Samsung Galaxy S10 | S10+ Pros and Cons: Solid Reasons to Change Your Mind
Samsung has kept on working very hard to introduce us with new innovations in its phones. In 2019, Samsung has introduced many handsets between all the ranges and has improved in all means. The latest ‘S’ series handsets will be out soon and will surely give a new turn to the smartphone arena, both in India and globally. The latest Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10+ will be available in India from 8th of March. In addition to these two smartphones, Samsung Galaxy S10e will also share the market space.
To summarize, in the last ten years Samsung has made an aura in the field of technology which no one can deny. Thus, the high-end ‘S’ series smartphones come with the best specifications and innovative design. Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10+ are future innovation. They are coupled with intelligence and power to change the perspective of users. As a result, Samsung introduced the heaviest of technology it could, in its phones. Therefore, Samsung Galaxy S10+ comes with 8GB RAM/ (128GB/512GB) ROM or 12GB RAM/1TB ROM and Samsung Galaxy S10 with 8GB RAM/128GB ROM which is just a fragment of specifications of both the phones.
In comparison to the Galaxy S10e, both the phones are comparatively bigger in size and value both. As a result of great power and future innovations, the Galaxy S10 and S10+ will give a tough competition to high-end premium smartphones like Huawei Mate 20 Pro, Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3XL, Asus ROG Phone, Oneplus 6T, Huawei P20 Pro, etc. To illustrate, whether or not the high-end Samsung Galaxy S10 | S10+ are worthy enough to be in your pocket, let’s go through their pros and cons.
So, We have discussed Samsung Galaxy S10 | S10+ pros and cons in detail so that you have a clear idea about the strengths and weaknesses of this phone.
Samsung Galaxy S10 | S10+ Pros and Cons in detail
Spec Highlights of Samsung Galaxy S10+
- 6.4 inches (16.25 cm) 3K Infinity-O AMOLED FHD+ Display
- 12MP+12MP+16MP Triple Rear + 10MP+8MP Dual Selfie Camera
- Octa-core Samsung Exynos 9 Octa 9820 chipset
- 8GB RAM/ (128GB/512GB) ROM or 12GB RAM/1TB ROM
- 4100mAh Non-removable Battery with Fast and Wireless Charging
- Under-display Fingerprint Sensor
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6, HDR10+ Protection
- Ip68 dust/water resistant(up to 1.5m for 30 minutes)
- Type C port
- NFC support
Spec Highlights of Samsung Galaxy S10
- 6.10 inches (15.49 cm) HDR10+ Dynamic AMOLED Quad HD+ Display
- 12MP+12MP+16MP Triple Rear Camera + 10MP Selfie Shooter
- 2.73GHz Octa-core Samsung Exynos 9820 SoC processor
- 8GB RAM/128GB ROM
- 3400mAH powered Non-removable Battery
- In-display ultrasonic fingerprint sensor security
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, HDR10+ certified
- IP68 water/dust resistant
- Type C port
- NFC support
Samsung Galaxy S10 | S10+: Pros
Here are the pros or advantages of Samsung Galaxy S10 | S10+ –
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ and S10 have a 6.40 inches(16.25 cm) and 6.10 inches (15.49 cm) display respectively. Both the devices get a beautiful infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED display with HDR10+ and Gorilla Glass 6 protection. The aspect ratio for S10+ and S10 is 19:9. Samsung has given the best display of the world in the smartphone world to justify the price of the galaxy. The displays of S10 and S10+ is able to deliver Luminance up to 1200 Nits which is highest in the smartphone world.
- The Samsung has given Quad HD+ display with 1440 x 3040 pixels with a pixel density of 551 PPI which makes a great display and enriches the playing experience of the user. On the back of the phone, there is a glass body which is protected by Gorilla Glass 5.
- The Samsung has given a powerful 8nm chipset in the new S10 and S10+. These smartphones are having Exynos 9820 Octa-core (2×2.73 GHz Mongoose M4 & 2×2.31 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4×1.95 GHz Cortex-A55) which is coupled with the one of the fattest GPU i.e Mali-G76 MP12 which is more powerful to run High-end games like PUBG, Asphalt, and many more. The couple is one of the deadly combinations to make a great performing device. Not only in day to day work but also in high-end gaming you are going to love the performance of the new S10 and S10+.
- Coming to one of the best parts of the Samsung S10 and S10+ i.e the new Ultrasonic on display fingerprint sensor. Finally, Samsung has launched its first with in-display fingerprint senor phone. Samsung has used Ultrasonic sound to scan the prints on your thumbs. Which makes it one of the accurate and the best in display fingerprint sensor.
- As far as cameras concerned theS10 is having the triple camera set up at the back i.e 12MP(f/1.5-2.4) + 12MP(f/2.4) for telephoto and 16MP(f/2.2) for ultra wide shots. The camera performance of the Samsung S10 and S10+ is great and the photo clicked by them is crystal clear and has great details. As far as low light clicks concerned these clicks have all the content as it delivers great at low light also.
- The performance of the camera is enhanced by the auto-HDR, panorama, Bual OIS, Live focus with bokeh effect and ultra wide shots. Coming to the video recording these phones are capable of recording videos at 2160p@60fps, 1080p@240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR, and dual-video recording.
- Samsung has given a single selfie camera in S10 and a dual camera setup in S10+. The selfie camera in S10 is of 10MP with an aperture of f/1.9. Whereas Samsung S10+ is having dual selfie camera i.e 10MP with an aperture of f/1.9 and 8MP with an aperture of f/2.2 for depth sensor. The selfies captured by the S10 S10+ are having great colors and have great details. The performance is enriched by the Auto-HDR Mode.
- Both S10 and S10+ comes with a base model of 8GB and a 128GB ROM which can be expended to 512GB using a Memory Card.
- The Samsung S10 and S10+ comes with dual Bluetooth connectivity i.e you can connect to two devices at a time and can play audio simultaneously.
- The Samsung S10 and S10+ comes with reverse wireless charging through which you can charge another device also by touching at back.
- Galaxy S10 comes with 3400mAh big battery which is powerful run the phone for the whole day. Whereas S10+ comes with 41000mAh big battery which powers it for a day. Both come with fast charging in both wired as well as a wireless mode of 15W, which charges the device fast and secure.
- The Phone has a Stereo Speaker setup which makes use of the bottom speaker and the front speaker creating an immersive audio experience. The Dolby Atmos creates a theatre like sound experience for users.
- Samsung did a really good job in adding the 3.5 mm headphone jack in the Samsung Galaxy which nowadays is very rare in higher-end flagship Smartphones like the iPhone XS and Google Pixel 3 XL.
- Samsung added the Blood Pressure sensor in addition to the heart rate monitor sensor which is really helpful in day to day life.
- Galaxy S10 and S10+ are one of the first phones which come with WiFi 6, which give a downloading speed of 1.2GB per second and an upload speed of 1.2GB per second.
- Other senors on S10 and S10+ are Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Barometer, Compass, and Gyroscope.
- Both of the devices comes with IP rating i.e IP 68 which makes it water resistance up to 30 minutes in a depth of 1.5 meters.
- The S10 and S10+ come with Android 9.0 and on the top of it is One UI of Samsung which is made for one hand usage and is easy to use.
Samsung Galaxy S10 | S10+: Cons
Here are the cons or disadvantages of buying Samsung Galaxy S10 | S10+ –
- Samsung has given Hybrid SIM slot which can be a disappointment for two SIM users as you in Hybrid SIM slot you can use two SIMs or one SIM and a Memory card.
- The BIXBY has a dedicated button which sometimes gets accidentally triggered while taking out the phone from your pocket this may get a little annoying sometimes. However, you can disable the BIXBY button from the settings
- The Low light selfies struggle to give a good performance.
- Both of the devices are above 60K which is a huge amount for buyers.
- The S10 and S10+ is a little bit update in the old S9 and S9+.
So this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest Samsung S10 and S10+, read further for our final words on whether or not you should buy these smartphones.back to menu ↑
Samsung Galaxy S10 | S10+: Price & Availability
Final Thoughts on Samsung Galaxy S10 | S10+
Both the phones are built keeping all the aspects of power, performance, design, and speed in mind. The premium high-end budget phones will go on sale on the 8th of March along with Samsung Galaxy S10e. The phones have a clear perspective of giving users all necessary things in-hand. While the S10e is compact and sporty, the S10+ and S10 have a bigger display and rich looks. The back panel looks very beautiful with the aluminum frame body colored with different color options. S10 and S10+ are coupled with the latest technology by Samsung and don’t seem to fail the Value for Money factor. If you are planning to buy a high-end smartphone then Samsung S series should definitely be the priority.
You can consider the following phones as other option mentioned with the full pros and cons-
- Google Pixel 3 and 3 XL Pros and Cons
- Asus ROG Pros and Cons
- Huawei Mate 20 Pros and Cons
- Huawei P20 Pro Pros and Cons
Still, if you any doubt after going via the Samsung Galaxy S10 | S10+ Pros and Cons or its conclusion then ask your question in the Comment and get Answer immediately.
Also, If you are looking for other high-quality Tech reviews or list of best gadgets then google it like “best phones under 10000 topbestof” or “best earphones under 1000 topbestof”, “OnePlus 6T topbestof” or in general “what you want + topbestof”.back to menu ↑
Samsung Galaxy S10 | S10+: Expert Score & User Ratings
- USB 3.0
- Dual VoLTE support
- Water Proof
- Low-light photography not up to mark
- Hybried SIM Slot
- Gorgeous Display
- Exceptional Cameras
- Great Built-in Quality
- IP68 certified
- Fast and Wireless Charging
- Superfast Performance with 12GB RAM and 1TB ROM
- Hybried SIM Slot
- Low-light selfies aren't good enough
This was the short Samsung Galaxy S10 | S10+ Pros and Cons with the expert score.
Other Handpicked Articles
- Best fitness band under 2000
- Best Smartwatches under 5000 in India
- Samsung Galaxy A80
- Best Earphone under 1500 in India
Samsung Galaxy S10+ official video
Enter your email address to subscribe to topbestof and receive notifications of new posts by email
OPPO K1 (Piano Black, 64 GB)(4 GB RAM)
JBL Bar 5.1 Channel 510W 4K Ultra HD Sound bar with Wireless Surround Speakers(Black, 5.1 Channel)
Mi A1 (Black, 64 GB)(4 GB RAM)
Nokia 8.1 (Iron, 128 GB)(6 GB RAM)
WD Elements 2TB Portable External Hard Drive (Black)