Honor Play Pros and Cons- Solid Reasons to Change your Mind
Honor is constantly boosting the smartphone market. It is proving to be a tough competitor for mobiles like Xiaomi Mi A2, Nokia 7 Plus and Samsung Galaxy A6+. Packed with the latest technology and meeting the expectations of the ever-demanding global market, Honor has launched its first ever GPU Turbo technology Gaming Phone in the Indian Market that to keep it well under the cost as a mid-budget rage phone. Let’s check the pros and cons to understand this device better.
Here are the Honor Play Pros and Cons
- HiSilicon Kirin 970 processor: the most-powerful chipset to date.
- Out-of-box GPU Turbo technology
- Latest EMUI 8.2 user-interface with Android 8.1 Oreo
- 6GB of RAM
- UFS 2.1 storage for super-performance
- 3750mAh battery with excellent battery life.
- 16 PM front and rear (dual) camera
- 4D gaming device.
Honor Play: Pros or Reasons to buy
Here are the pros of the Honor Play-
- Honor play comes with a unibody solid look and easy to hold feel. The antenna at the curve is difficult to detect. Since, the front screen is protected by a tough glass screen specially designed by Huawei that is why Gorilla Glass protection is not required.
- It has a 2340×1080 resolution with 409 PPI pixel density. The 6.3-inch screen and bezel-less sides powered with FHD+ display and in-plane switching (IPS) technology prove to be perfect for extreme gaming experience giving a hard time to its competitors. It has an aspect ratio 19.5:9 which is better than Mi A2.
- Rear has dual-camera of 16MP and 2MP with (f2.2) and (f2.4) aperture with an LED flash and AI feature. The pictures from the rear camera in the ample lighting condition are very good & even portrait mode is good as well.
- Video recording on this phone comes with support for 4K@30FPS and 1080p@60FPS videos. The Video comes out to be stable to some extent and thanks to its EIS. Here is the Video Sample of Honor Play from Komputer Świat Sample-
- The front selfie-camera is 16MPwith (f2.0) aperture uses autofocus and pixel binning power. No shutter-time lags while taking pictures. For well lighting conditions, the selfie camera proves to be smart enough by detecting edges around the face with AI-based bokeh mode. The selfie-images are vibrant, dramatic and natural-looking. Though, it can capture videos at 30fpswith 4K resolution. On our experience with Honor play, camera feature will be discussed in later points with some elaborate real-time examples.
- This time Honor play is packed with craziness. It consists of one-of-a-kind GPU Turbo technology maximising its performance by 60 per cent whereas reducing power consumption by 30 per cent approx.
- This gaming device has an EMUI 8.2 user-interface on the top of Android 8.1 Oreo software along with its independent Neural-network Processing Unit (NPU). Although, few of the Google Play games are not supported by GPU Turbo unit.
- Talking about security, you can smartly use fingerprint scanner or passcode to add extra security it has safety feature like ‘File Safe’ and ‘Private Space’. Not only that, it has a quick face scanner.
- The Super-powerful chipset Kirin 970 Chipset with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of UFS 2.1 storage maximise the speed of phone apps. It further increases the gaming performance and battery life. You can play PUBG with fantastic graphics and have a 4D experience in gaming. During our test review, Honor Play proved to be a true gaming mobile phone to date. We have played Injustice 2, Modern Combat 5 games to which it gave us a quick launching and smooth multitasking experience.
- Phone’s 3750mAh battery does a fantastic job much better than Honor 9N. After charging the device once, lasted for more than a day with moderate to heavy handling on auto-brightness with a fast-charging feature. Another amazing feature is its USB Type-C port which quickly charges the phone battery from 0% to 100% in just 1.5 hours. Its battery life is optimised further by EMUI interface.
Honor Play: Cons or Reasons not to buy
Here are the cons of the Honor Play-
- Let’s start from where we have left, that is, Camera. The average performing camera of this phone struggles to give decent pictures. With portrait mode and sufficient light, the quality of the picture is very good exceptional than Redmi Note 5 Pro but not up to the mark when compared to Mi A2 low-light picture. This is because it lacks sharpness. Generally, the AI feature proves to give mind-blowing picture quality. But this is not the case with Honor Play. When we clicked pictures with AI turned-On, it over-saturated and increased noise level to such an extent that ruined our picture taking experience. The HDR mode should have default instead we have to turn it manually.
- Talking about selfies, the front camera performs below average in optimum light. Well, when we turned On the AI mode, the pictured became artificial looking though it increased the sharpness. We would say, it is better not to click photos using AI mode. The f/2.2 sensor in the front, limits the light focused on the camera. Making it difficult for the camera to get a perfect picture on a cloudy day by reducing the shutter speed.
- It would have been quite an easy handle the rear- fingerprint scanner if it was placed a little lower. This may not be a drawback for those with long fingers. Never the less, fingerprint scanner is very accurate and quick.
- On the right side lays, the volume rocker and power button sitting next to each other, making it a tough job to distinguish them by instant touch. Your finger might easily miss the button you want to operate.
- When you watch videos in landscape mode you will get black bars on the sides, reverting your display back to a more traditional 16:9 aspect ratio. If you watch something on YouTube, you can expand the video to fit the whole screen, slightly crop the video
- Unfortunately, it has a hybrid-SIM card slot. Which could be a disadvantage when will want to extend storage. With a hybrid-SIM slot, you can have dual SIM or single SIM+ Micro SD card.
So this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest Honor Play, read further for our final words on whether or not you should buy this smartphone.back to menu ↑
Final Thoughts on Honor Play
Honor Play being a budget gaming phone has a lot to give. It has an over-the-top quality 4D gaming experience. For a young-hearted gamer, this phone is what they would ask for. However, on the other side, those who love taking pictures more than enjoying games then they might back-off. But you might not keep yourself from experiencing the whole new level of craziness with speed, seamless design, fantastic battery life, and what not.
Honor Play is a power packed phone with unbeatable performance and latest technology and this is available in a mid-budget range.
Still if you any doubt after going through the Honor Play Pros and Cons, its conclusion then ask your question in the Comment and get Answer immediately.back to menu ↑
Like the Honor Play? Buy now!
Honor Play: Expert Score and User Ratings
- Very good battery life
- Well built, unibody metal design
- Good performance
- Hybrid-SIM slot
- Average camera performance
This was the short Honor Play Pros and Cons with the expert score.back to menu ↑
Honor Play [Best Price/Lowest Price Alert]
We hope you like our post “Honor Play Pros and Cons” and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.