- Crisp and Vivid AMOLED display
- Good battery life
- Decent selfie camera
- Smooth gaming performance
- Segment-first in-display fingerprint sensor
- Average low-light camera performance
- Annoying spam from some apps
- No fast charging
Oppo K1 Pros and Cons: Solid Reasons to Change Your Mind
From a decade Oppo is manufacturing camera phones and doing its job really well. The Indian markets are gushed with Oppo smartphones these days as Oppo is continuously launching a series of phones back to back. Oppo K1 is the latest weapon from Oppo global.
The company recently launched the Oppo R15 Pro in January 2019. And now the latest Oppo K1 is all set to fight the battle globally as well as in the Indian smartphone markets. The phone is related to be a mid-budget ranger with notable specifications. Oppo K1 comes at Rs.16,990 with 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM variant.
With the decent specifications of a high-end budget phone under such a budget, Oppo K1 will give a tough competition to similar range phones under Rs.17,000 like Oppo Realme 2 Pro, Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2, Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro, Oppo F9, Oppo Realme U1, Xiaomi Mi A2 etc.
So, We have discussed Oppo K1 Pros and Cons in detail so you have a transparent idea about the strengths and weaknesses of the phone.
Here are Oppo K1 Pros and Cons
- 6.41 inches Super AMOLED display
- 16MP+2MP Rear and 25MP Selfie cameras
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC chipset
- 4GB/ 6GB RAM and 64GB ROM
- 3600mAh battery
- In Display Fingerprint Scanner
Oppo K1: Pros
Here are the pros or advantages of buying Oppo K1-
- Oppo K1 comes with a 6.4 inches (101.0cm^2) SUPER AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display with 16M colors. The screen resolution is 1080 x 2340 pixels with 19.5:9 ratio which gives a vivid and wide viewing range perspective for users. The screen is durable and shielded with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and has a beautiful dewdrop notch on it. The phone also packs an in-display fingerprint sensor.
- The cameras are the main focus of this phone. Oppo K1 camera setup consists of 16MP(f/1.8, 1 /2.8”, 1.12µm, PDAF)rear camera with 2MP depth camera setup(f/2.4) that takes really decent pictures without any shake or blur. Low light pictures through the phone are well defined and clear too. The camera also comes with features like HDR, panorama and LED flash. Overall the clear camera works pretty well in low and bright light which is up to mark keeping the price in mind.
- The 25- megapixel(f/2.0, 1/2.8″, 0.9µm) selfie camera is just a wow factor. Other than any phone under the same price segment, Oppo K1’s selfie camera works really well. Features like HDR mode, beautify mode, the bokeh mode is very well built and does not harm any realistic segment of the image.
- Videos through the rear camera are very stable and shot at 1080p@30fps, 2160p@30fps and are full high definition. Similarly, the selfie camera rolls videos at1080p@30fps with good image clarity and stabilization.
- Oppo K1 packs a Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 chipset with Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260) CPU which tells the phone is speedy and comfortable with multitasking. It also features Adreno 512 GPU, so that you can run heavy games like Asphalt, PUBG, and FIFA without any lag or hindrance.
- Oppo K1 has a weight of 156g with dimensions (3 x 75.5 x 7.4 mm) and is very classy. The phone has dual SIM standby. It has a very unique shimmering design with glass and plastic sandwich body. The gradient color on the back panel is eye-catching and sophisticated. The phone looks delicate but to say the truth it is quite tough and rigid and won’t matter a little mishap.
- The phone comes with a 3600 mAh non-removable Li-ion battery which will absolutely last for a day or two with mild usage.
- OPPO K1 comes with 64GB of RAM out of which around 47.6GB is available for the user. This slightly seems less as compared to other smartphones of the same range but OPPO has all backup for you. The phone comes with a dedicated SD card slot which is expandable up to 256GB, so now carry all your data with you, anywhere.
- The phone also sports features different sensors like in-display fingerprint sensor, gyro sensor, accelerometer, compass and proximity sensor etc.
- Oppo’s K1 is based on the latest ColorOS 5.2.
Oppo K1: Cons
Here are the cons or disadvantages of buying Oppo K1-
- Slight issues with cameras in low light but that can be neglected comparing the overall camera performance.
- Oppo is known for Vooc charging but this time they have disappointed us, as there is no fast charging in the K1.
- K1 runs on an old operating system i.e 8.1, so we hope to get the latest update as soon as possible from Oppo.
- Bloated ColorOS with lots of pre-installed apps and modern customizations.
- Spam from pre-installed apps which is not user-friendly.
So, this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest Oppo K1, read further for our final words on whether you should buy this smartphone or not.back to menu ↑
Oppo K1: Price & Availability
Final Thoughts on Oppo K1
To collect everything into a single frame, we would say that Oppo K1 is a power-packed deal to go with as Oppo is a promising brand with hands-on many areas and especially cameras. The phone looks really magnificent and beautiful with a gradient color scheme. The dual camera set up along with the 25-megapixel selfie camera works wonderfully well and takes amazing pictures. Under Rs.17,000 you get an in-display fingerprint sensor which is seen in high-end budget phones. The only problem seems with the phone is that the pre-installed apps show spam which is at some point of time irritating but that can be overlooked. In my opinion, if you want a phone with really good cameras along with good specs you should definitely buy the new Oppo K1 smartphone.
In short, the phone is a complete pack for day to day users.
You can consider the following phones as other option mentioned with the full pros and cons-
- Asus Zenfone Max M2 Pros and Cons
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Pros and Cons
- Redmi Note 6 Pro Pros and Cons
- Realme 2 Pro Pros and Cons
Still, if you any doubt after going via the Oppo K1 Pros and Cons or its conclusion then ask your question in the Comment and get Answer immediately.
Also, If you are looking for other high-quality Tech reviews or list of best gadgets then google it like “best phones under 10000 topbestof” or “best earphones under 1000 topbestof”, “Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 topbestof” or in general “what you want + topbestof”.back to menu ↑
Oppo K1: Best/Lowest Price Alert
We hope you like our post- Oppo K1 Pros and Cons and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.
Enter your email address to subscribe to topbestof and receive notifications of new posts by email
Google Pixel 3 XL (Not Pink, 64 GB)(4 GB RAM)
Samsung Gear ** Smartwatch for Most Android Phones - Dark Gray
Apple iPhone X (Silver, 64 GB)
Asus TUF Gaming FX504GD-E4021T 15.6-inch Laptop (8th Gen Intel Core i5-8300H Processor 2.3...
Apple MacBook Pro (15-inch Retina, Touch Bar, 2.6GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD) -...