The market for the smartphones is constantly changing and with this change the smartphone companies are also coming up with new smartphones every day. Recently, Japanese company Panasonic also launched their new smartphone Eluga Ray 500.
So today we are going to check out this new smartphone from Panasonic and will discuss its price, features and more with you. Not only this we will discuss our the user experience with device and let you know the Panasonic eluga ray 500’s pros and cons on buying it.
Panasonic Eluga Ray 500: Price and Availability in India
The phone was launched by Panasonic in September 2017. The Eluga Ray is available at a price of Rs. 8,999. You can buy the phone from Flipkart. The device is available in Mocha Gold, Marine Blue, Champagne Gold colours.
- First Device from the Panasonic that arrives with the Dual camera.
- 13 MP + 8 MP dual rear camera with a LED Flash.
- 5 MP Front camera equipped with LED Flash.
- Runs on Latest Android Nougat 7.0.
- 4000 mAh battery for a long run.
Future or Present Competitors in Market:
- Redmi Note 4
- Redmi 4
- Lenovo K8 Plus
- Infocus Turbo 5 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy On7 PRO
- Panasonic P55
- Lenovo K8
Panasonic Eluga Ray 500: Review with Pros and Cons
Every device has its own pros and cons. So let’s check out Panasonic Eluga Ray 500’s advantages and disadvantages one by one.
Panasonic Eluga Ray 500: Pros
- Rear Camera: In outdoor and artificial lighting condition, you will get pictures with good amount of colour and details. On Zooming the clicked pictures, you will notice the noise. In low lighting condition, you will be disappointed here. The images come out is full of noise and colour was not balanced.
- The Eluga ray 500 has a 5 inch IPS LCD display. A 2.5D curved glass is given on the screen to give a premium feel and make sure for the better grip into the hands.
- The device is very handy and can be operated with one hand easily.
- The colour composition is quite rich in the display and you can even work under bright sunlight.
- Eluga Ray 500 supports an impressive 4000 mAh battery. It gives you a standby of one and a half day with a normal usage.
- The Fingerprint is embedded in the home button and it accurate but not fast.
- The Panasonic Eluga ray 500 comes with a stocked android 7.0. The stocked version is very clean and very light. This makes the device fast and responsive.
- The UI also Contains pre-loaded Voice Assistant ARBO. ARBO is the Panasonic Virtual AI. It provides the functionality of talkback and text to speech.
- The split screen mode is very useful for multitasking.
- The speakers are provided under the phone beside the charging port. This does not block your sound when you put your phone on its back.
Still finding best smartphone, then must go here- Top 10 Best Smartphone under 10000 (Rs) in India (Depth Review)
Panasonic Eluga Ray 500: Cons
- Even after having dual camera you cannot use both the cameras at the same time but only a single camera at one time i.e. you can use the 13 MP camera for normal pics or 8 MP camera for wide angle shots.
- Its 5 MP selfie camera does a decent job and gives pictures with good colour production but with decent details. On the zooming the clicked image, you will notice the degradation of the image quality.
- Hybrid Sim slot. Means you can use only 1 sim + microSD or Dual Sim at once. We have found solution for Hybrid sim Slot which you can try to on this or your older device to get rid of Hybrid sim slot. Check this- Use Dual Sim + microSD together, No more Hybrid Sim Slot Problem.
- Panasonic didn’t inform anything about protective glass used on screen. So we suggest you- Use the Tempered Glass on display when you buy it.
- The overall weight of the device is 163 g. Which is a little heavy if we compare to other devices which have a polycarbonate body.
- The phone only has a single band Wi-Fi connectivity. It does not provide the connectivity to a 5 GHz band. 5 GHz band provides a better connectivity.
- The Multitasking on the device is smooth till the normal usage but you will find lag on heavy usage.
- The display only supports the resolution up to 720 x 1080 pixels. It competitor gives FHD display in this price range.
- This phone is not made for the hard-core gamers. The device lags while playing heavy games.
- Fast charging is not supported by this phone and it takes a 2:45 hours to charge the phone fully.
- The phone lacks the gyroscope sensors in it. The users can not enjoy the Virtual reality stuff in it.
- There is no infrared sensor present in the phone.
- The is no facility of NFC provided in the Panasonic eluga ray 500.
- The speakers also have a low sound as compared to other phones. You can use the speakers to listen to music in a quiet room but not in a place with noise.
- Earphone given inside the box is not good. (Top 10 Best Earphone to buy for Honor-9i under Rs 1000 in India- Depth Review or Top 5 Best Earphones under 500 in India with Depth Review)
Still, any doubt or any question then feel free to ask via comment. We will be happy to answer every your question.
Panasonic Eluga Ray 500: Conclusion
The phone excels in the battery life. For normal day to day usage, it is a good choice but not best as it does not perform well in the camera and performance section. If you want other smartphones better than this then go via it- Top 10 Best Smartphone under 10000 (Rs) in India (Depth Review).