On 9th August, Lenovo reveals a smartphone with a tag of “Killer Note” in the series of K. The Name of the smartphone is Lenovo K8 Note. Before launch, the company gives many hints about the device on the e-commerce site, amazon. This is first Lenovo smartphone with a Dual Camera setup at the rear. So now let’s discuss the price, features, specification, and competitor of the K8 Note in India. Along with it, we will also look on to the real, & quick review of the Lenovo K8 note.
Lenovo K8 Note: Price and Availability in India
The company launches K8 Note in two variant and Lenovo k8 note’s price in India starts at Rs 12,999 and ends with Rs 13,999. The variant differs in RAM, & Internal storage. The smartphone is available on Amazon exclusively. Currently, the Lenovo K8 note is not available on the Flipkart.
Also, there are some launch offer with K8 Note and those are a discount of Rs 900 on the Moto Sports headphone, up to 80 % or (up to Rs 300) off on Kindle ebooks & 4G data offer from Idea- recharge for Rs 343 and get up to 64GB 4G data with unlimited calls (valid for 56 days).
- Lenovo first’s smartphone that comes with Dual camera setup at back.
- Sales start from 18th of August, exclusively on Amazon.
Here is the short video clip attached below that gives a quick introduction of the Lenovo K8 Note.
Lenovo K8 Note’s Key Specification
Let’s move toward the Lenovo K8 Note’s specification and know how the device’s feature is useful to you.
One of the highlighting features of this new smartphone is its camera. The smartphone comes with dual camera setup at the rear. One is 13 MP and other is 5 MP. 13 MP has the Purecel sensor while 5 MP has Samsung BSI sensor. The rear camera integrates an aperture f/1.2 which is great for the capturing detailed image and low-light photography. The 5 MP has depth sensor for creating a bokeh effect. Also, the company says that when you select Depth Mode, the captured pictures by k8 note will make you feel that they are captured by DSLR. The front camera supports a 13 MP camera with a LED flash.
RAM and ROM (Variant)
The device launch in two variant and those are
- 3 GB RAM with 32 GB Internal (ROM) priced at Rs 12,999.
- 4 GB RAM with 64 GB Internal (ROM) priced at Rs 13,999.
It comes with MediaTek Helio X20 processor clocked at 2.35(Max) GHz Deca-core CPU. For graphic performance, a Mali-T880 GPU is given. Among 10 core processor, 4 cores clocked at 1.4 GHz, another 4 cores at 1.85 GHz, and 2 cores at 2.3 GHz.
Display & Design
It has 5.5-inch FHD IPS display with 1920×1080 resolution (~401ppi) featuring 2.5D glass. It comes with a full unimetal body design.
Battery and Turbo charging
The device has 4000 mAH battery that supports turbo charging. A 15W charger is provided for fast charging.
Great Experience with Interesting built-in Feature
- Google Assistant comes inbuilt with the device. With Google assistant, day to day experience simplifies to some extent.
- Sound enhancement with single speaker powered by the Dolby Atmos. Also, the placement of the speaker is very good i.e., at the bottom.
- With built-in TheaterMax feature, enjoy Cinematic experience using VR handset.
- At the left side of the mobile, you will find an extra button, known as Music Key. You can customize it through Setting> Music Key. This key is for playing/pausing audio or video, toggling the flashlight, taking a screenshot, or opening a specific app.
Protection to the Device
The display of the device gets protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Along with it, device comes with Water repellent nano-coating. So with the Water repellent nano-coating, your device will be protected from moderate exposure to water such as accidental spills, splashes or rain. The device is not designed to drop whole device in water or exposed to pressurized water, or other liquids. So beware of it as Lenovo clearly tell that liquid damage will not be covered under the warranty.
Competitor of Lenovo K8 Note
Or check out by yourself- Lenovo k8-note vs Redmi note 4 vs Moto G5 Plus
If you know any else & better competitor, then lets us know via below comment.
Now, let’s move toward the Lenovo K8 Note’s Full specification
Lenovo K8 Note
|All-metal unibody design|
|5.5-inch FHD IPS (1920 x 1080) with 401ppi, 2.5D Corning Gorilla glass 3|
|Dual camera – 13MP Primary Sensor + 5MP Depth sensor with Dual LED Flash|
|13 MP camera with front LED flash|
|4000 mAH Battery with turbo charging|
|32/64 GB Internal + dedicated microSD upto 128 GB|
RAM + Processor
|3/4 GB + 2.3GHz MediaTek Helio X23 10-core, 64-Bit|
|Fingerprint sensor , Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor, E-compass, Gyroscope, Proximity Sensor|
|inbuilt Google Assistant, Splash Proof, Sound enhancement with Dolby Atmos, TheaterMax, No Hybrid Sim Slot|
|Venom Black, Fine Gold|
What do we like? (Pros)
- Dual Camera gives great photography shots. When you select the depth mode, you can set the aperture value between f/1.2 to f/2.8 to capture pictures with blur background. Also, the low light photography is great at this price point but you will found noisy in the captured picture.
- Selfie lover will love the front flash. The front camera does a good job in capturing a selfie with the rich amount of detail. Additionally, the front flash will enhance the selfie in the low light.
- The focusing speed of the rear camera to lock object is preety good.
- No Hybrid sim slot. Mean you can use dual sim + microSD card together.
- It’s WiFi band support 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz band.
- Good build quality. Use of Full metal body, 2.5 D Corning Gorilla Glass 3 makes the device stronger.
- Extra button i.e., Music Key.
- Splash Proof.
- Massive battery supports Turbo charging.
- People will love the Stock android instead of the Vibe UI. Stock android is faster and lighter than Vibe UI.
- Inbuilt Google assistant.
- Sound enhancement with Dolby Atmos.
- Compatible with VR mode.
- Lenovo promises to give the update to Android O till the end of the year.
- Heavy games run with no lag.
What do we Dislike? (Cons)
- The device gets warmer when we use the camera app or GPS for some time (near 10 min or more). It is acceptable that GPS make the device warmer but if camera does so then it is bad.
- The device gets warmer on playing heavy games for a short time(more than 15 min) and temperature touches to 40°c. At this temp, you will feel that device is warm but not that much that you will throw it.
- No 4K, & slow motion video recording.
- The fingerprint is only for the unlocking the device. You can’t use it for opening any app or take a shot the camera.
- The device is little heavier i.e., 180g.
- No NFC or Infrared port is given.
- No backlit on the navigation buttons.
Still, any doubt so feels free to ask via comment.
Thanks for reading. We are waiting to see you again.