- Excellent construction quality.
- Bright, vibrant HDR display.
- Frequent Updates
- HDR10-capable screen
- Specifications aren’t very competitive
- Poor low-light camera performance
- Hybrid Sim Slot
Nokia 8.1 (Nokia 7.1 Plus) Pros and Cons
The year 2018 has witnessed the surge of Nokia smartphones in the Indian market once again. Nokia has launched many amazing smartphones in 2018 and it seems that they will be bidding the year a warm goodbye with the launch of yet another cool smartphone. Nokia 8.1 is the most awaited smartphone from the smartphone giant and is claimed to be better than the smartphones launched by Nokia to date.
Nokia 8.1 is expected to be launched on 19 December 2018 and its price is speculated to be around Rs.17999. Nokia 8.1 is a mid-range smartphone which offers a powerful processor along with various cool features. But it is yet to be seen whether the smartphone is going to prove as good as it is claimed to be, especially against its competitors like Honor play, Poco F1, Asus Zenfone 5Z, and Samsung A9(2018).
So, We have discussed Nokia 8.1 (Nokia 7.1 Plus) pros and cons in detail so that you have a clear idea about the strengths and weaknesses of this phone.
Nokia 8.1 Pros and Cons in detail-
- 6.18 inches (15.7 cm) IPS FHD+ LCD display with 1080 X 2246p resolution
- Rear Dual-camera 12 MP + 13 MP and 20 MP Selfie camera.
- 3500 mAh powerful battery with Fast charging feature.
- 4 GB RAM with 64 GB ROM.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 710.
- Android 8.1 (Oreo).
Nokia 8.1: Pros
Here are the pros or advantages of buying Nokia 8.1 (Nokia 7.1 Plus)-
- With a glass back and a metallic frame, Nokia 8.1 (Nokia 7.1 Plus) looks a lot like Nokia 7.1. It looks sleek and stylish and can easily compete with flagship smartphones in looks. It gives a good in-hand feeling with the curved edges. Coming to the front of the smartphone, it comes with a notch at the top. If you want you can hide the notch via settings. Phone also comes with Corning Gorilla glass, though the version is not yet mentioned by the company.
- Nokia 8.1 (Nokia 7.1 Plus) features a big 6.18-inch multi-touch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2246 pixels at the PPI of 403 pixels per inch. It offers an IPS LCD display with an aspect ratio of 18.7:9. The colors pop out nicely with good brightness. Also, the display on it is HDR 10-capable screen.
- This phone sports a 12MP+13MP dual rear camera with Exmor RS CMOS sensor and dual color flash. The photos taken in good lighting conditions are crisp with bright colors and clear detailing. While in low lighting, dual tone flash works quite brilliantly to capture images with minimum noise. The Bokeh mode in this Nokia phone is also great. Other modes offered are Continuous Shooting, High Dynamic Range (HDR), Panorama, Portrait mode, etc. The camera also has features like Digital Zoom, Auto Flash, Face Detection, Touch to Focus, etc. You can also record great videos of 2160p at 30fps resolution. The smartphone also comes with OIS and EIS.
- This phone sports a 20MP front camera with an aperture of f/2.0. The pictures taken in good lighting are pretty amazing, with clear detailing and bright colors. The screen flash proves quite handy in low-lighting conditions.
- Runs on Android 8.1 (OREO) operating system which is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 chipset paired with Octa-core processor (2.2 GHz, Dual-core, Kryo 360 + 1.7GHz, Hexa-core, Kryo 360). For a smooth and flawless performance, the smartphone features a 4GB RAM with 64GB of internal storage which can be extended upto 400 GB.
- Along with the best of specifications, to make gaming experience amazing for Gaming enthusiasts, it is powered by Adreno 616 GPU. Heavy games like PUBG, Asphalt 9 and others run smoothly on this devices without a lag or hick in the experience. It also comes with Android One custom User Interface(UI). With these powerful specs, it gives a tough competition to its competitor smartphones.
- It comes with a battery of 3500mAH which enables you to easily handle your day to day task without the need to charge the smartphone for a full day. With heavy usage, the battery lasts for 12 hours. It Supports fast charging which enables about 50% battery to get charged within 30 minutes.
- Sensors in Nokia 8.1 includes Face unlock, Compass/ Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, and Gyroscope.
- All latest features like – Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5, NFC, and USB Type-C are present.
Nokia 8.1: Cons
Here are the cons or disadvantages of buying Nokia 8.1 (Nokia 7.1 Plus)-
- No any kind of IP Rating.
- The smartphone is a bit slippery with its extra smooth back but this problem can be easily resolved with the back cover provided in the box.
- The notch is a bit large compared to the previous Nokia smartphones and does not look too good.
- Comes with 3500mAH battery which is a bit disappointing. Most of the smartphones within this price segment comes with a 4000mAH battery.
- There is no dedicated micro-SD card slot provided. Either one can put a second SIM card or a micro-SD card in the phone.
So this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest Nokia 8.1, read further for our final words on whether or not you should buy this smartphone.back to menu ↑
Final Thoughts on Nokia 8.1
Now comes the question of whether Nokia 8.1 (Nokia 7.1 Plus) is good enough to buy or not.
The smartphone is amazing in looks. In terms of real-world usage, the experience was predictably smooth both the front and rear cameras perform quite well.
You can consider following phones as other option mentioned with the full pros and cons-
- Honor Play Pros and Cons
- Xiaomi Poco F1 Pros and Cons
- Asus Zenfone 5Z Pros and Cons
- Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) Pros and Cons
Still, if you any doubt after going via the Nokia 8.1 Pros and Cons or its conclusion then ask your question in the Comment and get Answer immediately.back to menu ↑
Nokia 8.1: Price & Availability
Nokia 8.1: Best/Lowest Price Alert
We hope you like our post- Nokia 8.1 Pros and Cons and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.
Enter your email address to subscribe to topbestof and receive notifications of new posts by email
Honor Play (Navy Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)
Nokia 6.1 (Black, Copper, 32 GB)(3 GB RAM)
Nokia 7.1 4 GB 64 GB Steel
Panasonic Eluga Ray 700 (Champagne Gold, 32 GB)(3 GB RAM)
Acer Aspire 3 (Pentium/4 GB/1 TB/39.62 cm (15.6 Inch)/ Windows 10) Aspire 3 A315-32...