- Infinity-U Super AMOLED Display
- 5000mAh Battery Backup
- Dedicated SIM slot
- Supports HD streaming
- TypeC fast charging
- Plastic Back Panel
- Interrupted Heavy Gaming
- Same old Processor as in M20
Samsung Galaxy M30 Pros and Cons: Solid Reasons to Change Your Mind
Samsung has already launched a list of devices in the Indian smartphone market this year. After the high-end Samsung Galaxy ‘S’ series and mid-range Samsung Galaxy ‘A’ series, the new Samsung Galaxy M30, announced in February is said to be the most speculated smartphone of the month by Samsung. “Time to get powered like never before”, in addition to which the company claims, the phone to be 3X more powerful. The phone will go on sale on the 7th of March, 2019.
To begin with the Samsung Galaxy M30, the phone is likely to be the predecessor of ‘M’ series smartphones, the Samsung Galaxy M10 and M20 and will be more advanced in all aspects. Samsung Galaxy M30 will be coupled with a powerful processor and a triple-rear camera setup. The mid-range is all set to rock the Indian smartphone arena with its value for money features. The phone will be available in two variants, the 4GB RAM/64GB ROM and 6GB RAM/128GB ROM variant.
Samsung Galaxy M30 is a mid-range budget phone which will surely have a great impact on the users. Thus, with specifications of a high-end device and under Samsung’s brand name, the phone will kill the competitors. The new Galaxy M30 is a direct competitor of Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro, Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, Oppo K1, Realme U1, Xiaomi Poco F1, Oppo F9, and F9 Pro, Realme 2 Pro etc. So then, let’s see how the new Samsung Galaxy M30 performs the flagship of ‘best phone under Rs.15,000’ or ‘best phone under Rs.18,000’.
So, We have discussed Samsung Galaxy M30 pros and cons in detail so you have a transparent idea about the strengths and weaknesses of the phone.
Here are Samsung Galaxy M30 Pros and Cons
- 6.40 inch (16.26 cm) Infinity-U Super AMOLED FHD+ display
- 13MP+5MP+5MP ultra wide triple rear + 16MP selfie cameras
- Samsung Exynos 7904 Octa (14nm) chipset
- 4GB RAM/64GB ROM and 6GB RAM/128GB ROM
- 5000mAh fast charging battery (15W)
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
Samsung Galaxy M30: Pros
Here are the pros or advantages of buying Samsung Galaxy M30-
- Samsung Galaxy M30 scales a gorgeous 6.40 inches (16.26 cm) Infinity-U Super AMOLED FHD+ display. The screen comes with 1080 x 2340 pixel resolution with 19.5:9 aspect ratio (394ppi) and (88.1% screen to body ratio) to have a vivid viewing experience. The U-shaped notch is finely built and is slightly smaller than the V-shaped notch of the M10 and M20 variant. There are four different color profile options to choose from as per your requirement on the phone. Sunlight legibility is very clear and you get to manipulate the brightness accordingly (manually). The additional feature includes the notch display mechanism in which you can hide or unhide the notch.
- The latest M30 features a 13MP+5MP+5MP ultra-wide triple rear camera setup which is astonishing from Samsung at this price range. The 13MP (f/1.9, PDAF) aperture lens couples with a 5MP(f/2.2, 12mm) ultra-wide lens followed by a 5MP(f/2.2) depth sensor. The depth sensor is an addition which upgrades the live bokeh mode in M30 when compared with software powered portrait mode in M20. As a result, the photos through the triple camera comes out to be more enhanced, clear and much more improved from earlier released M series phones.
- Samsung Galaxy M30, however, got a high-resolution camera of 16MP(f/2.0) placed in a U-shaped notch on the screen. It produces very lucid pictures both in daylight and night. The images are well-processed and intact, even in HDR mode, there isn’t any mismatch. Thus, increasing the quality of the selfies.
- Videos through the rear camera are captured at 2160p@30fps and 1080p@30fps, where colors seem to be very good and you will hardly see any stagnant or shakiness in the videos. While the selfie camera is capable of shooting videos at 1080p@30fps.
- Samsung Galaxy M30 is chipped with Samsung Exynos 7904 Octa (14nm) chipset and Octa-core (2×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 6×1.6 GHz Kryo 260 Silver) CPU which gives good output to intense processes and multi-tasking. The phone pins a Mali-G71 MP2 GPU which is capable of running heavy games like PUBG, Asphalt, NFS etc. without any issues. The phone is powerful than its predecessors in performance and speed but you need to spend a few extra bucks.
- M30 has dimensions 159 x 75.1 x 8.4 mm (6.26 x 2.96 x 0.33 inches) and gives really good look throughout. The rear-mounted fingerprint sensor dissolves with the back-panel and requires a minute space. The verticle camera setup is followed by the LED flash and gives the phone a classy touch. The back panel is made of the similar second-rate plastic, as it was in M20 but there is a gradient finish to fire up the things this time.
- “Time to get powered like never before”, as the slogan says, Samsung has introduced a 5000mAh battery which gives 3X more power to the phone. It comes with a 15W fast charging option so that you never lose the long run in terms of power.
- Galaxy M30 is introduced in two storage variants- the 64GB variant and the 128GB variant which will help you to wind up all the data on your fingertips. If in case you run out of storage, you can use a microSD card up to 512GB to store any additional data.
- The phone also got a list of different sensors like rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, gyro sensor, accelerometer, compass and proximity sensor, etc.
- The phone also comes with Dolby Atmos sound technology which enables you to have a surround sound system so that you can have a thrilling experience while listening to music or watching movies through a headphone or earphone.
- The Galaxy M30 has a USB 2.0, TypeC 1.0 reversible connector.
- Samsung Galaxy M30 is featured with Android v9.0 (Pie).
- Samsung Galaxy M30 is Widevine L1 certifies which means you can stream HD content on Amazon Prime and Netflix.
Samsung Galaxy M30: Cons
Here are the cons or disadvantages of buying Samsung Galaxy M30-
- The phone looks very similar to its predecessor, the Samsung Galaxy M20 in almost every aspect. The design, color variants are clearly the same with no actual upgrade.
- The phone can face heating issues while heavy or intense gaming. In higher price, Samsung is delivering the same Exynos 7904 processor repeatedly as it was earlier introduced in M20 at a low price.
- The phone does not come with OneUI platform as other A series of smartphones have this platform.
- Samsung Galaxy M30 does not come with a case cover as nowadays almost all the phones come with a case cover.
- The back panel is made of second-rate plastic and hardly gives any premium built-quality feel.
- No OIS or EIS technology is there in Samsung Galaxy M30.
- Unlike other Samsung devices, it will be only available online.
So, this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest Samsung Galaxy M30, read further for our final words on whether you should buy this smartphone or not.back to menu ↑
Samsung Galaxy M30: Price & Availability
Final Thoughts on Samsung Galaxy M30
Samsung Galaxy M30 is the next element to give a tough competition to brands like Xiaomi, Realme, Oppo etc on the basis of mid-range phones with high specifications and innovation. The phone is all set to spice things up and rock the Indian smartphone markets. Under a price of Rs.15,000 and Rs.18,000, you get really decent specs that too from Samsung. Samsung is the most trusted brand and knows how to grab users into its lap that is the reason behind the M30 smartphone. The phone got a good camera setup with a powerful chipset and speedy performance. If you are confused and cannot decide which mid-range phone to go with under trusted brands filter, then M30 is the one.
You can consider the following phones as other option mentioned with the full pros and cons-
- Oppo K1 Pros and Cons
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Pros and Cons
- Realme 2 Pro Pros and Cons
- Oppo F9 Pro Pros and Cons
Still, if you any doubt after going via the Samsung Galaxy M30 Pros and Cons or its conclusion then ask your question in the Comment and get Answer immediately.
Also, If you are looking for other high-quality Tech reviews or list of best gadgets then google it like “best phones under 10000 topbestof” or “best earphones under 1000 topbestof”, “Oppo K1 topbestof” or in general “what you want + topbestof”.back to menu ↑
Samsung Galaxy M30: Best/Lowest Price Alert
We hope you like our post- Samsung Galaxy M30 Pros and Cons and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.
Other Handpicked Articles
Enter your email address to subscribe to topbestof and receive notifications of new posts by email
Apple iPhone X (64GB) - Space Grey
(Renewed) Samsung Galaxy S9 (Lilac Purple, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)
ASUS TUF FX570 Intel Core i5 8th Gen 15.6-inch FHD Gaming Laptop (8GB/1TB Hybrid HDD...
(Renewed) Huawei P30 Pro (Breathing Crystal, 8GB RAM, 256GB Storage)
OnePlus 6T (Mirror Black, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage)