What is Kodi?
Kodi or XMBC is basically an open source media center which allows access to all sorts of media, music and picture format as well as games, Live TV and much more.
The official Kodi version doesn’t contain any independent content. Additionally, Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins or add-ons that provides users access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website.
Kodi has stayed around for a while proving its users access to free movies, songs, live TV, etc. Below we have made a step by step guide on how you could set up and enjoy the services of Kodi across any of your android devices.
How to install Kodi on Android Devices?
Installing the Kodi app is pretty simple, you could download it straight away from the Play store or install its .apk file. Or simply, kodi can be downloaded for android from here-
As mentioned above the Kodi app doesn’t support any independent content. Plugins or add-ons are required in order to enjoy the services of Kodi. So follow the below steps to learn how to install add-ons on Kodi.
How to install Kodi plugins/add-ons?
There are two methods by which you can install plugins in Kodi. We have explained both the methods step by step below
Step 1: After installing Kodi app, to install plugins/add-ons open menu. Select the Add-ons tab and choose the “Install from Repository” option.
Step 2: In the “Install from Repository” option you get a variety of add-ons category to choose from. Say we select the Video Add-ons category which will open a menu leaving you with furthermore content to choose from and from there you can choose the add-on you desire to install.
Step 3: Choose the add-on you desire and install it. Say for example we want to install the “Cooking Channel” add-on so, we go ahead and install it. Also, we made a list of the popular kodi add-ons which you can try:
Step 3: Now your Cooking channel video add-on is ready to be played.
The steps in this method are quite similar to the previous but in this method, we work with .zip files.
Step 1: Firstly, go to setting and enable expert mode and then from the add-ons tab enable installation from unknown resources.
Step 2: Visit the official site and download the zip file of any add-on you wish to install.
Step 3: Now select the Add-ons tab and choose the “Install from Repository” option.
Step 4: Select the three dotted lines (…) which is the very first option leading you to another menu list allowing you choose how you want to install the add-on.
Step 5: Finally, select the “install from .zip file” option which pops up a small window. Browe the downloaded zip file from your local storage and install.
You can now enjoy the services of Kodi and install add-ons as you desire.
[Note: This article is focused on educational purposes only]
Hands Picked other Articles:
- Redmi Note 5 Pro Review with Pros and Cons: 18 Solid Reasons to buy & 9 Reasons to not buy
- Moto Z2 Force Pros and Cons: Top 20 Solid Reasons to buy and Top 5 Reasons to not buy
- Redmi Note 5 Pros and Cons: Top 18 Solid Reasons to buy & Top 7 Reason not to buy
- Moto X4 Pros and Cons: Top 17 Solid Reason to buy & Top 11 Reason to not buy
- Gionee M7 Power Pros and Cons: Top 10 Solid Reason to buy & Top 8 Reason to not buy
- Infinix Zero 5 Pro Pros and Cons: Top 16 Solid Reasons to buy & 10 Reasons not to buy it
- IP67 vs IP68: Waterproof IP Rating Explained [with Flow Chart]
- Top 5 Best Earphones under 500 Rs in India- March 2018
- Infocus Turbo 5 Plus Pros and Cons: Top 11 Solid Reason to buy & Top 5 reason to not buy Turbo 5 Plus
- Smartron t.phone P Pros and Cons: Review on a Good Handset worth the Price