Honor 9 Lite Pros and Cons: Top 11 Solid Reason to buy and Top 6 Reason to not buy
After launching Honor 7x (Review) & Honor 9i (Review) in the Indian market, Huawei seems to be active in publishing latest trendy devices in the Indian smartphone market these days. Recently, they have launched Honor 9 Lite, a budget-oriented smartphone having lots of stunning features. The phone had been announced in October this year 2017. The smartphone comes with a 5.65-inch display with 7.6 mm of thickness. The Honor 9 Lite sports a dual 2.5D glass design and it runs on Android 8.0 Oreo. The first thing which you will notice about this smartphone is that the device has got refined glass design with mirror-like effect at its back which is pretty impressive. The Honor 9 Lite features a dual rear and a dual front camera, altogether it packs quad cameras. So let’s get started with review of Honor 9 Lite which is dividing into advantages and disadvantages.
Honor 9 Lite: Price and Availability in India
The price of Honor 9 Lite in India is 10,999 and it is available on Flipkart but not on Amazon.
- A good-looking smartphone having a display of 5.65-inch withFull HD+ resolution and 18:9 ratio.
- The honor 9 Lite runs on a Kirin 659 octa-core processor.
- Offers quad camera ( 2 front & 2 rear cameras ).
- Has 4GB RAM + 64GB internal storage. It is expandable upto 256GB.
- Includes a long-lasting (3,000 mAh battery)
- The phone has the latest Android 8.0 with EMUI 8.0.
- The Honor 9 Lite has two versions i.e (3GB RAM + 32GB ROM) & (4GB RAM + 64GB ROM) . Both the versions are respectively priced at Rs 10,999 & 14,999.
Present Competitor: Honor 9 lite vs
- Mi A1 (Review)
- Honor 7x (Review)
- Lenovo K8 Note (Review)
- Lenovo K8 Plus (Review)
- Moto G5S Plus (Review)
- Billion Capture+ (Review)
- Gionee M7 Power (Review)
Honor 9 Lite: Review with Pros and Cons
The Honor 9 Lite undoubtedly has got overall impressive specifications comparing to its price segment. But every smartphone comes with pros and cons & the same is with this phone. Honor 9 lite pros and cons is important for any new buyer to have a detailed information while buying a new smartphone and our main focus is to help readers know what are the merits and demerits. So let us help you all giving a detailed information of Honor 9 Lite review.
Honor 9 Lite: Pros
- Design: This phone comes in three different colours, among these blue one. The Honor 9 Lite has an impressive mirror glass finish at its back which is somewhere similar to iPhone 8 Plus. This is one of the highlighted features of Honor 9 Lite which makes the phone different from other mid-range smartphones.The Honor 9 Lite gave a premium feel to its metal unibody and we were pretty impressed by its elegant finishing. The device is quite compact and it fits easily on our wrists. It weighs only 149 grams.
- Display: The Honor 9 Lite has a 5.65-inch display with an 18:9 ratio with full HD+ which we also see in Honor 7x & Honor 9i. We noticed that the display was vibrant and it produced sharp texts and good colour combination. The phone allows you to adjust the lighting conditions according to your choice so that you can easily adjust the lights for the protection of your eyes.
- Camera: The camera on Honor 9 Lite gave us a wonderful experience. It is loaded with quad cameras. There are 13-megapixel primary sensors at the back of Honor 9 Lite and the rear one supports PDAF. Both the cameras have 2 extra sensors for your better understanding of the portrait mode and other effects available ion the camera app. You get two pairs of dual cameras with Honor 9 Lite.
- Rear Camera: There is a 13 MP + 2 MP camera setup on both front and back. The 13 Mp sensor is the primary sensor to capture detailed image and the 2 MP sensor captures the image depth.We captured great detailed pictures with the dual rear camera, especially in broad daylight and in outdoors. The flash is also quite effective and loaded with different beauty modes. We were overall satisfied with the colour reproduction function. The Autofocus seemed to be a bit quicker comparing to other smartphones.
- Front Camera: The front camera managed to capture decent selfies. The portrait mode works pretty fine with the front camera. Along with this, a bokeh mode is available for clicking portrait shots.
- Along with these specifications, the Honor 9 Lite supports Auto Focus, Face detection, HDR, Panorama Mode, Geo-tagging, Touch Focus, Digital Zoom and high-quality video recording. Alo the device supports NFC and dual band wifi.
- Performance: We did some multitasking on Honor 9 Lite for 2- 3 days. The device ran fairly well. It has got a powerful processor for a smooth multitasking experience. Some simple games were played on it, we didn’t face any problem with that, but in case of heavier games like Asphalt 8, somewhere we felt a bit lag during the gameplay. However, this didn’t seem to be a serious issue.
- Battery: It has a 3,000 mAh non-removable battery. The phone takes only two and a half hour to charge. We noticed that the phone was capable to run for 4-5 hours continuously without any issue. The idle temperature of the battery was 31 degrees. After playing Asphalt 8 for about half an hour, the temperature was 38 degrees. Overall the Honor 9 Lite will not disappoint you anyhow. The phone is always ready for your light and heavy usage.
- The speakers included in this handset is absolutely stunning. We performed the calling feature and the call quality was clear and the earpiece speaker was loud. Altogether the bundled speaker was loud and we enjoyed the musical experience with this device.
- Major sensors are available like Accelerometer, Compass/Magnetometer, Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, & Gyroscope sensor.
- This phone uses the F2FS (Flash-based files storage) system that helps in faster loading app even when lots of apps installed.
Honor 9 Lite: Cons
- As we have already mentioned about the design part earlier, it is a sleek smartphone having 7.6 mm of thickness, but somewhere we realized that the phone is a little bit slippery and scratch prone.
- The great price difference between lower and higher version of Honor 9 lite.
- It is a camera phone but still, it lacks EIS.
- We got no Gorilla Glass as display protection, which is utmost needed for durability of a smartphone. Better you use Tempered Glass if you are buying it.
- There is no support for fast charging, the device comes with a 5V 2A adapter.
- No earphone present inside the box. Looking for best earphone? Here are some- Top 10 Best Earphones to buy under ₹1000 in India (Depth Review) or Best Earphones under 500 Rs: These 5 earphones are best to pick in 500 (Depth Review).
Conclusion: Honor 9 Lite Review
Honor 9 Lite is the Best Phone under 10000 in India
At a price range of Rs 10,999, the Honor 9 Lite provides very good features to its users which gives tough competition to Xiaomi, Motorola and other branded smartphones. Talking about the design, the phone has a gorgeous design and the mirror glass effect makes it the best looking smartphone in this price segment. We are totally impressed by its FHD + display with narrow bezels. The camera part also satisfied our expectations. The dual cameras on both front and back does a pretty good job at this price point of view. As a drawback, the phone is powered by a Kirin 659 Octa-Core processor to handle daily light tasks, but if you are settling your mind to buy a smartphone for daily heavy usage, somewhere it will disappoint you. At last, in terms of connectivity you to deal with hybrid SIM slots configuration.
Honor 9 Lite: Rating, Pros and Cons, & Quick Review
- Elegant Design
- 18:9 Display
- Vivid Display
- Very Good Front Camera
- For Price, Rear Camera shines
- Android Oreo 8.0
- Good Day to Day Performance
- Phone using F2FS (Flash-based files storage) system
- Average Battery
- Hybrid Sim Slot
- No Protection on Screen
- Great price difference between lower & higher version
Didn't find the right price? Set price alert below
Also, here is the introductary video form Honor India on 9 Lite-
Hand Picked other articles:
- Top 10 Best Phones under 15000 (Rs) in India Depth Review
- LG V30+ Pros and Cons: Top 9 Solid Reason to buy & Top 6 Reason to not buy
- Best Earphones under 500 Rs: These 5 earphones are best to pick in 500 (Depth Review)
- Top 10 Best Earphones to buy under ₹1000 in India (Depth Review)
- Infinix Zero 5 Pro Pros and Cons: Top 16 Solid Reasons to buy & 10 Reasons not to buy it
- 10 Best Smartphone under 10000 (Rs) in India (Depth Review)
- Top 5 Cool & Best Youtube trick that you must know
|In The Box||Handset, PC Cover, SIM Pin, Charging Cable, Adapter, User Manual|
|Model Name||9 Lite|
|SIM Type||Dual Sim|
|Hybrid Sim Slot||Yes|
|Sound Enhancements||Noise Reduction: Dual-microphone Noise Reduction|
|Display Size||5.65 inch|
|Resolution||2160 x 1080 Pixels|
|Other Display Features||Support Multi-touch Technology|
|OS & Processor Features|
|Operating System||Android Oreo 8|
|Processor Type||Kirin 659|
|Processor Core||Octa Core|
|Primary Clock Speed||2.36 GHz|
|Secondary Clock Speed||1.7 GHz|
|Operating Frequency||GSM: 900 / 1800, WCDMA: 900 / 2100, 4G LTE FDD - B1, B3, B5, LTE TDD - B40, B41|
|Memory & Storage Features|
|Internal Storage||32 GB|
|Expandable Storage||256 GB|
|Supported Memory Card Type||microSD|
|Memory Card Slot Type||Hybrid Slot|
|Primary Camera Available||Yes|
|Primary Camera||13MP + 2MP|
|Primary Camera Features||Photo: Upto 4160 x 3120 Pixels, AF/PDAF, Wide Aperture Mode, Portrait Mode|
|Secondary Camera Available||Yes|
|Secondary Camera||13MP + 2MP|
|Secondary Camera Features||Photo: Upto 4160 x 3120 Pixels, Fixed Focus, Portrait Mode, Gesture Control|
|Full HD Recording||Yes|
|Video Recording Resolution||1920 x 1080 Pixels|
|Dual Camera Lens||Primary & Secondary Camera|
|Network Type||4G VOLTE, 3G, 2G|
|Supported Networks||4G VoLTE, UMTS, GSM, WCDMA|
|Internet Connectivity||4G, 3G, GPRS, EDGE, Wi-Fi|
|3G Speed||HSDPA Cat 24: 42 Mbit/s (DL), HSUPA Cat 6: 5.76 Mbit/s (UL), WCDMA: 384 Kbit/s (UL), 384 Kbit/s (DL)|
|Micro USB Port||Yes|
|Wi-Fi Version||802.11 b/g/n, 2.4 GHz|
|GPRS Features||40 Kbit/s (UL), 60 Kbit/s (DL)|
|Audio Jack||3.5 mm|
|EDGE Features||Class 12: 236.8 Kbit/s (UL), 296 Kbit/s (DL)|
|Map Support||Google Maps|
|SIM Size||Nano SIM|
|Graphics PPI||428 PPI|
|Sensors||Fingerprint Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Compass, Gravity Sensor, Phone Status Indicator|
|Other Features||4G LTE FDD - Cat 4: 150 Mbit/s (DL), 50 Mbit/s (UL), 4G TDD LTE - Cat 4: 110 Mbit/s (DL), 10 Mbit/s (UL), Device Control: Power Key, Volume Up Button, Volume Down Button, Charging Time: About 2.5 hrs, Power Supply - Output: 5V / 2A, SwiftKey Keyboard and Google Voice, Email - POP3 / IMAP / Exchange, Wi-Fi Direct, Software Update (HOTA (Huawei Over The Air), USB Charging|
|Battery & Power Features|
|Battery Capacity||3000 mAh|
|Warranty Summary||Brand Warranty of 1 Year Available for Mobile|