- Good battery life.
- Stock Android with promised updates.
- Very poor low-light camera performance.
- Minor UI bugs.
Asus Zenfone Max M2 Pros and Cons: Solid Reasons to Change Your Mind
Asus has made the year quite eventful for itself before the curtains can be drawn on the year 2018. Asus has launched 6 smartphones this year and yet another comes before we bid Good-Bye to the year. Asus has launched another in the series, Asus Zenfone Max M2 on 20 December 2018. It comes in two variants of 3GB RAM/32GB ROM and 4GB RAM/64GB ROM and is priced at Rs. 9999 and Rs.11999 respectively. Asus Zenfone Max M2 comes in two colours– Black and Blue.
So, We have discussed Asus Zenfone Max M2 pros and cons in detail so that you have a clear idea about the strengths and weaknesses of this phone.
Asus Zenfone Max M2 Pros and Cons in detail-
- 6.26 inch(15.9cm) IPS LCD capacitive multi-touch touchscreen with 720 X 1520 pixels resolution.
- 1.8 GHz Octa-core (1.8 GHz, Quad-core, Kryo 250 Gold + 1.8 GHz, Quad-core, Kryo 250 Silver) processor.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 chipset processor with Adreno 506 GPU.
- 3 GB RAM with 32 GB ROM and 4 GB RAM with 64 GB ROM which can be expanded upto 200 GB via micro-SD card.
- 4000 mAh LI-Polymer non-removable battery.
- Good Dimensions with Light Weight -158.4mm(Height) X 76.2mm(Width) X 7.7mm(Thickness) with 160 grams.
- Dual-Rear Camera – 13 MP + 2 MP with Single LED flash.
- Secondary (Selfie) Camera – 8 MP with Single LED flash.
- Connectivity – 2G, 3G, 4G, microUSB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, 3.5 mm jack and FM.
- Stock Android 8.1 (Oreo).
- Face Unlock and Fingerprint sensor.
Asus Zenfone Max M2: Pros
Here are the pros or advantages of buying Asus Zenfone Max M2-
- Asus Zenfone Max M2 is a very light-weight with a big-screen smartphone with an impressive notch design. Asus Zenfone Max M2 features a plastic body with a metal rear panel. The overall look of Asus Zenfone Max M2 is pretty impressive and premium considering this price segment. With a metal rear panel and comes in two colours – Black and Blue, Asus Zenfone Max M2 are definitely going to seek some attention in this budget smartphone segment.
- Asus Zenfone Max M2 features a big and crisp 6.26 inch(15.9 cm) IPS LCD touchscreen with a resolution of 720 pixels by 1520 pixels of pixel density 269 ppi(Pixels Per Inch). This big display offers an Aspect Ratio of 19:9, delivering good visuals with minimum bezels on the sides, with a notch that carries the Selfie Camera with Flash, Proximity sensors, and Earpiece. The IPS display is very crisp, clear and bright and provides a good visual experience with bright and vivid colours. It offers a screen-to-body ratio of 80.64%.
- Asus Zenfone Max M2 runs on stock Android 8.1 (OREO) operating system which is powered by 1.8 GHz Octa-core processor with Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 chipset. For good and smooth performance, the smartphone features a 3 GB/4 GB RAM with 32 GB/64 GB of internal storage which can be extended up to 200 GB using a micro-SD card. To deliver better graphical and gaming experience, it is powered by Adreno 506 GPU. The phone works well for day-to-day usage, but doesn’t deliver a smooth experience playing heavy games like PUBG, Real RACING 3 and gets heated in a short span of time. But to add-on, the users get 100 GB space in Google drive for a year.
- Asus Zenfone Max M2 offers good connectivity with WI-Fi, GPS, 3G and 4G, Bluetooth 4.2, micro USB 2.0 and OTG support.
- Asus Zenfone Max M2 sports a 13 MP lens+ 2 MP lens Dual-Rear camera. The camera captures good photographs with crisp colours and clear details in the daylight. While in low lighting, it fails to deliver good images. On the video recording part, it can record on a good 3840 pixels X 2160 pixels resolution @ 30 fps. The overall camera experience of Asus Zenfone Max M2 is good comparing the low prices in the budget smartphone segment.
- 8 MP Front snapper take good selfies. It comes with some pre-loaded modes and filters to enhance your selfies. The selfies taken have good details with good colours. There is a Portrait mode also for taking Selfies.
- Asus Zenfone Max M2 comes with an amazing 4000 mAh battery which gives you around 35 hours of 3G Talktime with approximately 790 hours of Stand-by time. The smartphone works fluently throughout the day, performing daily tasks effortlessly.
- There is a dedicated micro-SD card slot available on the smartphone relieving many who are using 2nd SIM.
- Asus Zenfone Max M2 have basic other sensors like Fingerprint sensor, Ambient Light sensor, Accelerometer Compass/Magnetometer, Proximity sensor and Gyroscope.
Asus Zenfone Max M2: Cons
Here are the cons or disadvantages of buying Asus Zenfone Max M2-
- Asus Zenfone Max M2 has a bit slippery body and one has to be very careful while holding it without a back cover.
- Asus Zenfone Max M2 offers a good camera setup but both the camera setup lacks in delivering a good photograph in low lighting.
- Unnecessary bloatware and apps are pre-installed on Asus Zenfone Max M2.
- There is a lot of stuttering and heating problem in the experience while playing heavy games and surfing videos in a short period of time.
- There is no Qualcomm Quick Charge supported, but one gets a 10W adapter inside the box.
So this was our take on the advantages and disadvantages of the latest Asus Zenfone Max M2, read further for our final words on whether or not you should buy this smartphone.back to menu ↑
Final Thoughts on Asus Zenfone Max M2
Is Asus Zenfone Max M2 a good smartphone to buy?
Asus Zenfone Max M2 is definitely a good choice for such a low-priced budget smartphone, as it is offering good general performance with an impressive big screen in this price segment. The smartphone features a notch display with dedicated SIM-slot which is the need of the hour. It also performs pretty well in day-to-day tasks giving a good Battery backup. Asus Zenfone Max M2 sports good rear camera which give good results in daylight.
Asus Zenfone Max M2 only lacks on some minor things such as a cluttered User Interface with some bugs and an average performing camera setup. It does lack in delivering a good gaming experience with a minor heating problem.
The smartphone can be protected by using a transparent silicone back cover without loosing to show-off your new smartphone.
You can consider following phones as other option mentioned with the full pros and cons-
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Pros and Cons
- Redmi Note 6 Pro Pros and Cons
- Realme 2 Pros and Cons
- Honor 8C Pros and Cons
Still, if you any doubt after going via the Asus Zenfone Max M2 Pros and Cons or its conclusion then ask your question in the Comment and get Answer immediately.
Also, If you are looking for other high-quality Tech reviews or list of best gadgets then google it like “best phones under 10000 topbestof” or “best earphones under 1000 topbestof”, “Asus Zenfone Max M2 topbestof” or in general “what you want + topbestof”.back to menu ↑
Asus Zenfone Max M2: Price & Availability in India
Asus Zenfone Max M2: Best/Lowest Price Alert
We hope you like our post-Asus Zenfone Max M2 Pros and Cons and for any doubt feel free to ask via comment.
Specification: Asus Zenfone Max M2
|In The Box||
Handset, USB Cable, 10W Adapter, User Manual, Warranty Card, Ejector Pin, Clear Soft Case
1520 x 720 pixels
|Internal Storage (GB)||
Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 Octa Core
13MP + 2MP
|Other Display Features||
2.5D Glass, Notch Panel, 19:9 Aspect Ratio, 430 nits Brightness
|Primary Clock Speed (GHz)||
GSM – 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, WCDMA – B1/B2/B5/B8, FDD – B1/B2/B3/B5/B7/B8/B20, TDD – B40
|Expandable Storage (TB)||
|Supported Memory Card Type||
|Memory Card Slot Type||
|Primary Camera Available||
|Primary Camera Features||
13MP, f/1.8, 1.12um, 5P Lens + 2MP Dedicated Depth Sensor
|Secondary Camera Available||
|Secondary Camera (MP)|
|Secondary Camera Features||
f/2.0, 1.12um, EIS, Portrait
Rear and Front (Single LED Flash)
ZenFone Max M2
|Hybrid Sim Slot||
5 Magnet Speaker, NXP SmartAmp, 2 x Microphone
|Full HD Recording||
LTE 2CA, Wi-Fi Direct, Charger – 10W/5V/2A, Reverse Charging 0.5A, Fingerprint Sensor, 3 Slots – 2 SIM Card and 1 MicroSD, AMAX – AOSP, Face Unlock
|Audio Jack (mm)||
|Video Recording Resolution||
Nano SIM and Nano SIM
Dual Standby (4G VoLTE+4G VoLTE)
Accelerator, E-compass, Proximity, Fingerprint, Gyroscope, Ambient Light Sensor
|Battery Capacity (mAh)|
|Dual Camera Lens||
4G VOLTE, 4G, 3G, 2G
4G VoLTE, 4G LTE, WCDMA, GSM
4G, 3G, Wi-Fi, EDGE, GPRS
DC-HSPA+ (DL/UL): 42/5.76 Mbps
|Micro USB Port||
|Micro USB Version||
Brand Warranty of 1 Year Available for Mobile and 6 Months for Accessories
|Display Size (inch)|
|Primary Camera (MP)|
Enter your email address to subscribe to topbestof and receive notifications of new posts by email
LG V30+ (18:9 OLED FullVisionTM, 128GB) - Black
Lenovo Y520 80WK014JIN 15.6-inch All-in-One Desktop (Core i5-7300/16GB/1TB/Windows 10/Integrated...
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus (Coral Blue, 64 GB)(4 GB RAM)
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus (Maple Gold, 64 GB)(4 GB RAM)
Moto Z2 Force (Super Black, 64 GB)(6 GB RAM)