Honor 10 Pros and Cons- Solid Reasons to Change your Mind
Have you been considering to buy the new Honor 10 from Huawei? Are you confused as to whether it is the right phone for you or not? Do you want a better, more elaborate explanation of all the features that it has that may or may not be useful to you? Then you are at the right place because we will be doing exactly that, we will break down feature by feature the Honor 10 and list out all the pros and cons, based on the average user’s experience.
The Honor 10 is in close competition with OnePlus 6, Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A8, Nokia 8 Sirocco etc. But this smartphone has some unique features up its sleeves that give it the edge over its competition. The Honor 10 is priced very competitively to give the flagship devices a run for their money. We are here to clear your mind of all doubts about this device and help you decide whether to buy it or not.
Honor 10 Pros and Cons
- Aurora Glass Design back, that reflects colours and produce vivid colours.
- 5.84″ FullView Display with 19:9 aspect ratio and FHD+ Resolution.
- 24MP+16MP AI Camera with f1.8 Wide Aperture Lens with 24MP Front Camera.
- UltraSonic Under Glass Fingerprint Scanner and AI Face Recognition
- Hisilicon Kirin 970 Octa-Core CPU with independent AI NPU chip and 6GB RAM and 128GB ROM
- 3400mAh battery with Honor Fast Charge
Honor 10: Pros or Reasons to buy
Here are the positive things about Honor 10 that you should note down-
- On the rear, there is a dual camera, one is a 16-MP RGB camera, another one is a 24-MP monochrome sensor. It can optimise the images of person and object accordingly. It is smart enough to detect the surrounding and change the mode of the camera accordingly & not only this, when you point the phone to a person, it automatically switches to portrait mode.
- On the front, there is 24 MP and undoubtedly performance very well. Bokeh shots using front camera were great. Recommended for Selfie Lover- 5 Latest Best Selfie Sticks in India- 2018 [Expert Pick].
- Honor implemented AR sticker which works well and can be used with both front and rear camera.
- Overall the picture quality from the rear camera was impressing either in outdoor, indoor lighting, & low-lighting condition. The images were sharp and high in detail. Sometimes, the picture shots using AI mode turns out to be overexposed.
- The Static video recording comes out to be great. Here is the video sample from Recombu-
- Facial recognition works quite well in proper lighting condition whereas, in unfavourable lighting condition, the brightness of the screen increases automatically to illuminate the face. So far, for the price point of view, we didn’t feel any problem here.
- In term of design, Honor 10 looks and feel like a premium device and is ahead of all its competitor. It has 2.5D curved back glass which is made of high-grade material ensuring the rigidity of the device. Overall, it looks similar to iPhone X which was loved by the people.
- This phone comes with an impressive screen to body ratio that is 86.2 % which make it a smartphone with minimal screen border. The phone is compact and handy and thanks to its curved glass back, rounded corners, & curved edges.
- The Honor 10 comes with a 5.84-inch FHD+ IPS LCD with an aspect ratio of 19:9 and a pixel density of 432ppi. The colour production is sharp and crisp whereas the viewing angle was great.
- It has an impressive weight that is 153g.
- The processor used here is Huawei’s own HiSilicon Kirin 970 processor. The same processor is used in Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, and Honor View 10. This processor is capable of handling AI computations. As a result, your data will be not uploaded to cloud for calculation and thus, will protect your privacy.
- Gaming(Asphalt 8, PUBG) and Day to day multitasking run smoothly.
- Honor 10 comes will all necessary sensor. Even, it comes with dual-band Wi-Fi due to which you can connect to 2.4 & 5.0 GHz band.
- This phone comes with latest Android Version that is Android 8.0 Oreo. Also, it has inbuilt Google Assistant which we love to play with it. Recommended for you- Experience Google Assistance to Awesome level with 100+ Ok Google Commands.
- It’s latest Custom ROM that is EMUI 8.1 is well optimised.
- Unlike Google Pixel 2, & iPhone X, the company didn’t remove the 3.5 mm Headphone Jack. Recommended Earphones for you- Top 5 Best Earphones under 1500 Rs in India | Amazing Sound quality & Bass- 2018 [Expert Pick].
Honor 10: Cons or Reasons to not buy
Here are the negative things about Honor 10 that you should note down-
- Despite having a glass back, honor didn’t provide wireless charging.
- 3D portrait modes work decently and can be improved via a software update.
- There is not stabilization present neither OIS nor EIS whereas OnePlus 6 delivers the same.
- The Battery of this phone is not up to the mark. It didn’t last for the whole day. Recommended Powerbank- Top 5 Best 20000 mAh Power banks in India- 2018 [Expert Pick] & 5 Best Power bank under 1500 Rs in India- 2018 [Expert Pick].
- The company claims that they are providing fast charger but no. Actually, bundled charger only gives 10 W and take near about 2 hr to charge fully.
- While heavy gaming for the long period, the phone tends to heat up alot.
- There is not kind of IP Rating present on this device. Means, it is not a waterproof phone. Recommended for you- IP67 vs IP68: Waterproof IP Rating Explained [with Flow Chart]
- It would be better if Honor 10 comes with AMOLED display and storage expansion. Even, It’s new competitor OnePlus 6 comes with the AMOLED display.
- We appreciate Honor for embedding fingerprint sensor on the front under display but it is slow in response.
So, this was the advantages and disadvantages of Honor 10, let’s head toward the final thought.back to menu ↑
Final thought on Honor 10
Honor 10 is the best phone that ever honor deliver into the market. It features an impressive camera, vivid display, stunning design, & a powerful processor. There are few areas where this phone is not that good. Battery life, video recording, heating issue are some of those areas where it is not that great. Apart from all, Honor 10 offers very good value for the money.back to menu ↑
Honor 10: Expert Score & User Rating
- Impressive camera
- Vivid display
- Stunning design
- Powerful processor
- Light and Compact
- Weak battery life
- Overheats on heavy gaming, multitasking
- Problematic fingerprint sensor
- Mixed results with camera AI
Like the Honor 10? Buy Now!
Honor 10 [Best Price/Lowest Price Alert]
We hope you like our post “Honor 10 Pros and Cons” and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.
Our Hand Picked other Articles:
- Top 5 Best Earphones under 500 Rs in India- 2018
- Honor View 10 Pros and Cons: Top 13 Solid Reason to buy & Top 8 Reason to not buy
- Nokia 7 Plus Pros and Cons: Top 20 Reasons to buy and Top 5 Reasons not to buy
- Top 5 Best VR Headsets under 1500 to buy in India- 2018 [Expert Pick]
- Top 5 Best Smartwatches under 10000 Rs in India- 2018 [Expert Pick]
- 5 Best Mobile Phones under Rs 25000 in India- May 2018 [Expert Pick]
- Top 5 Best Smartphones under 5000 Rs in India- 2018 [Expert Pick]