Android developers have officially announced Android 7.1.2 OTA Nougat which will begin with a public beta build.This Public Beta releases are not for everyone, only available for developers as of now, which is quite interesting you would be to know about.
Android 7.1.2 Beta Version will be available for Pixel and Pixel XL, Nexus Player, Nexus 5X, and Pixel C devices. While they are planning to release an update for Nexus 6P soon. So it’s not available to all Android Users, as it is an incremental maintenance released whose focus is on refinements over existing Android 7.1.1 that can fix a number of bugs, performance optimisations, along with other small numbers of enhancements including several bug fixes as reported by users who are running the Android 7.1.1 software version & all this can be good for the shake of Android users who will be using it in future.
If you want to try this beta version you can go either way.
- Enroll the device in automatic OTA system updates through Android Beta Program. Once enrolled, your device will receive over-the-air (OTA) updates within 24 hours to arrive after opting in.
The Android Beta Program gives you an opportunity to try out pre-release versions of Android and provide feedback. Devices that you opt into the program will receive an over-the-air (OTA) update to the latest beta version of Android N.When the next version of Android is released, your device will automatically update to the final version.
- Download a 7.1.2 Public Beta system image and flash the device. If you will go through this process then OTA updates will not be provided automatically for Smartphones. When the final version of Android is released, you can download the final device image from the factory images page.
You may opt-out of the program at any time to return to the stable, public version of Android.Note: If you opt-out when your device is running a beta version of Android, all user data on the device will be wiped.
General Known Issues
that you may face when running a Beta release version
- On Pixel C devices, Quick Settings may not be visible in some cases.
- Pixel launcher may crash when trying to search apps while a physical keyboard is connected.
- Occasional UI hangs.
- Wi-Fi stability issues.
- It may cause various stability, battery, or performance issues on supported devices.
- Some apps may not function as expected on this public beta release. This includes Google’s apps as well as other apps.
List of Smartphones getting Android 7.1.2 Nougat Update
Nexus and Pixel devices being the front runner for the Android 7.1.2 update but there is also some other smartphones available that will be getting updates they are as follows –
- Huawei Nexus 6P
- LG Nexus 5X
- Google Pixel
- Google Pixel XL
- Pixel C
- Nexus Player
- Samsung Galaxy S7,Edge & Active
- LG G5
- LG V20
- HTC 10
- Huawei P10
- General Mobile GM 5
- More Devices
However, it is expected to launch the final release of the Android 7.1.2 in just a couple of months.
Source from: Android Developers