- Attractive and premium looks.
- Good battery life
- Light weighted
- USB Type C
- Great Cameras
- Old Android
- Slippery Back
- Hybrid SIM Slot
Huawei Y9 2019 Pros and Cons: Solid Reasons to Change Your Mind
Huawei has revealed its 3rd device in 2019 only. The company has worked very hard to fulfill the needs of Indian users with their Kirin Processer. It seems that the upcoming smartphone giant is not yet done surprising everyone with the launch of amazing smartphones one after the other in various price segments. Huawei Y9 launched on 10 January 2019 is priced at Rs.15990.
As price tells everything that Huawei Y9 2019 is a midrange smartphone of the year 2019 with great specs and beautiful looks. The new Huawei device is going to be Amazon exclusive. Y9 2019 will be liked by battery back up lover as Huawei gives a big 4000mAh battery with Y9. The device is having Dual AI-powered camera setup at both front and rear part of the phone. This AI technology recognizes more than 500 scene types by creating 22 category labels. Dual front (16 MP + 2 MP) and rear (13 MP + 2 MP) cameras have a keen eye for vivid detail. The phone forgets 6.5 inches FullHD+ IPS LED display.
So, We have discussed Huawei Y9 2019 pros and cons in detail so that you have a clear idea about the strengths and weaknesses of this phone.
Huawei Y9 2019 Pros and Cons in detail
- 6.5 inch FHD+ AMOLED screen with 1080 X 2340 pixels resolution and latest Gorilla Glass 6 protection.
- Octa-core CPU– Dual core 2.2 GHz + Hexa core 1.7 GHz.
- Hisilicon Kirin 710 with Mali-G51 MP4 GPU.
- 128 GB, 6 GB RAM or 64 GB, 4 GB RAM.
- 4000 mAh LI-Polymer battery.
- Good Dimensions with Light Weight -162.40mm(Height) X 77.1mm(Width) X 8.1mm(Thickness) with 173 grams
- Dual Rear Camera– 16MP( f/2.0)+2 MP(f/2.4).
- Dual Secondary (Selfie) camera– 12MP( f/1.8)+2 MP(f/2.4).
- Bluetooth 5.0.
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with skin EMUI 8.2.
- The fingerprint sensor and Face-Unlock feature.
- Colors-Midnight Black, Sapphire Blue, and Aurora Purple.
Huawei Y9 2019: Pros
Here are the pros or advantages of buying Huawei Y9 2019-
- The smartphone is entirely made up of plastic but looks like glass due to its shiny reflection. The colors are quite eye-catching and make the smartphone look attractive. Huawei Y9 2019 comes in three color variant: Midnight Black, Sapphire Blue, and Aurora Purple.
- Huawei Y9 2019 sports a 6.5-inch touchscreen display along with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2340 pixels at a PPI of 396 pixels per inch. It offers an IPS LED FullHD+ display with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. It also has a small notch on the top which features the Dual front camera. The display of the smartphone is great with nice colors and great brightness levels. The viewing angles are quite nice. There is not much of a color shift when tilting the display.
- Huawei Y9 2019 sports a 16MP+2MP dual rear camera with f/2.0+f/2.4 aperture respectively. In the good lighting conditions, the pictures clicked are quite amazing with nice color production and clear detailing. The smartphone has a good bokeh effect which provides very clear shots. It also supports features like Digital Zoom, Auto Flash, Touch to Focus, Face Detection and high dynamic range(HDR) imaging. Huawei Y9 2019 has the following modes: Professional, Face Beauty, Time-Lapse, Panorama, PDAF, Portrait Mode, and AI Scene recognition.
- The smartphone sports Dual selfie Cameras i.e 13MP camera with f/1.8 aperture and 2MP(f/2.4) and it supports the AI face beauty and a nice selfie flash. The clicked pictures are clear, with lots of details and are enhanced by the beauty modes to make your selfies look clear and beautiful. The selfie flash is quite helpful in the low lighting conditions. Following modes are available in the front camera of Huawei Y9 2019: Face Beauty, Portrait Mode, and HDR.
- With Hisilicon Kirin 710 Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53) paired with Android Oreo 8.1, 4GB of RAM and 64GB of expandable storage, the smartphone gives quite a smooth performance even while playing heavy games like PUBG with no heating issue just due to great GPU Mali-G51 MP4. The switching from one heavy app to another is smooth as well and does not show any lags. For graphical performance that can make games run smoothly, this phone has got Mali-G51 MP4 which is well known for its graphical performance.
- With a large battery of about 4000 mAh, you can easily use your phone for a day and a half without charging it. Even with the heavy usage, the phone easily works for a full day without the need to charge it.
- Sensors in Huawei Y9 2019 are Face unlock, Fingerprint sensor, Compass/ Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, and Gyroscope.
- Huawei Y9 2019 offers good connectivity with WI-Fi, GPS, 3G and 4G, Bluetooth 5.0, micro USB 2.0, and OTG support.
- There is a single speaker grill at the bottom. The sound quality of the speaker is nice with a loud and clear voice. The powerful speaker will enable you to enjoy your favorite music and movies without worrying about plugging in the earphones. We have tested the sound output of the phone using 1 More Piston fit earphone(review), the result was very good.
- The Huawei Y9 uses latest NICAM technology to enhance the sound when you are at a call in the populated or noisy area.
Huawei Y9 2019: Cons
Here are the cons or disadvantages to buying Huawei Y9 2019-
- The smartphone is a bit slippery with its extra smooth back.
- Huawei uses a simple charging adaptor with the 10W rating which is slow to charge the new Huawei Y9 2019.
- No latest Android Huawei Y9 2019 runs on old 8.1 version.
- There is no dedicated micro-SD card slot provided in Huawei Y9 2019. Either one can put a second SIM card or a micro-SD card in the phone.
So this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest Huawei Y9 2019, read further for our final words on whether or not you should buy this smartphone.back to menu ↑
Final Thoughts on Huawei Y9 2019
Huawei Y9 2019 is definitely a good choice for such a Mid-priced budget smartphone, as it is offering great performance with an impressive big screen in this price segment. The Honor 10 Lite gives direct competition to Xiaomi Mi A2, Redmi Note 6 Pro, and Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2. The smartphone features a notch display with Dual rear and front cameras which are the need of the hour. It also performs pretty well in day-to-day tasks giving a great Battery backup. Heavy games like PUBG are running without any issue all thanx to Hisilicon Kirin 710 which comes with Mali-G51 MP4 GPU.
In short, the phone is a complete pack for day to day users.
The smartphone can be protected by using a transparent silicone back cover without loosing to show-off your new smartphone.
You can consider following phones as other option mentioned with the full pros and cons-
- Honor 10 Lite Pros and Cons
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Pros and Cons
- Redmi Note 6 Pro Pros and Cons
- Realme 2 Pros and Cons
- Honor 8C Pros and Cons
Still, if you any doubt after going via the Huawei Y9 2019 Pros and Cons or its conclusion then ask your question in the Comment and get Answer immediately.
Also, If you are looking for other high-quality Tech reviews or list of best gadgets then google it like “best phones under 10000 topbestof” or “best earphones under 1000 topbestof”, “Asus Zenfone Max M2 topbestof” or in general “what you want + topbestof”.
Enter your email address to subscribe to topbestof and receive notifications of new posts by email