On 7th July 2017, the government has launched a new app to clear the doubt of common people regarding GST rate on all product and services in India. The name of app is GST Rate Finder. GST Rate Finder which is brought to you by Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) and it works as same as the name suggest. During the Launch Session, CBEC chairperson Vanaja Sarna says that “First app of its kind which would be a ready reckoner( a device designed to assist with calculation) for public, for customers, for consumers, traders, students, anyone who wishes to look for GST rates available. So, if you are in a market, a restaurant or anywhere you can easily check what the (GST) rate is”.
Let’s start with what is GST and full form of it? So, GST stands for Goods and Services Tax. Inshort GST means- It is an indirect tax which is charged throughout India and it replaces several taxes which were being charged by Central and State Government. So, Let’s get into the app and know how much it will benefit you. Download GST Rate Finder App now.
Highlights on GST Rate Finder App
- The app is launched by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
- GST Rates Finder app is out for Android smartphones.
- The app is in the stage of development for iPhone and Window platform users.
- It is a complete guide for Goods and service Tax.
- A taxpayer can get most of the info about the changes and rules from the GST App.
- The app once downloaded, downloaded data can be accessed offline as well.
With the help of this App, a user can check details such as GST Rates list and can also get the view of the full description of goods and services, or content regarding Harmonised system of Nomenclature (HSN).
However, Central Board of Excise and Customs have also provided a GST rate finder on its website www.cbec-gst.gov.in to help out peoples. A taxpayer can search for Central, State, Union GST Rates list and can get information regarding the description of goods and services or HSN chapters. Thus, these all are really innovative idea to help a number of taxpayer regarding changes made by GST.
GST is goods and simple taxes as said by our honorable Prime Minister “Narendra Modi” but right now there are lots of people who didn’t understand it, there are lots of confusion regarding the changes in Taxations and norms of GST. Keeping all these in mind our Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has launched GST Rates Finder app. Words said by the Finance Ministry-“This mobile app helps users to find rates of GST for various goods and services. It can be downloaded on any smartphone and can work in Offline mode, once downloaded. The people can check the GST rates lists for all the product and the services by feeding or giving the name or chapter heading of the commodity or service”.
Still, any doubt so feels free to ask via comment.
Thanks for reading. We are waiting to see you again.
Hand Picked other articles:
- Top 10 Best Phones under 15000 (Rs) in India Depth Review
- Best Earphones under 500 Rs: These 5 earphones are best to pick in 500 (Depth Review)
- Top 10 Best Earphones to buy under ₹1000 in India (Depth Review)
- 10 Best Smartphone under 10000 (Rs) in India (Depth Review)
- Top 5 Cool & Best Youtube trick that you must know