawei Mate 20 Pro proves itself to be worthy of getting placed in the list of top flagship smartphones list or not.
So, We have discussed Huawei Mate 20 Pro pros and cons in detail so that you have a clear idea about the strengths and weaknesses of this phone.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Pros and Cons in detail-
- 6.39-inch OLED display with 1440 x 3120p resolution.
- 40 + 20 + 8MP rear camera and 24MP front camera
- 4200 mAh battery.
- 6GB RAM and 64GB ROM.
- HiSilicon Kirin 980
- Android 9.0 Pie
Huawei Mate 20 Pro: Pros
Here are the pros or advantages to buying Huawei Mate 20 Pro-
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro sports an amazing design with a glass back along with an aluminium frame. Huawei has also added hyper-optical display pattern so that not only the glass back of the phone remains smudge proof, but it also provides for a much better grip and good in-hand feel.
- On the left, there is a power button along with the volume buttons and both are in different color. There is an IR blaster at the top which when used with the provided application, can control your TV, AC etc which have IR receiver in them. There is nothing on the right side of the smartphone as the Sim tray is shifted to the bottom, next to the USB-C slot.
- Featuring a curved glass screen that reminds of Samsung Galaxy S9, Huawei Mate 20 Pro also has a huge notch on the top. The curved glass sides adds a premium look. It is going to be available in two colors: Emerald Green and Twilight shades.
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro also features IP68 certifications which marks it as water and dust resistant.
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro has a 6.39-inch AMOLED display along with a resolution of 3120 pixels by 1440 pixels at a PPI of 538 pixels per inch. It offers a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. The display is simply amazing with vibrant colors and proper sunlight contrast. It also comes with Corning Gorilla glass, so you don’t have to worry about the screen.
- There are 3 rear cameras in Huawei Mate 20 pro along with a flash, set in a square pattern at the back of the phone. The three cameras are 40MP, 20MP, and 8Mp which comes with f/1.8, f/2.2 and f/2.4 apertures respectively. The 40MP wide-angle camera is the primary camera along with the 20MP depth camera and 8MP telephoto lens. Huawei Mate 20 Pro camera setup is said to be equal to that of iPhone XS and Pixel 3. The switching between the three lenses is fast abn. The smartphone captures amazing shots in all sort of lights and conditions. Even in the low light, the camera performance is excellent especially as you can use the provided Night mode. This Night mode captures multiple pictures within a few seconds and then combine them all together to give a much brighter and detailed picture.
- The AI scene recognition in the camera works great and turn your pictures much better by adding software smarts. Also, using the telephoto mode you can zoom upto 3x without losing any details.
- Combination of EIS and OIS help you to record amazing videos either it is outdoor, indoor or lowlight condition.
- The 24MP Front Camera is as good as performance as the Rear Cameras. The selfies taken with the front camera are quite great with clear details and great color.
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro sports latest Kirin 980 SoC fabricated on the 7nm process. Apart from Apple, Huawei is the only company offering a 7nm chipset. Needless to say, Huawei Mate 20 Pro is quite powerful and is one of the fastest smartphones in the market. The powerful processor makes performing the day to day tasks on smartphone quite easy and even the heavy games like Asphalt 9 etc runs very smoothly.
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro runs Android 9.0 Pie with Huawei’s 9.0 EMUI skin on top. The interface is quite good and provides an amazing user experience.
- The battery provided in the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is about 4200mAH which is quite good compared to the 4000mAH battery provided in Galaxy Note 9. The battery easily lasts upto 2 days when used for normal day to day task whereas if used continuously, the battery lasts for a little more than a day. Huawei Mate 20 Pro comes with a Superfast 40W charger that can charge 70% of the battery in just about half an hour. Which is pretty amazing.
- One amazing fact about Huawei Mate 20 pro is that it also acts as an external QI wireless charger, enabling you to charge other wireless charging smartphones like iPhone XS or Pixel 3 by just placing it on the back of Mate 20 Pro.
- Sensors in Huawei Mate 20 Pro includes Fingerprint sensor, an Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Barometer, Light sensor, Proximity sensor, and a Compass. The Fingerprint sensor is situated in the middle, at the back of the phone and is easy to reach as well as fast and accurate.
- Huawei also provides an inbuilt fingerprint scanner which is placed within the display. As soon as you turn on the screen, the place where you have to place your fingerprint will become visible and you can easily unlock your phone.
- The 3D face unlock scanner which is placed in the notch at the top of the screen is also pretty cool as it unlocks the device with just one look of your face. It is very fast and hence quite handy.
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro sports what is known as invisible speakers. There are no audio grills for the secondary speaker as it is placed beside the USB-C port.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro: Cons
Here are the cons or disadvantages to buying Huawei Mate 20 Pro-
- In Huawei Mate 20 Pro, though the speakers are hidden quite cleverly into the USB-C slot when there is a charger plugged in, the sound comes out a bit muffled.
- Huawei does not provide the standard microSD card slot. It has provided its proprietary format that is for a smaller Nano SD card that is yet to be launched. Hence, this gets a bit frustrating for the users.
- The interface is a bit cluttered with lots of apps.
So this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest Huawei Mate 20 Pro, read further for our final words on whether or not you should buy this smartphone.back to menu ↑
Final Thoughts on Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Huawei Mate 20 Pro is an amazing smartphone with all the top level features, amazing performance, great cameras, and a big battery. The smartphone is quite well built and looks premium and the color choices are pretty good too. This smartphone has everything that it takes to give a tough competition to the top smartphones like iPhones, Galaxies, and Pixels. But it is yet to be seen how the Indian market receives this top-notch smartphone.
You can consider following phones as other option mentioned with the full pros and cons-
Still, if you any doubt after going through the Huawei Mate 20 Pro Pros and Cons or its conclusion then ask your question in the Comment and get Answer immediately.back to menu ↑
Huawei Mate 20 Pro: Price & Availability in India
Hand Picked Cases, & Back Cover for Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Huawei Mate 20 Pro: [Best/Lowest Price Alert]
We hope you like our post “Huawei Mate 20 Pro Pros and Cons” and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.