Vivo Y95 Pros and Cons: Solid Reasons to Change Your Mind
Known for its amazing cameras, Vivo has been increasing its hold in the Indian Market by launching various smartphones in different price segments. Vivo has recently launched another smartphone in the Y series and that is Vivo Y95. Earlier this year, the company launched the Vivo V9 and Vivo V9 Pro. Both of the smartphones were well received in the Indian Market and provided good value for the money.
Vivo Y95 was launched on 25 November 2018 and is available on Amazon and Flipkart at the price of 16,990 Rs. The Y95 is said to be the first smartphone in India to be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 octa-core SoC.
Though Vivo V95 is great in looks and filled with many cool features, it is still to be seen how well it competes with other nice smartphones within this price range like MI A2, Vivo V9 Pro, Redmi Note 6 Pro, Nokia 6.1 etc.
So, We have discussed Vivo Y95 pros and cons in detail so that you have a clear idea about the strengths and weaknesses of this phone.
Vivo Y95 Pros and Cons in detail-
- 6.22-inch IPS HD+ display with 720 x 1520p resolution.
- Dual 13MP + 2MP rear camera and 20MP front camera
- 4030 mAh battery.
- 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM.
- Snapdragon 439
- Android 8.1
Vivo Y95: Pros
Here are the pros or advantages of buying Vivo Y95-
- The smartphone is entirely made up of plastic but looks like a glass due to its shiny reflection. The dual gradient colors are quite eye-catching and make the smartphone look attractive. Vivo Y95 comes in two color variant: Starry Black, and Nebula Purple.
- Vivo Y95 sports a 6.22-inch touchscreen display along with a resolution of 720 pixels by 1520 pixels at a PPI of 270 pixels per inch. It offers an IPS HD+ display with a 19:9 aspect ratio. It also has a drop shaped notch on the top which features the front camera. The display of the smartphone is quite good with nice colors and good brightness levels. The viewing angles are quite nice. There is not much of a color shift when tilting the display.
- Vivo Y95 sports a 13MP+2MP dual rear camera with f/2.2+f/2.4 aperture respectively. In the good lighting conditions, the pictures clicked are quite amazing with nice color production and clear detailing. The smartphone has a good bokeh effect which provides very clear shots. It also supports features like Digital Zoom, Auto Flash, Touch to Focus, Face Detection and high dynamic range(HDR) imaging. Vivo V95 has the following modes: Professional, Face Beauty, Time-Lapse, Slow, Panorama, PDAF, Live Photos, Portrait Mode, Google Lens, and AI Scene recognition.
- The smartphone sports a 20MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture and it supports the AI face beauty and a nice selfie flash. The clicked pictures are clear, with lots of details and are enhanced by the beauty modes to make your selfies look clear and beautiful. The selfie flash is quite helpful in the low lighting conditions. Following modes are available in the front camera of Vivo V95: Face Beauty, Portrait Mode, AR Stickers, and HDR.
- Here is the Sample of video recording on Vivo Y95-
- With Snapdragon 439 SoC paired with Android Oreo 8.1, 4GB of RAM and 64GB of expandable storage, the smartphone gives quite a smooth performance even while playing heavy games like PUBG. The switching from one heavy app to another is smooth as well and does not show any lags. For graphical performance that can make games run smoothly, this phone has got Adreno 505 GPU which is well known for its graphical performance.
- With a large battery of about 4030 mAh, you can easily use your phone for a day and a half without charging it. Even with the heavy usage, the phone easily works for a full day without the need to charge it.
- Sensors in Vivo Y95 includes Sensors on the phone include Face unlock, Fingerprint sensor, Compass/ Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, and Gyroscope.
- There is a single speaker grill at the bottom. The sound quality of the speaker is nice with a loud and clear voice. The powerful speaker will enable you to enjoy your favorite music and movies without worrying about plugging in the earphones.
- Vivo Y95 also provides a dedicated micro-SD card slot which allows you to use two SIMs along with your Sd-Card.
Vivo Y95: Cons
Here are the cons or disadvantages to buying Vivo Y95-
- The smartphone is a bit slippery with its extra smooth back but this problem can be easily resolved with the back cover provided in the box. Vivo Y95 is also a bit heavy.
- The cameras are not as exceptional as expected from Vivo. The Rear camera loses details and gets a bit blurry in low lighting conditions. The front camera adds a lot of beauty and changes the shape of the face even if the beauty mode is turned off.
- Though the Snapdragon 439 SoC used in Vivo Y95 is quite powerful, it is still not good for this price range. For a bit more price, Vivo V9 Pro uses Snapdragon 607 chipset which is much better than Snapdragon 439 SoC.
- The battery does not support fast charging and hence takes a lot of time to get fully charged.
So this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest Vivo Y95, read further for our final words on whether or not you should buy this smartphone.back to menu ↑
Final Thoughts on Vivo Y95
Now comes the question of whether the Vivo Y95 is good enough to buy or not.
One major drawback of this phone is that it is using a bit slower processor than that of the other phones within this budget. But the difference is hardly noticeable as there are no lags or stutter even while playing heavy games like Asphalt 8 & PUBG.
The smartphone is good in looks and though the cameras are not great, they are good enough. The battery life is good and the OS is a bit like iOS hence making it attractive for users looking for iPhone like qualities.
You can consider following phones as other option mentioned with the full pros and cons-
- Oppo’s Realme 2 Pro Pros and Cons
- MI A2 Pros and Cons
- Vivo V9 Pro Pros and Cons
- Redmi Note 6 Pro Pros and Cons
- Nokia 6.1 Pros and Cons
- Honor 8X Pros and Cons
Still, if you any doubt after going via the Vivo Y95 Pros and Cons or its conclusion then ask your question in the Comment and get Answer immediately.
Also, If you are looking for other high-quality Tech reviews or list of best gadgets then google it like “best phones under 10000 topbestof” or “best earphones under 1000 topbestof”, “Poco F1 topbestof” or in general “what you want + topbestof”.back to menu ↑
Vivo Y95: Price & Availability in India
Vivo Y95: Best/Lowest Price Alert
We hope you like our post-Vivo Y95 Pros and Cons and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.
Specification: Vivo Y95
|Warranty Summary|| |
Brand Warranty of 1 Year Available for Mobile and 6 Months for Accessories
|Display Type|| |
|SIM Size|| |
Nano SIM + Nano SIM
|HD Recording|| |
|Internet Connectivity|| |
4G, 3G, 2G, Wi-Fi
|Display Size|| |
15.8 cm (6.22 inch)
|Model Name|| |
|Browse Type|| |
|SIM Type|| |
|Hybrid Sim Slot|| |
|OTG Compatible|| |
|Secondary Camera (MP)|
|Other Display Features|| |
Halo FullView Display, 88.6% Screen to Body Ratio, Screen Protection (Corning Gorilla Glass): Panda MN228/NEG
|Business Phone|| |
|Memory Card Slot Type|| |
|Model Number|| |
|Secondary Camera Available|| |
|Primary Camera Features|| |
f2.2 + f2.4 Aperture, Professional, Face Beauty, Time-lapse, Slow, Panorama, PDAF, Live Photos, Portrait Mode, Google Lens, AI Scene Recognition, HDR
|Primary Camera|| |
13MP + 2MP
|Primary Camera Available|| |
|Call Log Memory|| |
|Supported Memory Card Type|| |
|Processor Core|| |
|Expandable Storage (GB)|| |
|Operating Frequency|| |
GSM: Bands B2 (3/5/8), 3G WCDMA: Bands (1/5/8), 4G LTE (FDD): Bands (B1/3/5/8), LTE (TDD): Bands (B38/40/41)
|Primary Clock Speed (GHz)|| |
|In The Box|| |
Handset, Earphone, User Manual, Micro-USB to USB Cable, USB Power Adapter, SIM Ejector Pin, Protective Case, Protective Film (1 Applied)
|User Interface|| |
Funtouch OS 4.5
|Secondary Camera Features|| |
F2.0 Aperture, Face Beauty, Portrait Mode, Panorama, AR Stickers, HDR
|Supported Networks|| |
4G VoLTE, 4G LTE
|Video Recording Resolution (p)|| |
|Frame Rate (fps)|| |
|Dual Camera Lens|| |
|Graphics PPI (PPI)|| |
|Network Type|| |
4G VOLTE, 4G, 3G, 2G
|Map Support|| |
|Full HD Recording|| |
|Pre-installed Browser|| |
Vivo Browser, UC Browser, Google Chrome
|Bluetooth Support|| |
|Bluetooth Version|| |
|Wi-Fi Hotspot|| |
|USB Connectivity|| |
|Video Recording|| |
|Phone Book|| |
|Audio Jack (mm)|| |
|Battery Capacity (mAh)|
|SIM Access|| |
|GPS Support|| |
|Other Features|| |
2.0 USB Connectivity, Game Mode, Face Access 2.0, Smart Split 3.0, Eye Protection Mode, Material Handset: Plastic, Wi-Fi Speed: 2.4 GHz
|FM Radio|| |
|Video Formats|| |
MP4, 3GP, AVI
Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, E-compass, Fingerprint Sensor, Virtual Gyroscope
|Battery Type|| |
|Width (mm)|| |
|Height (mm)|| |
|Depth (mm)|| |
|Weight (g)|| |
|Audio Formats|| |
WAV, MP3, AMR, MIDI, APE, FLAC, Vorbis
Rear LED Flash and Front Screen Flash
|Item Dimensions|| |
Height: 295, Length: 610, Weight: 36, Width: 31
|Package Dimensions|| |
Height: 210, Length: 680, Weight: 90, Width: 370
|Product Type Name|| |
Vivo Y95 (Starry Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) with Offers
1 year manufacturer warranty for device and 6 months manufacturer warranty for in-box accessories including batteries from the date of purchase
Enter your email address to subscribe to topbestof and receive notifications of new posts by email
Samsung Galaxy A7 (Black, 128 GB)(6 GB RAM)
Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 Ryzen 5 15.6-inch Gaming FHD Laptop (8GB/1TB HDD/Windows 10/4GB...
Lenovo Legion **** 9th Gen Intel Core i5 15.6 inch FHD Gaming Laptop (8GB RAM/1 TB HDD + 256 GB...
Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Core i5 8th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/2 GB Graphics) 5570...
Fitbit Versa Smartwatch(Black Strap Regular)