- Attractive and premium looks.
- Good battery life
- Light weighted
- USB Type C
- Good overall performance
- Great Cameras
- Slippery Back
- No external Storage
Honor View 20 Pros and Cons: Solid Reasons to Change Your Mind
Honor is set to launch the first 48MP AI-powered cameras in the world. 2017 is known as an era of Notched display with the introduction of iPhone X and with the change in time the main focus of smartphone maker is shifted to a camera and I am sure that you are going to see a great camera in 2019. Honor is all set to launch its new device with 7nm processor chipset i.e Kirin 980. After the Lumia 1020, this is a second phone which is going too have a rear camera set up with the 48MP camera. The device is going to be an Amazon Exclusive and is going to be sold from 15 January. You are going to have a new notch at the right corner of display for a 25MP selfie camera. The device is having to variants one is with 6GB with 128GB ROM and another variant is having 8GB RAM with 256GB ROM.
Looks of the device are so awesome just due to V-shaped pattern on the glossy glass back which enhances the look 0f device to another level. Honor View 20 looks outstanding in Hands. On the front panel, there is a beautiful 6.4 Inches IPS LCD display great vibrant colors.
Honor knows that nowadays 64GB ROM is not enough. So, they have decided to launch it with base storage option as 128GB. The View 20 is a complete package which offers you a great camera and good performance. View 20 offers great competition to OnePlus 6T and Huawei Nova 3i and phones of this price tag.
So, We have discussed Honor View 20 pros and cons in detail so that you have a clear idea about the strengths and weaknesses of this phone.
Honor View 20 Pros and Cons in detail
- 6.4 inch FHD+ IPS LCD screen with 1080 X 2340 pixels resolution.
- Octa-core CPU– with dual 2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55.
- HiSilicon Kirin 980 with Mali-G76 MP10 GPU.
- 128 GB, 6/8 GB RAM or 256 GB, 8GB RAM.
- 4000 mAh LI-Polymer battery.
- Good Dimensions with Light Weight -156.9mm(Height) X 75.4mm(Width) X 8.1mm(Thickness) with 180 grams.
- Rear Camera– 48MP( f/1.8).
- Secondary (Selfie) camera– 25MP( f/2.0).
- Cooling system.
- Bluetooth 5.0 and NFC.
- Android 9.0 (PIE) with skin Magic UI 2.0.
- The fingerprint sensor, and Face-Unlock feature.
- Colors-Sea Blue, Phantom Blue, Red, Magic Night Black.
Honor View 20: Pros
Here are the pros or advantages of buying Honor View 20-
- Honor View 20 Pro sports an amazing design with a glass back along with a metal frame. Honor has used a new notch or simply you can say they have used a hole at right corner for selfie camera. With the help of this hole, bezels are nearly reduced. This will give full view display and reduce the size of the device, but it also provides for a much better grip and good in-hand feel. The V-shaped pattern at back enhances the look of the phone and phone looks extremely well.
- The Honor View 20 forges 6.4 inches IPS LCD display along with resolution of 1080 X 2340 pixels at a PPI of 398 pixels per inch. It offers a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. The display is simply amazing with vibrant colors and proper sunlight contrast. It also comes with Corning Gorilla glass, so you don’t have to worry about the screen.
- With Hisilicon Kirin 980 Octa-core (2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55) paired with Android Pie 9.0 and on top of this is Magic UI 2.0, 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage(UFS2.1), the smartphone gives great smooth performance even while playing heavy games like PUBG with no heating issue just due to great GPU Mali-G76 MP10.
- The switching from one heavy app to another is smooth as well and does not show any lags. For graphical performance that can make games run smoothly, this phone has got Mali-G76 MP10 which is well known for its graphical performance. The Hisilicon Kirin 980 is a 7nm chipset processor, as due to the small size of processer the performance of the phone is unbeaten.
- Coming to the main sensation of the device the 48MP camera. You are going to get a 48MP camera at the rear part of the View 20. Which comes with Sony IMX586 sensor with an f/1.8 aperture which is enough power to provide great shots in both daylights and in dim light. The performance of the camera is enhanced by the following options while using the rear camera 960fps slow-motion video recording, night scene, autofocus, AI HDR, EIS and LED flash support.
- There is a 3D Time of Flight (ToF) sensor to capture the depth of an image, and that can be used for features like slimming subjects in photos as well as creating 3D avatars of users. You are going to enjoy 4K videos at 30fps captured by View 20. In short, the performance of View 20 is nearly unbeaten.
- Coming to the front Camera there is a single camera at the top of the device which is of 25MP with an aperture of f/2.0 which comes with fixed focus. As rear camera selfie camera also comes with great option while taking selfies i.e AI photo, portrait, fun AR, time-lapse photography, slow-motion, and HDR. Selfies clicked by View 20 are having great content. If you are a selfie lover then this Honor device is for you.
- The View 20 is having S-shaped colling tube which improves the performance of the device while playing games like PUBG or Asphalt 9.
- View 20 also supports GPU Turbo 2.0 technology for supporting intense gaming sessions. The company is touting AI-based GPS tech with dual-band technology for more accurate positioning.
- 4000mAh battery which comes with fast charging(4.5V/5A) adds more spice to the device and make it a perfect phone.
- Sensors on the phone include Face unlock, Fingerprint sensor, Compass/ Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, and Gyroscope.
- Honor View 20 offers good connectivity with WI-Fi, GPS, 3G and 4G, Bluetooth 5.0, micro USB 3.1, NFC, and OTG support.
Honor View 20: Cons
Here are the cons or disadvantages to buying Honor View 20-
- The smartphone is a bit slippery with its extra smooth back.
- Huawei does not provide the standard microSD card slot. It has provided its proprietary format that is for a smaller Nano SD card that is yet to be launched. Hence, this gets a bit frustrating for the users.
- The interface is a bit cluttered with lots of apps.
- No waterproofing.
So this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest Honor View 20, read further for our final words on whether or not you should buy this smartphone.back to menu ↑
Honor View 20: Price & Availability
Final Thoughts on Honor View 20
Honor View 20 is an amazing smartphone with all the top level features, amazing performance, great cameras, and a big battery. The smartphone is quite well built and looks premium and the color choices are pretty good too. This smartphone has everything that it takes to give a tough competition to the top smartphones like OnePlus 6T, Xiaomi Poco F1. Except being a great performer the device is also a great camera phone all thanks to the 48MP rear camera. Heavy games like PUBG are running without any issue all thanx to Hisilicon Kirin 980 which comes with Mali-G76 MP10 GPU.
You can consider following phones as other option mentioned with the full pros and cons-
Still, if you any doubt after going through the Honor View 20 Pros and Cons or its conclusion then ask your question in the Comment and get Answer immediately.
Also, If you are looking for other high-quality Tech reviews or list of best gadgets then google it like “best phones under 10000 topbestof” or “best earphones under 1000 topbestof”, “Honor Magic 2 topbestof” or in general “what you want + topbestof”.back to menu ↑
Honor View 20: Best/Lowest Price Alert
We hope you like our post- Honor View 20 Pros and Cons and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.
Amazon Freedom Sale (Up to 80% off). Check Handpicked & Best Selling Deals @topbestof
Enter your email address to subscribe to topbestof and receive notifications of new posts by email
Acer Nitro 5 (Ryzen 5/8 GB/1 TB/Windows 10 Home/15.6" FHD/4 GB RX560X Graphics) AN515-42...
Dell Inspiron 15 3000 APU Dual Core A9 - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home) 3565 Laptop(15.6 inch,...
JBL Bar 5.1 Channel 510W 4K Ultra HD Sound bar with Wireless Surround Speakers(Black, 5.1 Channel)
Lenovo Ideapad 330 (Core i5 - 8th Gen/8 GB RAM/1 TB HDD/39.624 cm (15.6 inch)/DOS/4 GB Graphics)...
JBL Bar studio 2.0 30 W Bluetooth Soundbar(Black, 2.0 Channel)