Honor View 10 Pros and Cons: Top 13 Solid Reason to buy & Top 8 Reason to not buy
Right after the launch of Honor 7X (Review), Huawei is back with a fresh flagship i.e. Honor View 10. Just like its predecessor Honor View 10 offers better hardware with a considerable middle price segment. The interesting thing with Honor View 10 is that it is equipped with Neural Processing Unit (NPU), which tends to learn the user’s behavior for a better experience, better photography and many more.
Today, you will see the review of Honor View 10 with pros and cons so that you can decide whether to buy this smartphone or not. Also, don’t forget to look at our Final overview or conclusion on Honor View 10. Also, let’s find out is it the smartphone for you in the year 2018?
Honor View 10: Price and Availability in India
This mind-blowing Honor flagship is offered at a price of Rs. 29,999 on Amazon. Being originally priced at Rs. 35,999.
- 20MP+16MP AI-powered dual primary camera and 13MP front camera with f/1.8 aperture.
- 5.9 Inch Full View FHD with 18:9 display capacitive touchscreen.
- With a front fingerprint sensor and a facial identification unlock(coming via an OTA update).
- Android v8.0 Oreo operating system with Huawei’s Kirin 970 Artificial Intelligence (AI) octa-core processor.
- Dual LTE/VoLTE and dual 4G sim slots (nano+nano).
- 1-year manufacturer warranty for smartphone and 6 months manufacturer warranty for in-box accessories including batteries from the date of purchase.
Present Competitors in Market: Honor View 10 vs
- OnePlus 5T (Review)
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 (Review)
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei Mate 10
- Honor 9
- Motorola Moto X4 (Review)
- Oppo F3 Plus
- Oppo F5
- Vivo V7 Plus (Review)
Honor View 10: Review with Pros and Cons
Huawei has been providing us with market shaking flagships for past few year. Honor View 10 is one of them, with full of awesome features. Every phone has some pros and cons and same is with Honor 10. Here, we present you review with advantages and disadvantages to understand its features more clearly and see whether it’s worth the price or not?
Honor View 10: Pros
- The great feature of Honor View 10 is the in-built Artificial Intelligence. Powered by Kirin 970 chipset, it has AI computing capabilities that run on Neural Processing Unit (NPU), capable to recognise users’ behaviour and work effectively. The AI powered camera lets us intelligently recognise the person, object or place you are at and lock images more effectively. It also helps in maintaining privacy of the user as the person with the registered face looks at the phone(Facila regconition will come to device via an OTA update), you can see a small preview of the notifications like you would on any android device.
- Design and built: The things that cross our mind when we first take a look at Honor View 10 is metallic, sleek and attractive, as it goes with the new market trend. The flagship is a metal unibody with slightly curve. Its flat back has antenna bands running along the top and bottom. Whereas coming to the bezel, it has slim bezels on the side but comparatively thicker at the top and bottom. The volume button and power button are on the right. Honor offers the Honor View 10 with two appealing colors i.e. Navy Blue and Midnight Black. It has a sleek and premium design with well built and a comfortable hold.
- Display: Going with the trend Honor View 10 has 18:9 Full View display with 5.99Inchs screen. A pixel density of 403 ppi and resolution of 2160 x 1080p. As it has an LCD display, it excellent and totally readable under direct sunlight or outdoor conditions. The display is sharp, bright and vibrant; with sharp text and great viewing angle.
- Rear Cameras: Honor View 10 has a dual camera setup 16MP + 20MP with RGB and monochrome respectively. The images captured in broad daylight or low light are sharp and good accompanied by vibrant and bright colours. At night with the direct light source, the image is average with low noise reduction. It has variety of modes and effects such as Bokeh are by far better than other devices in the same price range, monochrome mode is impeccable, portrait mode does a good job, an artist mode to apply filters before taking shots, an AR mode to apply effect after face detection, great pro mode to set various manual parameters, landscape are good, detailed and colour reproduction is quite accurate as well and many more to give life to the captured images.
- Front Camera: A 13MP camera that takes good selfies especially with portrait mode. These selfies can be enhanced by using the beautification mode.
- Video recording by the rear camera turns out to be 4K at the max and you can also get an option to shoot at 1080p at 60fsp. Whereas with the front camera you get 1080p max but with beautification, it turns out to be 720p.
- Performance: Honor View 10 is loaded with Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 970 10nm processor for a smooth everyday usage. Animations are swift, apps open instantly and EMUI’s Game Suite feature boosts the phone’s performance for great gaming experience without any trouble. It is no less in performance than any of the current flagship in the market.
- Battery: All thanks to the 3750mAh battery with Super-Charge, fast charging technology that can charge from 0 to 50% in half an hour. The Honor View 10 easily last for a day with medium usages (net surfing, gaming, video streaming, etc.) without exhausting the battery.
- It supports dual LTE/VoLTE and dual 4G SIM slots, which means both SIM cards can access their respective 4G and VoLTE networks without any trouble.
- And a front facing fingerprint sensor which lets you unlock the smartphone with a second that to accurately.
- It also supports Bluetooth 4.2, dual-band Wi-Fi (5 GHz), NFC, and USB-OTG.
- Honor View 10 is packed with an IR emitter that can be used to control the electronic devices like T.V, A.C, projector, & more.
- Single speaker still loud and Speaker is placed at the bottom which gives good sound experience, & it didn’t block the sound when placed on its back.
Bonus for your Visit: As you visit topbestof, we offer you the Best Spying Mobile App for Android and iOS.
Honor View 10: Cons
- At some point, the images are indecent and white is a bit off. Macro shots lack detail. At night, if the source of light is at distance the image lack detail and aggressive noise reduction.
- Images captured by the front camera with Bokeh are not satisfactory, as they edge are loss and gives artificial look.
- We weren’t able to find any video stabilization option with Honor View 10, so need to keep a steady hand while video recording.
- Lack of Gorilla Glass for the screen protection. Better you buy a tempered glass when you choose it as your smartphone.
- There is a blue tint on the display screen, which is clearly noticeable on the white background.
- The AI powdered camera sometimes was not able to recognise the objects. But still, we appreciate the company for integrating NPU to the smartphone at such a reasonable price.
- Does not have a face unlock, which is already present in the smartphone like OnePlus 5T.
- The look is basic and simple, nothing new has been done to it.
Conclusion: Honor View 10 Final thought on Review
Honor has surely honoured its name with the Honor View 10, as it is the first AI device in the price segment of Rs. 29,999. And has grabbed all the attention towards it with a great camera, smooth performance and an impressive hardware with software to support. If we overlook some of its above mentioned cons then it is the smart choice for 2018.
So this was the full review of Honor View 10 with merits and demerits. Share your experience on the post and tell was the post was helpful to you or not in the comment section.
Also, if you wish to see the Launching of Honor view 10 than look at the video attached below
Hand Picked other articles:
- Top 10 Best Phones under 15000 (Rs) in India Depth Review
- Infinix Zero 5 Pro Pros and Cons: Top 16 Solid Reasons to buy & 10 Reasons not to buy it
- Best Earphones under 500 Rs: These 5 earphones are best to pick in 500 (Depth Review)
- Gionee M7 Power Pros and Cons: Top 10 Solid Reason to buy & Top 8 Reason to not buy
- Top 10 Best Earphones to buy under ₹1000 in India (Depth Review)
- 10 Best Smartphone under 10000 (Rs) in India (Depth Review)
- Honor 7x Pros and Cons: Top 15 Solid Reason to buy & Top 12 Solid Reason to not buy
- Top 5 Cool & Best Youtube trick that you must know