Moto G5S Plus; Price, Full Specs, Review- Pros & Cons 2017
Finally, Moto G5S Plus (5th Generation, Special edition) launched after the month of the leaks. The company added letter ‘S’ to the name of the smartphone to indicates that it is the special edition of the G5 Plus model. The company promises that the device comes up with several updates from its predecessor Moto G5 Plus. The Moto G5S Plus will go on sale from this month (August) in US. Also, the company launches Moto G5S along with it. So now let’s discuss the price, features, full specification and competitors of the Moto G5S Plus in the Indian market. Along with it, we will also look at Moto G5S Plus’s pros, cons, and quick review.
Price and Release Date of Moto G5S Plus in India
The device is priced at Rs 15,999. And it is exclusively available on Amazon.
Key Specification of the Moto G5S Plus
Let’s move toward the specification of Moto G5S Plus and know how the device’s feature is useful to you. Also, know how Moto G5S Plus is different from Moto G5 Plus (Moto G5S Plus vs Moto G5 Plus)?
The camera segment is the highlighting feature of this new smartphone. Moto G5S Plus comes with the 13 MP dual camera setup at the back while on the front, it has 8 MP camera with wide angle lens and LED flash.
RAM and ROM
The device launch in two variant and those are 3 GB & 4 GB RAM model. With 3 GB & 4 GB RAM model, you will get 32 GB & 64 GB ROM respectively.
It comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor clocked at 2.0 GHz octa-core CPU. For graphic performance, an Adreno 506 GPU (clock at 650 MHz) is given.
Display & Design
It has a larger display than Moto G5 Plus. It has 5.5-inch FHD display with 1920×1080 resolution (~401ppi). Unlike its predecessor, it comes with a full unimetal body design.
Protection to the Device
The display of the device gets protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Along with it, device comes with Water repellent nano-coating. So with the Water repellent nano-coating, your device will be protected from moderate exposure to water such as accidental spills, splashes or light rain. The device is not designed to drop in water or exposed to pressurized water, or other liquids.
Battery and Turbo charging
Similar to Moto G5 Plus, the device has 3000 mAH battery that supports turbo charging. The company says that turbo charging will boost your phone for 6 Hr in just 15 min.
Competitor of Moto G5S Plus
If you know any else & better competitor, then let’s us know via below comment.
Moto G5S Plus: Full Specifications
Here are the full specifications of Moto G5S Plus…
Moto G5S Plus
|All-metal unibody design|
|5.5-inch FHD display (1920×1080) with Corning Gorilla Glass 3|
|Dual 13 MP cameras + depth editor , ƒ/2.0 aperture , Color balancing dual LED flash , 8X digital zoom for photos, 4X for video , Drag to focus & exposure , Quick Capture , Best Shot , Professional Mode , Burst mode , Panorama Mode , Auto HDR, 4K Ultra HD video capture (30 fps) , Slow Motion video|
|8 MP , Wide-angle lens , f/2.0 aperture , LED flash , Panorama mode , Professional mode , Beautification mode|
|3000 mAH Battery with turbo charging|
|32/64 GB Internal + microSD upto 128 GB|
RAM + Processor
|3/4 GB + 2.0 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor|
|Fingerprint sensor , Accelerometer , Gyroscope , Ambient Light , Proximity|
|Lunar Gray, Blush Gold|
Camera comparison: Xiaomi Mi A1 vs Moto G5S Plus
After the launch of the Mi A1, the first question hits in your mind that in term of camera performance, Xiaomi mi A1 or Moto G5s plus! Which one is better?’. Almost every person who seeks to buy the phone has confusion on Moto G5s plus or Xiaomi mi A1. So, let us remove your confusion.
In the term of the colour production, Moto G5S Plus is a bit ahead of the Mi A1. The colour production was more accurate and vibrant. In outdoor condition either it is Moto G5s plus or Mi A1, both do well and no one is ahead of each. In indoor and artificial lighting condition, Moto G5s plus stand ahead of the Mi A1 while in the depth or portrait mode, Xiaomi Mi A1 is better. So Overall if you have extra money in your pocket then only go for the Moto G5s plus otherwise there is no great difference in the camera performance.
Moto G5S Plus with Pros & Cons
Moto G5S Plus: Pros
So let’s dig out the Moto G5S Plus’s pros or you can say what do we like in it. Here are the pros of the Moto G5S Plus-
- Dual 13 MP rear camera delivers the more detailed image. Even it is little better than Mi A1 but not in the 2x optical zoom, depth and portrait mode. So, it is the best camera phone in the range of the Rs 16,000.
- Comes with front flash.
- Comes with Google Assistant in-built.
- Combination of the 2.5D curved-edge Gorilla Glass 3 protected display, and full metal body gives good build quality and premium look, & feel.
- It’s WiFi band support 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz band.
- Full metal body with 5.5 Full HD display.
- Supports turbo charging.
- No lag while playing heavy games. We test it with Modern Combat 5, Asphalt Extreme and Asphalt 8 and played for 10 min continuously. The temperature reaches upto 38°c. Thus, the phone gets warmer but not very much while playing for a long time.
Moto G5S Plus: Cons
So let’s dig out the Moto G5S Plus’s cons or you can say what do we didn’t like it. Here are the cons of the Moto G5S Plus-
- The Rear camera is of 8MP but it is not upto the mark in some situations.
- While taking shots the shutter lags.
- It comes with Hybrid sim slot.
- No change towards the processor of the device. It is same as what Moto G5 Plus had.
- The speaker output is not great as what Mi A1 has.
- It comes with the bad quality of the earphone. So it better to buy a good earphone. [Best earphone under Rs 1,000 in India with Depth Review]
- The device heats up while charging.
- Rear camera of Moto G5 Plus has an aperture of f/1.7 but G5S Plus had only f/2.0. Thus, low-light photography experience will decrease.
- No Compass, & Infrared Sensor has given.
- Battery life is same as Moto G5 Plus.
- Now, these days Moto is not giving the Android security update as it was giving earlier.
For more Moto G5S Plus Pros & cons, keep in touch we will be right back soon with the Moto G5S Plus’s depth review.
Still, any doubt so feels free to ask via comment.
Thanks for reading. We are waiting to see you again.