Flipkart Billion Capture+ Pros and Cons: Top 16 Solid Reasons to buy & Top 8 Reasons not to buy
Recently, Flipkart has launched its brand new smartphone and is totally gear up for its first and foremost debut in the Indian Market. It has been launched by the new Flipkart brand ‘Billion‘ and name of the smartphone is Billion Capture+. Flipkart goes with the tagline “Made in India and Made for India” which clarify that the device is exclusively made in India & while creating Billion Capture+, the Indian market has been kept in the mind. Billion Capture+ has solid specifications and we will discuss almost all of them one by one under this review.
Now, let’s get down to the business and discuss it’s price, features & full specification. Along with it, we will also look at the Flipkart Billion Capture+’s pros and cons.
Billion Capture+: Price and Availability in India
The Billion Capture+, the first smartphone of Flipkart comes in two different variants. First, with 3GB Ram and 32GB internal storage at price tag of Rs. 10,999, whereas the other one comes with 4GB RAM and 64BG internal storage at price tag of Rs. 12,999. Right now, Billion Capture+ is available only on Flipkart.
- Dual Rear Cameras setup ,i.e. 13 MP + 13 MP on back
- 8 MP front facing camera
- 5.5-inch FHD display
- Billion Capture+ has 3,500 mAh battery that supports Quick charging
- Stock Android(Nougat) with Confirm update.
- Billion Capture+ is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor.
- Two variant- 3GB/4GB RAM and 32GB/64GB ROM.
Present Competitors: Billion Capture+ vs
Billion Capture+: Review with Pros & Cons
In this brand new device, there are many factors which can be helpful, while some of them can be a total waste for the users. Therefore, let’s go through some of Flipkart Billion Capture+’s pros and cons one by one.
Billion Capture+: Pros or Reason to buy
- Rear Camera: Billion Capture+ has a Dual rear camera system. Both primary & secondary cameras have 13 MP + 13 MP with RGB & Monochrome sensor respectively. They have f/2.0 aperture with pixel size of 1.12μ We have experienced that the images taken in the daylight are bright and well detailed. While using dual camera with Bokeh mode captures nice image but is a bit smudged at the edges. To use pro or any other mode, you have to go to the setting icon as there are no options available on the screen.
- Front Camera: There is a 8 MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture and 1.12 μm pixel size, which is pretty much the same as rear camera. The images captured in both natural as well as artificial lighting is decent with a screen flash being added to the equation.
- Design & Built quality: With chrome finishing on the edge and aluminium rear panel gives Billion Capture+ a premium and shiny look. Easy-to-hold around the round edges helps to have a firm and comfortable grip. As bezels are present above and below, the screen-to-body ratio of the phone is about 71%.
- Easy-to-reach fingerprint reader at the back. The fingerprint sensor is fast and accurate. We were able to add up to 5 fingerprints.
- Display: It has 5.5 inch IPS LCD screen with FHD resolution, all of this brings out vibrant colour and all big or small details in high definition are clearly visible. Billion Capture+ has 1920 x 1080 screen resolution and pixel density is about 401 ppi (pixels per inch).
- The 2.5D curved glass display gives an amazing viewing experience and Dragontrail Glass protects the device and makes it durable. Here is the image to clear your doubt on 2.5D Glass.
- Processor: Billion Capture+ is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 SoC with the Adreno 506 GPU, which lets us experience the multitasking smoothly and effortlessly with no lagging at all. We tested games like Asphalt 8, Modern combat 5 and more but the device didn’t lag anywhere.
- Software: When considering it’s software, Billion Capture+ is stocked with Android v7.1.2, the latest Android Nougat version. That let you enjoy uber cool features like switching between two apps with double tapping, split-screen for multitasking & on-the-go messaging without opening the apps. The brand Billion has guaranteed an upgrade to the latest Android Oreo for the device.
- Battery: Built-in with a non-removable 3500mAh battery and a free Quick Charge adaptor with a type C USB port. We discovered that it takes nearly 1hour and 45 minutes to charge form 0% to 100% whereas only about 40 minutes to charge up to 50%, which is quite fast. Once it’s fully charged battery life lasts for a day even with video streaming and gaming. The battery also lasts up to 30 hours of 3G call or 12 hours of video streaming. One can enable battery saver to extend the battery life when the battery is low. The Battery performance is good than expected.
- The Billion Capture+ comes with free, secure and unlimited cloud storage, so there is never shortage storage space.
- Heating Issue: There is no heating issue with this device. The device starts to get warm only when it is used for long hours of gaming.
- Had an amazing gaming experience while playing Asphalt 8 and Mortal Combat 5, as Billion Capture+ has no lagging and runs smoothly.
- Other connectivity features which Billion Capture+ includes are WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 and GPS. It also has USB OTG (on-the-go) support.
- It supports various sensors like Accelerometer, G – Sensor, Fingerprint Sensor, Light Sensor, Gyroscope, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor. With Gyroscope sensor, you can perform VR stuff on this smartphone.
- The sound grill present at the bottom of the phone. Thus, it gives sound experience and also it doesn’t block sound when you kept phone on its back.
- Flipkart says that they have 130 service centre in 125 cities and town across India.
Searching best smartphone under 15,000, here are those- Top 10 Best Phones under 15000 (Rs) in India Depth Review
Billion Capture+: Cons or Reason to not buy
- As it has been named as Billion Capture+, it does not justify the name. The image produce in both in indoor or outdoor setting looks unnatural and way to bright. In low light setting images look dark, unnatural saturation and colour looks awful. While using Super night mode, had to hold the phone still even though the image quality is average and during portrait mode, it takes to much time to process the image.
- The loudspeaker grill present at the bottom is good only at average volume but at full volume sound quality degrades and is not clear.
- It comes with Hybrid Sim Slot (at once- Dual Sim or 1 Sim + microSD). Which may not be preferred by a large number of people.
- Billion Capture+ is capable of 4K video recording. But the video quality is not good enough and looks unrealistic.
- Does not support NFC.
- The doesn’t support Dual band WiFi. Thus, you can’t connect to 5 GHz WiFi band.
- If you are in search of Infrared sensor, then you miss on it.
- The Smartphone is heavy i.e, 176g even it doesn’t bear 4000 or 4000+ mAH battery.
Conclusion: Billion Capture+
Hardly, the first product from any company stands out to be not very good but Flipkart stands well here. Flipkart’s Billion Capture+ is the solid performer in the mid-range segment of the smartphone. However, it was still unable to overcome other smartphones standing strongly in the market. It performs same as what mention on the paper but not in the camera section. Thus, Billion Capture+ stands ahead of Redmi Note 4, Lenovo K8 Note but not of Mi A1, Honor 7x or Moto G5 Plus.
Hand Picked other articles:
- Top 10 Best Phones under 15000 (Rs) in India Depth Review
- Best Earphones under 500 Rs: These 5 earphones are best to pick in 500 (Depth Review)
- Top 10 Best Earphones to buy under ₹1000 in India (Depth Review)
- 10 Best Smartphone under 10000 (Rs) in India (Depth Review)
- Top 5 Cool & Best Youtube trick that you must know
|In The Box||Handset, USB Cable, Adapter, SIM Tray Remover Pin, User Guide, Screen-Guard (Attached to the Screen)|
|SIM Type||Dual Sim|
|Hybrid Sim Slot||Yes|
|Display Size||5.5 inch|
|Resolution||1920 x 1080 Pixels|
|Resolution Type||Full HD|
|HD Game Support||Yes|
|Display Colors||16 M|
|Other Display Features||Contrast Ratio: 1000:1, 2.5D Dragontail Glass, Metal Body|
|OS & Processor Features|
|Operating System||Android Nougat 7.1.2|
|Processor Type||Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 64-bit Octa Core 2GHz|
|Processor Core||Octa Core|
|Primary Clock Speed||2 GHz|
|Operating Frequency||GSM - 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz, WCDMA - 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz, 4G LTE - TDD Band (40 / 41), FDD - Band (1 / 3 / 5)|
|Memory & Storage Features|
|Internal Storage||32 GB|
|Expandable Storage||128 GB|
|Supported Memory Card Type||microSD|
|Memory Card Slot Type||Hybrid Slot|
|Primary Camera Available||Yes|
|Primary Camera||13MP + 13MP|
|Primary Camera Features||Samsung Sensor, Aperture: F2.0, Pixel Size: 1.12micrometer Stacked Sensor, Auto Focus with PDAF|
|Secondary Camera Available||Yes|
|Secondary Camera Features||Aperture: F2.0, Camera Pixel Size: 1.12 microns|
|Flash||Rear Dual Tone 1A True Flash|
|Full HD Recording||Yes|
|Video Recording Resolution||1080p|
|Frame Rate||1080p at 30fps, 720p at 120 fps|
|Dual Camera Lens||Primary Camera|
|Video Call Support||Yes|
|Network Type||4G, 4G VOLTE, 2G, 3G|
|Supported Networks||4G VoLTE, 4G LTE, UMTS, WCDMA|
|Internet Connectivity||3G, 4G, EDGE, GPRS, Wi-Fi|
|Pre-installed Browser||Google Chrome|
|Micro USB Port||No|
|Mini USB Port||No|
|Wi-Fi Version||802.11 b/g/n|
|Audio Jack||3.5 mm|
|Map Support||Google Maps|
|SIM Size||Nano Sim and Nano Sim|
|Graphics PPI||401 PPI|
|Predictive Text Input||Yes|
|Sensors||G-sensor, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor, Gyroscope, Hall Sensor, Fingerprint|
|Upgradable Operating System||Yes|
|Other Features||Support for VoLTE, eMBMS|
|Audio Formats||AAC, AMR-NB/WB, FLAC, MP3, MIDI, Opus, PCM/WAVE, Vorbis|
|Video Formats||H.263, H.264 AVC(BP,MP), H.265 HEVC, MPEG4 SP, VP8, VP9|
|Battery & Power Features|
|Battery Capacity||3500 mAh|
|Talk Time||MO Call Over 3G - 25 hrs 15 min, MO Call Over 4G(Jio) - 15 hrs : 54 min : 6 sec|
|Warranty Summary||Brand Warranty of 1 Year Available for Mobile and 6 Months for Accessories|
|Warranty Service Type||For warranty claims or any product related support reach out to customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or +91 80 46331002. Customers will need to walk-in the service center with valid invoice between 09:30 am - 05:30 pm (on all working days, except holidays).|
|Covered in Warranty||Warranty applies to handset hardware, original battery and adapter. The scope of warranty only cover Labour and Parts.|
|Not Covered in Warranty||Warranty does not cover commercial use of product and accessories; damage caused to the product due to improper use by customer; accidental damage; damage due to power surges and any Acts of God.|
|Domestic Warranty||1 Year|