- Impressive waterdrop notch design.
- Solid build quality.
- Good battery life.
- Insane charging speeds.
- Good cameras.
- Slow fingerprint scanner.
- 3D camera feature doesn’t work yet.
Oppo R17 Pro Pros and Cons: Solid Reasons to Change Your Mind
Only a few weeks away from the new year, Oppo has once again made a major release, unveiling its latest flagship smartphone Oppo R17 Pro. It seems that the upcoming smartphone giant is not yet done surprising everyone with the launch of amazing smartphones one after the other in various price segments. Oppo R17 Pro launched on 4 December 2018 is priced at Rs.45990.
As a high-end smartphone, OPPO R17 Pro simply and clearly focuses on a small target group who are fashion and style-oriented consumers rather than Specs Lovers. But it does not mean it lacks in any case or scenario. It does come with a good load of specifications and with good colours like Radiant Mist and Emerald Green.
It still needs to be seen how well Oppo R17 Pro performs against some giant competitors like OnePlus 6T, Samsung Galaxy S9, Huawei Mate P20 Pro etc.
So, We have discussed Oppo R17 Pro pros and cons in detail so that you have a clear idea about the strengths and weaknesses of this phone.
Oppo R17 Pro Pros and Cons in detail-
- 6.4 inch FHD+ AMOLED screen with 1080 X 2340 pixels resolution and latest Gorilla Glass 6 protection.
- Octa-core CPU– Dual core 2.2 GHz + Hexa core 1.7 GHz.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 with Adreno 616 GPU.
- 8 GB RAM with 128 GB ROM.
- 3700 mAh LI-Polymer battery with Super VOOC Flash-charge feature.
- Triple Rear Camera– 12 MP, 20 MP and a 3D depth sensing camera.
- Secondary (Selfie) camera– 25 MP.
- Bluetooth 5.0 and NFC enabled.
- Android 8.1 (Oreo).
- In-display Fingerprint sensor and Face-Unlock feature.
Oppo R17 Pro: Pros
Here are the pros or advantages of buying Oppo R17 Pro-
- With a radiant dual-tone (Purple and Deep Blue hues) back panel Oppo R17 Pro is definitely an eye-catcher and attention-grabber smartphone. It looks stylish and stunning with a matte-like finish. Looking at the front, it has a waterdrop notch and looks quite similar to OnePlus 6T with minimum bezels on the screen. The screen also has an In-display fingerprint sensor which works effortlessly amazing.
- Oppo R17 Pro features a big and sturdy 6.4 inch(16.2 cm) Full HD+ AMOLED multi-touch touchscreen with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2340 pixels of pixel density 403 ppi(Pixels Per Inch). This big display is protected by the latest Corning Gorilla Glass 6. It offers a great visual experience with Full HD+ AMOLED display with an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. The display looks vibrant, sharp and clear in details while in direct sunlight with good viewing angles. It also offers a good screen-to-body ratio of 91.5%.
- Oppo R17 Pro runs on Android 8.1 (OREO) operating system which is powered by Octa-core processor(2.2 GHz Dual-core, Kryo 360 + 1.7 GHz Hexa-core, Kryo 360) with Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 chipset. Oppo R17 Pro comes with its Color 5.2 OS skin. For a flawless smooth performance, the smartphone features an 8 GB RAM with 128 GB of internal storage. To deliver amazing graphical and gaming experience, it is powered by Adreno 616 GPU. The phone doesn’t lag or glitch while playing heavy games like PUBG, Real RACING 3 or Asphalt 9 as well.
- Oppo R17 Pro offers great connectivity with WI-Fi, GPS, 3G and 4G, USB Type-C with Bluetooth5.0 and NFC too.
- Oppo R17 Pro sports a unique( 12 MP lens+ 20 MP depth lens + 0.43 MP Time-of-Flight(ToF) lens) Triple lens rear camera with CMOS sensors and a single tone powerful flash. The camera delivers excellent photographs with crisp colours and clear details in the daylight. Also, this smartphone is offering the best in class depth mode, making it perfect for portrait shots. While in low lighting too, it delivers quite impressively with the Ultra Night Mode. The smartphone also features a Variable-Aperture mode as well which is similar to what Samsung Galaxy S9 is offering. R17 Pro also offers OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation) Technology which will take crisp and sharp photographs even if you give a crisp handshake to your friend while taking pictures. The overall camera experience of OPPO R17 Pro is quite impressive.
- 25 MP of front snapper take beautiful and flawless selfies, thanks to the AI Beauty Camera and some pre-loaded modes and filters to enhance your selfies. The selfies are taken in good lighting, as well as low lighting, are having great details with good colours.
- Oppo R17 Pro comes with a 3700 mAh battery (2 batteries of 1850 mAh each) with a revolutionary feature of Super VOOC Flash charge which can make you care-free for charging your smartphone. The smartphone works fluently throughout the day performing daily tasks without the hassle of charging it even for once. Even on top of that, you can charge your smartphone with the special Super VOOC Flash charger(USB Type-C) from 5% to 100% in just 40-45 minutes. It gives you the freedom of power management.
- Oppo R17 Pro has many other sensors like Compass/Magnetometer, Ambient Light sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor and Gyroscope.
- It has a single bottom-firing speaker which is pretty loud.
- The company partnered with Trustonic Secure Platform (TSP) to further enhance the security and privacy.
Oppo R17 Pro: Cons
Here are the cons or disadvantages of buying Oppo R17 Pro-
- Oppo R17 Pro is a bit heavy and bigger for an average Indian consumer.
- Oppo R17 Pro is slightly overpriced for what it has to offer like Super VOOC Flash Charge and Triple Camera as even OnePlus 6T is priced less for such a great deal smartphone.
- Oppo R17 Pro uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 chipset instead of Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 for such an overpriced smartphone. Snapdragon 710 performance is far unmatched to what Snapdragon 845 chipset offers.
- Unnecessary bloatware and apps need a lot of work to get flawless.
- There is no 3.5 mm jack, making hurdle for those who prefer wired-audio ecosystem.
- Cluttered Color OS is not up to the mark with bugs and glitches.
- There is no dedicated micro-SD card slot provided in Oppo R17 Pro. Either one can put a second SIM card or a micro-SD card in the phone.
So this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest Oppo R17 Pro, read further for our final words on whether or not you should buy this smartphone.back to menu ↑
Final Thoughts on Oppo R17 Pro
Is Oppo R17 Pro good enough to be owned? Is it worth buying this expensive smartphone?
Oppo R17 Pro definitely gives a sense of total satisfaction to those who love trend and fashion as it is premium, stylish, and absolutely amazing in looks. The smartphone performs pretty well in day-to-day tasks and also the owner has to keep no worry for the power as it comes with a revolutionary Super VOOC Flash Charge technology. Oppo R17 Pro sports excellent rear and front camera which gives excellent results.
The only negative attributes of this Oppo Flagship smartphone are cluttered bloatware and seems a bit overpriced.
You can consider following phones as other option mentioned with the full pros and cons-
- OnePlus 6T Pros and Cons
- Asus ROG Phone Pros and Cons
- Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) Pros and Cons
- LG G7+ THINQ Pros and Cons
Still, if you any doubt after going via the Oppo R17 Pro Pros and Cons or its conclusion then ask your question in the Comment and get Answer immediately.
Also, If you are looking for other high-quality Tech reviews or list of best gadgets then google it like “best phones under 10000 topbestof” or “best earphones under 1000 topbestof”, “Poco F1 topbestof” or in general “what you want + topbestof”.back to menu ↑
Oppo R17 Pro: Price & Availability
Oppo R17 Pro: Best/Lowest Price Alert
We hope you like our post-Oppo R17 Pro Pros and Cons and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.
Specification: Oppo R17 Pro
|In The Box||
Handset, Adapter, Headset, Micro-USB (Type-C USB Cable), SIM Card Tool, Case
12MP + 20MP
|Internal Storage (GB)||
|Hybrid Sim Slot||
16.26 cm (6.4 inch)
4G, 3G, Wi-Fi, EDGE, GPRS
4G, 3G, 2G
|Display Colors (M)||
|Dual Camera Lens||
|Primary Clock Speed (GHz)||
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, WCDMA: 850/900/1700/1900/2100 MHz, FDD-LTE: 700/800/850/900/1500/1700/1800/1900/2100/2600 MHz, TD-LTE: 1900/2000/2300/2496 – 2690/2570 – 2620 MHz
Double Microphone Noise Suppression
|Secondary Camera Available||
|Secondary Camera (MP)|
|Primary Camera (MP)|
|Secondary Camera Features||
Smart Aperture, Sensor HDR + RAW HDR, HDR Preview, Ultra Night Mode (Handheld Supported), OPPO Color Engine, Optical Image Stabilization, 7P Lens, F2.0 Aperture
|Battery Capacity (mAh)|
Nano SIM + Nano USIM
|Micro USB Port||
|Primary Camera Available||
|Graphics PPI (PPI)||
MP3, APE, AMR, WAV, MID, OGG, FLAC, WMA
Gyrometer, Fingerprint Sensor (Hidden Screen), Magnetic Induction, Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, G-sensor/Acceleration Sensor
Capacitive with Multi-touch
AVI, 3GP, MP4, WMV, MKV, MOV, ASF, FLV
Height: 295, Length: 622, Weight: 40, Width: 31
HSPA+, HSDPA: 42 Mbps, HSUPA: 11.5 Mbps
Brand Warranty of 1 Year Available for Mobile and 6 Months for Battery and Accessories
Height: 299, Length: 728, Weight: 146, Width: 394
4G LTE, WCDMA, GSM
OPPO Mobiles India Pvt. Ltd.
OPPO R17 Pro (Emerald Green, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) with Offer
1 year manufacturer warranty for device and 6 months manufacturer warranty for in-box accessories including batteries from the date of purchase
2340 x 1080 pixels
Enter your email address to subscribe to topbestof and receive notifications of new posts by email
LG V30+ (18:9 OLED FullVisionTM, 128GB) - Black
Lenovo Y520 80WK014JIN 15.6-inch All-in-One Desktop (Core i5-7300/16GB/1TB/Windows 10/Integrated...
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus (Coral Blue, 64 GB)(4 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus (Maple Gold, 64 GB)(4 GB RAM)
Moto Z2 Force (Super Black, 64 GB)(6 GB RAM)