Honor 9i Pros and Cons: Top 16 Solid Reason to buy and Top 9 reason to not buy
Recently, Honor which is the sub-brand of the Huwaei, launch a new smartphone in the range of middle budget. The Launched smartphone is Honor 9i. Seeing the trend of the Dual camera and 18:9 Full aspect ratio screen, Honor also launches its player into the market to give top competition to others smartphones likes Moto G5S Plus, Mi A1, Samsung On Max.
So Let’s discuss out the price, features, and full specifications of this smartphone. Not only this, we will check the day to day performance of this phone or you can say Honor 9i’s review. We will divide the review section into Honor 9i’s pros and cons.
Honor 9i: Price in India
This new smartphone comes with a price tag of Rs 17,999. Right Now, it is exclusively available on the Flipkart.
- First Phone to come up with Four Camera i.e., Two on rear and Two on the front.
- On Rear and Front, the dual camera setup is 16 + 2 MP and 13 + 2 MP respectively.
- 18:9 aspect ratio Full vision Display. Similarly, some other mid-range smartphones like LG Q6, and LG Q6 Plus, come up with 18:9 screen ratio.
- 4 GB RAM with 64 GB internal storage and powerful Kirin 659 octa core processor inside.
Future or Present Competitors in Market
- Xiaomi Mi A1
- Moto G5S Plus
- Samsung On Max
- Honor 8.
- Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie Pro.
- Vivo V7 Plus.
- LG Q6 Plus.
- LG Q6.
Honor 9i: Review with Pros and Cons
During our review, we find out many factors which were advantages on buying it while some factors were disadvantages on buying it. Let’s know the Honor 9i’s advantages and disadvantages on buying one by one.
Honor 9i: Pros
- Rear Camera: In outdoor and artificial lighting condition, it captures Good pictures with balanced color production and rich details. In Low light, the camera is above average as details and noise in pictures are good but oversharpening disappoints us. In bokeh effect mode, it performs average as it focuses well on the main object but blurring background is not upto the mark.
- Front Camera: In outdoor and artificial lighting condition, it takes selfies with good colour production. It does well in low-light in comparison to rear one. Also, front flash is plus point and will be loved by the Selfie lover. The front camera is also capable of taking the selfie with Bokeh effect. It performs better Bokeh effect than the rear one.
- Rear Camera Comparison: Overall, Honor 9i is better than the Mi A1 and Moto G5S plus. Only when you take pictures in zooming aspect than Mi A1 performs better. Thus, it is best camera smartphone under Rs 20,000.
- Front Camera Comparison: It offers best selfie experience in the range of 20,000. Thus, if you are a selfie lover then you must buy because right now it the best selfie smartphone under 20,000 Rs.
- Camera app: There are plenty of mode including Bokeh Effect, Pro mode. Even, you can download other modes.
- In term of Design and Build Quality, Honor does well here. With slim border all around the screen, it has metal unibody which makes it stronger. It was easy to hold this phone, and thanks to its curved body. The fingerprint scanner present at the back.
- Display: It comes with a 5.99-inch display which is quite rich in details. It comes with resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. Also, don’t get confused with it display size and body size. The size of the phone is nearby normal 5.5-inch smartphone whereas its “display” size is 5.99 inch. Still confuse then look at the image (On left- Honor’s 9i and on right side 5.5 inch iPhone)
- Gesture mode and Split Screen mode was useful for the day to day life.
- Battery: It has an average battery of 3340 mAh. It gives you a battery backup of 1 day in Normal usage.
- Sound grill present at the bottom, which is good for the better sound experience.
- Performance: Kirin 659 performs similarly to the Snapdragon 625. All heavy Games run without lag.
- Google Assistant comes built-in and We suggest you to also try Cortana- Microsoft’s personal assistant.
- Heating Issue: There is no heating issue with this device. Only the device gets warmer wile playing heavy games for longer time.
- Honor promises to provide the update of the Android Oreo 8.0.
- Auto Brightness perform well in indoor and Outdoor lighting condition.
- Cellular call quality is good.
Low in budget, check out this: Top 10 Best Smartphone under Rs 15000 in India with Depth review
Honor 9i: Cons
- Since it a camera-centric device but still in video recording, it takes time to focus on an object when you move the mobile to that object.
- Neither Rear nor Front is capable of 4K video recording.
- Battery: There is no fast or quick charging support. It takes about 2:45 Hr to fully charge this device.
- Company didn’t tell anything about protective glass used on screen. So it is better to used Tempered Glass when you buy it.
- Storage: It comes with Hybrid Sim Slot (at once- Dual Sim or 1 Sim + microSD). We have found solution for Hybrid sim Slot which you can try to on this or your older device to get rid of Hybrid sim slot. Check this- Use Dual Sim + microSD together, No more Hybrid Sim Slot Problem.
- There is no Gyroscope sensor. Means, you can’t do any VR stuff.
- It supports only Single band WiFi i.e., 2.4 GHz not 5 GHz one.
- No NFC is given.
- Earphone given inside the box is not good. (Top 10 Best Earphone to buy for Honor-9i under Rs 1000 in India- Depth Review or Top 5 Best Earphones under 500 in India with Depth Review)
Didn’t find your question or any doubt, feels free to ask via comment. Every question will be answered as soon as possible.
Right Now, It is the Best camera Smartphone under 20000
This not only performs in the camera section but also do smooth multitasking. Also, if you are comparing with other devices like Mi A1 or Moto G5S Plus then Honor 9i stands ahead. And, If you are comfortable with above mentioned cons then must go for it.
Thanks for Reading. We are eager to see you again.
Hand Picked other articles:
- Top 10 Best Phones under 15000 (Rs) in India Depth Review
- Best Earphones under 500 Rs: These 5 earphones are best to pick in 500 (Depth Review)
- Top 10 Best Earphones to buy under ₹1000 in India (Depth Review)
- 10 Best Smartphone under 10000 (Rs) in India (Depth Review)
- Top 5 Cool & Best Youtube trick that you must know